Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times

Advertisements

After workout AM snack: Banana and a handful of pine nuts

Breakfast: A little bit of tha leftover whole grain spaghetti and ground chicken from last night.

Lunch: 3oz chunk light albacore tuna mixed with 6oz kidney beans and 6oz corn, tablespoon mayo, teaspoon spicy horseradish with beets sauce and two slices of whole grain bread.

Snack: Some pinenuts and a blood orange from my yard.

Dinner: Dont know yet. Hope the wife prepares something good.

Snack: stove popped popcorn with olive oil, garlic powder and paremesean cheese.

After workout session tonight: 8oz of Protein drink with WHOLE milk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 08:45 AM

17,362 posts, read 16,505,917 times
Breakfast:
vanilla yogurt mixed with high fiber cereal
nectarine

lunch:
Lean Cuisine beef tips and broccoli

snack:
baby carrots

dinner:
cornish game hen, herbed spaghetti squash, salad
3 squares dark chocolate

Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM

425 posts, read 1,257,031 times
LaoTzuMindFu: How do you make this? Do you put it all in a pan and then pop, or do you add everything, (melted), after the popcorn has finished popping?

"Snack: stove popped popcorn with olive oil, garlic powder and paremesean cheese".

Thanks for sharing - It sound delightful!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
It's Sunday!

We are heading to the NHL All-Star game today and I know I will be a little naughty there. I plan on getting a chicken philly at the game and some sugar coated roasted almonds...YUM!

I will be guzzling the water also since I have a surgery tomorrow and need to be hydrated. I figure tomorrow I'll have a calorie deficit so I'm not too worried about my food choices today, even if they aren't the healthiest.

Breakfast:
the last of the quinoa that I made the other day
coffee with cinnamon and a little half and half

Lunch: (light lunch since I'll be stuffing my face this evening)
Garden salad
Apple

Dinner:
Chicken Philly and roasted almonds

Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,609 times
I already had breakfast which was the following:

1 low carb wheat tortilla
2 tablespoons of red pepper hummus (can you tell I like this stuff!!!)
spring mix
Ralph's carbmaster yogurt
1 banana
1 cup of fat free hot chocolate.

I made a wrap with the hummus and spring mix...somehow I am addicted to hummus!!

Lunch:
I have to work today so I am probably going to swing by Panda Express and eat steamed veggies instead of the rice and two servings of string bean chicken breast

Dinner:
I made baked tilapia last night and I will have that with some leftover brown rice and a salad.

Snacks today will be apples.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,173,907 times
Breakfast:

1 hard boiled egg (says "certified organic by Oregon Tilth", whatever that is)
1 bowl of cereal (mix of cheerios and chex & some honey..1 cup of cereal, 1/2 cup of skim milk)

1 navel orange
half a slice of silesean rye bread with camenbert
half a slice of same with butter and jelly

2 oatmeal cookies.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:49 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,200 times
Immediately upon waking: my morning silver drink ritual {don't ask cos I don't want a debate on it, it's just what I've been doing for several years}.

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast and marmalade, cup of coffee - milk no sugar.

Morning snack: another cup of coffee.

Lunch: sandwich or two, consisting of vegemite, cheese, tomato relish, home grown cucumber {while they're still growing} and ground black pepper. Another coffee.

Afternoon snack: another coffee.

Tea: tonite had stew with diced beef. Another coffee.
Sweets {or desert}: ice cream on top of home grown nectarines {while in season}.

Until bedtime...probly another one or two coffees, or if I've had enough coffee I may have a Rooibos tea or two - milk no sugar.

And I'm not into low fat, salt reduced, or skim whatever <grin>.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
Had an outpatient surgery this morning so didn't have anything to eat until lunchtime.

I'm at the mercy of my husbands cooking....he's not a bad cook by any means, just does things differently than I do.

1st meal (12:30)
2 palm-sized pancakes with light syrup (ate half of them)
scrambled eggs (seemed to be about 2 eggs, I ate 3/4 of them)
toast with butter on it (one slice)
coffee and with a little half and half and sugar
bottle of water

Not the best meal nutrition wise but I haven't eaten anything since 6pm Sunday evening so at least the calories won't kill me..but lots o' carbs! I wasn't too with-it otherwise I would have requested something different. Who knows, maybe I asked for eggs and pancakes?? Versed will do that to you...LOL

As for the rest of the day, I'm pretty much done eating. Maybe I'll feel hungry later but resting and dozing sound good now.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,725 times
Breakfast: Greek yogurt with cinnamon & walnuts and coffee with soymillk.

Plyometrics leg workout for 30 minutes & ran 3 miles

After workout: Oatmel w/pumpkin & high protein peanut butter

Lunch: Healthy high protein bagel with vegan turkey and sprouts

Snack: Tuna on white cheddar rice cake

Dinner:Salad and
Kale, white bean, tomato and vegan chicken stew

Snack: Probably some hot chocolate before bed and maybe something else

Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,386,345 times
Here's what GB surgery will get you... Got up at 6:45 AM and it's currently 4:30 PM and so far I've drank one small can of reduced sodium V8 and a 20 oz. bottle of water with Special K2O (protein) , had a 6" meatball Subway, and a tiny piece of cake from a promotion ceremony. Still feel like I ate half a cow after the sub, which took about 5 hours to completely eat (minus some of the parts I threw away because they didn't taste good today).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss