Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So if teeth are formed in the mothers womb due to her consuming fluoride I'd have the greatest teeth, but that was not my life. My mother didn't drink naturally occurring water when she was carrying me me about 80 yrs. ago.

My grandgirl and so did my daughter have good teeth but meds messed up my daughter's teeth as she got messed up with pharma drugs. Another issue.

My daughter avoided fluoride when she was carrying her children.

Based on your numerous posts, I have concluded the following...

Your parents screwed up their teeth from poor diet and hygiene. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

You screwed up your teeth from a combination of poor diet and hygiene (to be fair, you have owned up to that fact - good for you). Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

Your daughter screwed up her teeth from what sounds like Rx drug abuse. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

Your granddaughter screwed up her teeth by having poor oral hygiene during braces. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

The common theme here is that the history of dental problems in your family are due to personal choices, not systemic or environmental ones beyond their control. Yet, you would have unsuspecting readers believe this is all due to the effects of fluoride.

As I have said before, you are entitled to your opinions (read: not facts) on fluoride and the like. We all disagree on certain topics - that is the nature of debate. Debate is a two-way street, however. With you, it is one-way. When presented with facts or scientific evidence that refutes your opinions, you simply brush them off and make comments suggesting that people who disagree with your opinions are "sheeple" or have a financial interest in any area that does not coincide with your beliefs. You then pass of your opinions (read: not facts) as facts and dispel reckless and dangerous (in my opinion as a health professional) to unsuspecting readers looking for legitimate advice.

Will all of this fall on deaf ears? Probably. My hope is that other readers will read this and learn to take your opinions (read: not facts) with a grain of salt (or fluoride in this case).

Old 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post

Your parents screwed up their teeth from poor diet and hygiene. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

You screwed up your teeth from a combination of poor diet and hygiene (to be fair, you have owned up to that fact - good for you). Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

Your daughter screwed up her teeth from what sounds like Rx drug abuse. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

Your granddaughter screwed up her teeth by having poor oral hygiene during braces. Fluoride or lack of fluoride had nothing to do with it.

The common theme here is that the history of dental problems in your family are due to personal choices, not systemic or environmental ones beyond their control. Yet, you would have unsuspecting readers believe this is all due to the effects of fluoride.

As I have said before, you are entitled to your opinions (read: not facts) on fluoride and the like. We all disagree on certain topics - that is the nature of debate. Debate is a two-way street, however. With you, it is one-way. When presented with facts or scientific evidence that refutes your opinions, you simply brush them off and make comments suggesting that people who disagree with your opinions are "sheeple" or have a financial interest in any area that does not coincide with your beliefs. You then pass of your opinions (read: not facts) as facts and dispel reckless and dangerous (in my opinion as a health professional) to unsuspecting readers looking for legitimate advice.

Will all of this fall on deaf ears? Probably. My hope is that other readers will read this and learn to take your opinions (read: not facts) with a grain of salt (or fluoride in this case).
I really don't need a diagnosis on my life from you or anyone else, dentist Bart.

We would not want anyone to take care of their dental hygeine and save their money vs paying docs/dentists.

It gets more laughable and clear as the dentists continue their march.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:13 PM

689 posts, read 973,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No matter how many letters that author puts after his name, he does not understand basic chemistry.

There is no hexafluorosilicic acid in the drinking water. The hexafluorosilicic acid molecule comes apart during the fluoridation process. That is how the fluoride ion is released into the water. The remainder of the molecule which contains silica, produces a compound which is naturally present in drinking water and is not toxic: sand.

https://openparachute.wordpress.com/...ride-toxicity/

https://www.fluoridesandhealth.ie/do...t_May_2012.pdf

"The reaction is essentially complete within about 12 minutes even in worst case scenarios, but with calcium present in the water it is likely to be complete in less than 2 minutes. The products of the reaction are hydrogen ions (which are removed through a process called buffering), silica (sand) and fluoride ions.

