Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 09:18 PM

2,619 posts, read 1,170,699 times

Advertisements

My Dentist I like so much made the mistake of pushing that needle up to high into my eye. She said it was the nerve that made it feel like it went into my eye. I say BS she went to high. Now I fear her and the needle when I didn't before that time. It is the front top that hurts the most for me. If she didn't go up so damn high I would have gotten all the crowns I was planning on getting to prevent from losing the front teeth. She blew that after hurting me so much.

I looked into being put either to sleep or at least in twilight with another medical dentist but they won't accept Insurance and it is way to expensive to be in twilight for a few minutes with gas or IV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 04:40 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
My Dentist I like so much made the mistake of pushing that needle up to high into my eye. She said it was the nerve that made it feel like it went into my eye. I say BS she went to high. Now I fear her and the needle when I didn't before that time. It is the front top that hurts the most for me. If she didn't go up so damn high I would have gotten all the crowns I was planning on getting to prevent from losing the front teeth. She blew that after hurting me so much.

I looked into being put either to sleep or at least in twilight with another medical dentist but they won't accept Insurance and it is way to expensive to be in twilight for a few minutes with gas or IV.

Shots in the front palate are always the worst, pain-wise. I doubt they went anywhere near your eye.

Old 01-03-2024, 10:54 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Have him get it through his job right now, in case it's still within the open enrollment period where pre-existing conditions don't count.

You're right, there could be other issues.

I had two loose upper teeth several years ago due to abcesses (infections). They got pulled. When a tooth gets pulled and leaves an empty space, the neighbor teeth could get out of alignment.

I elected to have implants. They cost me $8000. That was 7 years ago. I don't regret it. It was very disconcerting feeling the empty spaces with my tongue.

The alternatives: Denture that has to be taken in and out for cleaning or a bridge that connects to the neighbor teeth that could erode the neighbor teeth. Or live with the empty space. Many do.
With dental coverage, there is USUALLY a wait period before certain procedures are covered. Endodontics is a common category of procedures and can vary between 6 months and 18 months. So you would need to have been on that dental plan for at least half a year - up to a year and a half - before your coverage covers the procedure at all.

And dental insurance rarely "covers" those types of procedures; usually they just offer discounted fees as contracted with the provider.

For a tooth extraction, it'd typically be covered at a discount. If it's a simple extraction, then anasthesia other than lidocaine would not be covered at all and the patient would have to pay the full price for nitrous or sedation for that simple extraction.

Old 01-12-2024, 04:10 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post

Hi Staystill, I got your direct message and tried to respond but you aren't receiving messages. Anyway I agree with what you said 100%.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:41 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,629,036 times
I used to be afraid of the dentist, but since I have periodontal disease I have to get my teeth cleaned (periodontal maintenance) every 3 months. What helps me is when I get in the chair I tell myself: Hey you could be having open
heart surgery! Puts things in perspective. In 1972 I was told I'd lose all my teeth, but here we are 52 years later and I didn't!

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

2,619 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Hi Staystill, I got your direct message and tried to respond but you aren't receiving messages. Anyway I agree with what you said 100%.
I'm sorry I just found this now. I have to find out how to allow Direct Message to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health