Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:19 AM

3 posts, read 9,967 times

Advertisements

We picked the Campanula. I liked the master suite in the rear of the house. At first I liked the Acacia with the morning room, but didn't like the idea of the master suite off the living room. We are getting a lot of traffic selling our house, but no bites yet. I'm hoping its soon. Trying to be patient. Not easy. As soon as we get a contract signed and the buyers have a mortgage commitment, we will be down to put our money down for a lot. Hope to meet you when we get there, I'm sure we will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 06:33 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,683,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akosecretary View Post
We picked the Campanula. I liked the master suite in the rear of the house. At first I liked the Acacia with the morning room, but didn't like the idea of the master suite off the living room. We are getting a lot of traffic selling our house, but no bites yet. I'm hoping its soon. Trying to be patient. Not easy. As soon as we get a contract signed and the buyers have a mortgage commitment, we will be down to put our money down for a lot. Hope to meet you when we get there, I'm sure we will.
the campanula is a good choice and very popular. We had a couple here yesterday who are moving in the end of june. They came to see us..we had met before.
Anyway the are right up from us on foxtail lane.

Would love to meet you too
let me know about when you will be down and we can meet. Or just ask in the office.........they know who elizamary is.

I agree with you assessment of the acacia. We also loved the morning room but that den/bedroom/office in the front of the house was just off balance.
We have the wisteria which is a mini version of the Campanula.
Looking forward to our meeting.

Eliza

Last edited by elizamary; 06-10-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 08:38 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,317,623 times
We live in Florida now, but highly considering a move to Newark, DE.........and to me just by looking at the map...my favorite thing would be that it is within one hour distance to DC and all the wonderful museums and also within one hour from the beach!!!!!!! anything in between would be just cool! but to me these two are huge pluses and the fact that we would be a lot closer in hours from our family in NY....

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,993,153 times
One hour is wishful thinking. About an hour and a half by Acela Express to DC or NYC from Wilmington. However, for Newark you have to take a regional train (or drive to the station in Wilmington). To the main beaches in Sussex County will also take you more like an hour and three quarters by car. It's still well located, just not quite as well located as you are imagining.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:17 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,317,623 times
well, considering that now we can't go at all because we are 14 hours away from DC...(were not flying)...1 1/2 even 2 hours away it is still a pretty good deal! it takes me an hour to get to the beach here! so...not that much difference, at least we will HAVE a train there if we wanted too...forget that here!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:03 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,689,659 times
Favorite thing about Delaware?.........Is............The Beaches!! ( along with the beach towns)

Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 AM

The beautiful Appalachian Piedmont topography, flora and fauna of northern New Castle County. The lush agricultural fields in summertime of Kent and Sussex. The marshlands of middle and lower Delaware. The beaches and beachtowns, especially the old town of Lewes and the beach and beach grasses growing just off the boardwalk at Rehoboth.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:23 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,683,775 times
The beach towns are wonderful and I love Lewes.......so quaint. Good restauants there as well.
We live in the middle of farm lands which is such a refreshing change of scenery for this city gal.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 AM

No sales tax, paying exactly what the price tag says. Easy to get a DE drivers license. Most people quite pleasant. IME a lack of attitude on the part of county government offices and personnel, and low bureaucracy compared to other places. DE is generally user-friendly.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,689,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
The beautiful Appalachian Piedmont topography, flora and fauna of northern New Castle County. The lush agricultural fields in summertime of Kent and Sussex. The marshlands of middle and lower Delaware. The beaches and beachtowns, especially the old town of Lewes and the beach and beach grasses growing just off the boardwalk at Rehoboth.
So you love the beautiful beach grasses growing just off the boardwalk at Rehoboth.......Here's one then for YOU! Rehoboth beach grass~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware