Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:02 AM

897 posts, read 1,254,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
I believe I've had what a native New Yorker friend of mine declared to be "real NY style pizza", and I'm sorry but I don't get it.
It's ok man nobody's perfect

Jk, it's a personal preference. You can't tell me what I should like any more than I can tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 04:15 PM

39 posts, read 66,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
I can't believe States that boarder Mexico have much better MEXICAN food than Colorado. And as far as water goes that's like me moving to Florida and b***ing that they don't have mountains. Also, there are a TON of really good sushi places- you just have to exit your bland little community and find them.

I'm sure there's other locations besides Denver that would meet all your needs better.

Oh... and people here aren't always as friendly as advertised. Why would I talk about things that Denver doesn't have on a thread that is asking about things Denver doesn't have? Idk
And for the record, I'm sure that I can and will find other locations that meet my needs.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,490,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Yes, we know. We hear it all the time...

Denver's coffee is overpriced and the donuts are terrible, what Denver really needs is a Krispy Kreme/Dunkin Donuts.
The grocery stores are subpar, what the city really needs is a Trader Joes/Ralph's/Fry's, etc.
The burgers here suck, what the city really needs is a In 'n' Out/Whataburger.
The pizza is horrible, what the city needs is someone who knows how to make authentic NY/Chicago style pizza.
The Mexican food is bad, you need more Mexican places like those in California/Arizona/Texas.

Fine. I get it. I don't know why I could possibly like all the "bad" things that are here.

Everyone wants Denver to add new chains, then writes posts about how they despise them and want to live in an area with mom and pop stores and restaurants.

Denver is what it is. Be happy for what we have, not for what we don't have. All those things in other cities that you miss now are a lot like Twinkies. You don't eat them often, but you can't imagine a world without them.
I keep thinking this as well....I get liking things from wherever it is you used to live but when all of these things become chains and go everywhere, it just contributes to the "blandness" of everywhere. Used to be, one of the nice things about visiting other places (or returning to visit where you came from) was to enjoy the stuff you don't get here (whether it's Denver or anywhere else).

Are there things that Denver lacks? Of course. But sometimes the lacking of some things is what makes a place unique - and not necessarily bad, just different. I miss more natural water (both rain and lakes etc), better soil for planting and the "lushness" of the midwest. I do not miss the humidity, mosquitos and other creepy critters that come along with that stuff. I enjoyed visiting Steak-n-Shake when visiting family in the midwest, now, it's here so when we go back, it's just more of the same. Yawn. The shopping there looks just like the shopping here. I just don't necessarily think that's progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver