Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 11:02 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
that sure is a lot for an ice cream cone!
Unheard of, here in Kent County! $2.00 for a huge double dip ice cream cone is the highest I've seen. I know transplants don't like to hear this, but down at the beach area, they really sock it to you in regard to prices for many things. They take advantage of newcomers accustomed to paying high prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 12:02 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Unheard of, here in Kent County! $2.00 for a huge double dip ice cream cone is the highest I've seen. I know transplants don't like to hear this, but down at the beach area, they really sock it to you in regard to prices for many things. They take advantage of newcomers accustomed to paying high prices.
I am gonna have to get up there soon.

Old 08-29-2021, 01:15 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,223 times
Quote:
Most certainly true; I see this every day.

Old 08-29-2021, 01:49 PM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
Quote:
I daresay the high rent, short season and captive clientele of mostly vacationers or those willing to pay for the convenience makes it all possible. I don't find the Hopkins Creamery (at their farm location) prices to be a bad deal for the quality you get, though not nearly the bargain you're all getting up in Kent County. So I'll be sticking with getting my Hopkins fix at their Creamery in Lewes, which is just a few miles from my house. I also love that they're located on Dairy Farm Road. One of these days, I'm going to get up to Kent County and get one of those $2 double dip ice cream cones at your recommendation, rdlr!!

Old 08-29-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I daresay the high rent, short season and captive clientele of mostly vacationers or those willing to pay for the convenience makes it all possible. I don't find the Hopkins Creamery (at their farm location) prices to be a bad deal for the quality you get, though not nearly the bargain you're all getting up in Kent County. So I'll be sticking with getting my Hopkins fix at their Creamery in Lewes, which is just a few miles from my house. I also love that they're located on Dairy Farm Road. One of these days, I'm going to get up to Kent County and get one of those $2 double dip ice cream cones at your recommendation, rdlr!!
We don't go to Bylers (West of Dover) as often as we did. After paying $1.00 for a double dip cone since 1974, we take offense at paying $2.00.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:46 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
A local fire company has homemade ice cream, sold at the station on Friday and Saturday evenings. It was $3 for a huge serving until going up to $4 this year. It is excellent and supports the fire company, lots of flavors and you can get 2 flavors in the “small”. Also new this year is a kid-size serving for $2. Half-gallons are $8. Check Felton Fire Company on Facebook. They usually list the available flavors. Sometimes a bbq truck visits the station on Friday.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:52 AM

Default Delaware Agric. Museum "Farm-To-Table-Dinner"

Nice dinner, nice atmosphere, no hustle-bustle or traffic snarls
Menu: https://www.agriculturalmuseum.org/farm-to-table-dinner
For information and tickets:
https://deagmuseumdover.ticketspice....o-table-dinner

Last edited by rdlr; 08-30-2021 at 08:04 AM..

Old 08-31-2021, 09:36 AM

Default If You Like Live Music, and Good Bar Food....

The Green Stinger is a local place, with some very good bands, and an outside patio with beautiful bright-yellow umbrellas. Location is on the corner of Walnut Shade Rd. and Rt. 13. We enjoy the camaraderie and live music on cool Friday nights.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:41 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Quote:
Nope...........Tre Sorelle Dolce is $3.75 for single scoop and not that huge. I just checked my credit card statement to be sure. I treated a friend who had never been there and it was $7.50 for 2 of us, each a single scoop. It was good, but way too pricey for me. Where did you find that deal?

Just noticed that you mentioned Byler's. We still have several of their tokens good for a single dip....do you know if they still take them? We paid $1 each for them, so not sure they would still be good.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Nope...........Tre Sorelle Dolce is $3.75 for single scoop and not that huge. I just checked my credit card statement to be sure. I treated a friend who had never been there and it was $7.50 for 2 of us, each a single scoop. It was good, but way too pricey for me. Where did you find that deal?

Just noticed that you mentioned Byler's. We still have several of their tokens good for a single dip....do you know if they still take them? We paid $1 each for them, so not sure they would still be good.
I don't go to Tre Sorelle Dolce at all often. I've noticed, that the long lines that they had in the Spring, are gone! What I didn't like, was, when you buy an ice cream cone they blatantly ask for a tip. Too much!

I don't know about Byler's tokens. We're now stuck on Arby's orange cream milkshake. It's HUGE, and I think it's about $2.00 each. Whatever the price is, it's very cheap. Actually, we buy just one, and bring a paper cup so we can split it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware