Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 03:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Things are making more sense now...
I'm not sure what your comment means. This topic is about gum disease and smoking and antioxidants and is in in fluoride and foods etc.

Regardless, I'm anti fluoridating anything but yes we do get it in nature.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:05 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No way, the naturally occurring and the stuff that comes in bags from now mostly China is day and night type fluoride. Keep trying to convince yourself of that Suzy.

Yes, way.

Fluoride is ionized fluorine. Whether it is found in ground water or added to drinking water, it is absolutely chemically identical.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:16 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Which form of fluoride do the dentists use to bath children's teeth? And what tablets are prescribed when parents ask for them. can't imagine but they do.

My grandgirl ended up with mild fluorosis after her teeth were treated with the dental fluoride bath or whatever they use. Beautiful teeth now blotched.
Unless her teeth were somehow treated before they erupted through the gums the "dental fluoride bath or whatever they use" did not cause fluorosis, which can only occur during formation of the tooth when the enamel is being laid down. .

You have said before that the white spots on her teeth happened after her braces were removed. Those spots are due to less than perfect hygiene while the braces are on the teeth.

https://saddlecreekortho.com/do-orth...pots-on-teeth/

Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Unless her teeth were somehow treated before they erupted through the gums the "dental fluoride bath or whatever they use" did not cause fluorosis, which can only occur during formation of the tooth when the enamel is being laid down. .

You have said before that the white spots on her teeth happened after her braces were removed. Those spots are due to less than perfect hygiene while the braces are on the teeth.

https://saddlecreekortho.com/do-orth...pots-on-teeth/
Sorry suzy, but I believe you are incorrect. According to this link, quote:

Dental fluorosis is caused by consuming too much fluoride over the period of time when teeth are forming but before they appear in the mouth. This takes place before 8 years of age. To avoid this possibility, supervise brushing so that children do not use too much toothpaste, mouthwash, or mouthrinse and learn to spit, not swallow.

This is from American Academy of Pediatrics

https://ilikemyteeth.org/what-is-fluorosis/

Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Interesting article, thanks, SusyQ.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

Dental fluorosis is caused by consuming too much fluoride over the period of time when teeth are forming but before they appear in the mouth. This takes place before 8 years of age. To avoid this possibility, supervise brushing so that children do not use too much toothpaste, mouthwash, or mouthrinse and learn to spit, not swallow.

And no one knows for sure how much of this mild to advanced fluorosis happens the longer one is ingesting fluorides and this stuff has been added to our public waters and foods since the 40's....

And then what is it doing to our joints and organs. I no longer drink it if I can help it but was raised on it in the East where fluoridation was first introduced.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:40 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,975,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

That is exactly what suzy said, "Unless her teeth were somehow treated before they erupted through the gums..."

What suzy said is exactly what your quote from the AAP is explaining. I don't think you understand how teeth are formed. Suzy is correct.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:28 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,261 times
Quote:
Calcium fluoride was NOT mentioned before and yes it comes off the rocks etc...but there is the naturally occurring rain water and well water.

No I don't drink much tea but I understand tea leaves are high in fluoride. I'd have to read up on that as to which fluoride but I don't drink much...a green tea now and then.
You still do not understand the term "naturally occurring". Calcium fluoride is ALWAYS the mineral that is naturally occurring. With any sort of spring or natural source of water there will always be trace amounts of calcium fluoride, as in well water.

Rainwater is very, very low in trace minerals. They do not occur naturally in rainwater but are atmospheric transference. In fact, for people wishing to not have fluoride exposure from municipal water systems, they often have rain water barrels for that sole purpose. Fluoride in rainwater is most common in densely agricutltual areas.

I don't think you are willfully misrepresenting what you've read or researched. I think your understanding and application of terminology is faulty.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
That is exactly what suzy said, "Unless her teeth were somehow treated before they erupted through the gums..."

What suzy said is exactly what your quote from the AAP is explaining. I don't think you understand how teeth are formed. Suzy is correct.
I think what GypsyChic may not realize is that those AAP instructions for toothbrushing to avoid excess exposure to flouride are for young children whose permanent, or adult teeth, have not yet erupted. That is, for children who still have their baby teeth.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
You still do not understand the term "naturally occurring". Calcium fluoride is ALWAYS the mineral that is naturally occurring. With any sort of spring or natural source of water there will always be trace amounts of calcium fluoride, as in well water.

Rainwater is very, very low in trace minerals. They do not occur naturally in rainwater but are atmospheric transference. In fact, for people wishing to not have fluoride exposure from municipal water systems, they often have rain water barrels for that sole purpose. Fluoride in rainwater is most common in densely agricutltual areas.

I don't think you are willfully misrepresenting what you've read or researched. I think your understanding and application of terminology is faulty.
I understand it all. Check my LONG fluoride battle thread in the Daily Journal section. I've been in the fight for years...yes I know what is naturally occurring and the stuff in bags from China is NOT, it's from waste products in alum and other industries. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health