The contact time (the time between adding material to water and this substance reaching the first consumer) in water is considerably more than 12 minutes for HFSA. Treated water is typically held for a number of hours before being released for consumption, although in most plants it may be held for more than a day. Thus, the consumer is presented at the tap with fluoride, not with HFSA or other fluorosilicates. The toxicology of HFSA is clearly not an issue of concern for the consumer as they do not come into contact with it."
Suzy, one of your links is from Ireland and the other from New Zealand. Reaching are we? Couldn't find any more local data to support your claims??

Old 07-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:

Wait - now we're conducting armchair diagnostics on a CD poster's dental health and hygiene and re-interpreting her personal narrative? Wow - someone needs a new hobby...

Old 07-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Layla, both Ireland and New Zealand are heavily into artifically fluoridation programs. And the U.S. of course. One can find all the data on the countries of the world that have "F" programs.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:07 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Suzy, one of your links is from Ireland and the other from New Zealand. Reaching are we? Couldn't find any more local data to support your claims??
Jamin gave a link to something written by Declan Waugh, who is Irish and obviously not a chemist.

Fluoride is the same in Ireland and New Zealand as it is in the good ole USA. The chemistry is exactly the same. I am not making claims, I am describing chemistry, which is what it is whether you believe in it or not.

Quote:
Wait - now we're conducting armchair diagnostics on a CD poster's dental health and hygiene and re-interpreting her personal narrative? Wow - someone needs a new hobby...
He just summarized what the poster has said herself. If what he posted is not true when he says it, you are implying that it was not true when the person he responded to said it.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:
I really don't need a diagnosis on my life from you or anyone else, dentist Bart. Fair enough. I'm just trying to make sense of all this contradictory information, since you are such a strong proponent of the belief that fluoride ruins teeth yet you have willfully given so many details of yours and your family's dental health that are completely unrelated to fluoride use.

We would not want anyone to take care of their dental hygeine and save their money vs paying docs/dentists. This statement makes no sense. Who is "we"? Dentists? Are you saying dentists don't want people to take care of their hygiene in order to make more money off of them? Is so, then 1) You have proven my point about financial accusations from the previous post and 2) Thousands of dentists in this country, including me, have advocated for early detection and prevention/early intervention using approved, scientifically-backed methods so that our patients' dental health does not worsen and become more expensive to fix. Just a few days ago I post in these forums how a patient could have saved close to $4000 if he had listened to me. You responded to that post, if I remember correctly.

It gets more laughable and clear as the dentists continue their march. March toward what? This statement again proves my point earlier and shows that when faced contradictory evidence refuting your claims, you fall back on your standard defense mechanism of conspiracy theories and false propaganda.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Layla, both Ireland and New Zealand are heavily into artifically fluoridation programs. And the U.S. of course. One can find all the data on the countries of the world that have "F" programs.
I spent time in Dublin last year. What a great city - and they have a strong natural/alternative health community there. They pushed back and won a moratorium on added fluoride in 2014. Too bad they had to succumb (for now)...

Regarding New Zealand, some of the cities are still resisting, but who knows for how long.

Approx 2% of Continental Europe fluoridates water. 98% of the regions do not.
European countries who have completely rejected water fluoridation include – Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland & Italy and probably more.

Thank goodness, my California city does not fluoridate nor do most of the cities in the county.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
March toward being beholden to doctors/dentists to keep oneself healthy. We need to be in charge of our health in all areas as much as possible. Or live at more medical offices.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I spent time in Dublin last year. What a great city - and they have a strong natural/alternative health community there. They pushed back and won a moratorium on added fluoride in 2014. Too bad they had to succumb (for now)...

Regarding New Zealand, some of the cities are still resisting, but who knows for how long.

Approx 2% of Continental Europe fluoridates water. 98% of the regions do not.
European countries who have completely rejected water fluoridation include – Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland & Italy and probably more.

Thank goodness, my California city does not fluoridate nor do most of the cities in the county.
Our city didn't fluoridate until 2008, the "pushers" marched in here and wined and dined the council et al and we fought it for about 3 yrs and the deep pockets got filled enough for the city fathers to succumb.

More bottled water than ever is sold in this part of CA.

The fighters in charge of the battle now worldwide are planning a lawsuit against EPA in Aug 2019. Sure hope they victors.

Hopefully the pushers don't get up your way. j
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health