Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie View Post
ever since I decided to lose weight I cut out meat all togetter. Meat is getting more and more expensve so I decided to avoid it. I don't eat eggs. I do snack on peanuts, fruits, crackers, and veggies only. I do measure the serving size and eat accordingly. I don't think that I am overeating.

For breakfast usually have cheerios or smart start cereal.I want to try oatmeal and honey bunches of oats brand cereal. Most of the time breakfast is skipped. The less calories I consume the better right?

Lunch is always a salad, romaine or iceburg with ranch or vinaigrette.

Dinner is always either spaghetti, brown rice, chlli, or healthy tv dinners.

And lastly, snacks are fresh fruit, veggies like celery and carrots, or peanuts. The only cooking oil I use is extra virgin olive oil.
You're living off JUNK FOOD......that is why you are not getting any results.

Sugar, sugar.....more sugar.

Try some chicken, eggs, walnuts, salmon.

Meat can be found at a great price, you just have to know how to be a smart shopper. I regularly find whole chickens for 3 bucks....that is 2 meals for me....probably more for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times
I eat everything including bad junk food and I manage to maintain my weight. But losing weight is hard and takes a LOT of exercise + some dieting.

I heard that it would be good to combine cardio with some weightlifting. They did a study somewhere and candidates who did that lost more weight than those that just did cardio.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
With weight watchers I eat at least 2 fruits and 2 veggies a day, 2 proteins and 2 carbs a day some days I may have moe than 2 carbs because I like granola bars. and drink at least Three 32 oz mugs of water, I recently cut back on diet soda and have not had any since last thursday. I make sure I have at least 2 tsp of healthy oils a day. (highly recommended by WW) I have one of those olive oil misters and use it everynight when preparing dinner. I stopped eating those Lean cusine meals because they are loaded with salt and preservatives. My typical menu for 1 day: but I vary it day by day. Except for the breakfast part stays the same Sunday to friday and saturday I have something different.

I make it into a parfait for breakfast

1 dannon light rapsberry yogurt
1/3 cup honey bunches of oats with almonds cereal
1 bananna cut up
1 cup cofee with 1% milk

Lunch:
1/3 cup tuna salad (i make my own)
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 slices tomato
piece of fruit
water

Dinner:
Meats: chicken, fish, or turkey, eat red meat once a month
2 vegetables
1 starch- whole wheat or whole grain pasta, brown or basmati rice, sweet or regualr baked potato, I'll have one of these at dinner
Water

Snacks:
Fruit
Special K Granola bar
Special K cracker chips
raw carrot sticks
sugar free jello pudding cup
K0zy shack no sugar added rice pudding cup
FF popcorn
No sugar added Low fat Ice cream, I like edy's brand

I know the above snacks have carbs and I don't eat those everyday but they are part of my WW plan and are always on hand. My breakfast may seem boring but It's helping me loose weight and I used to eat toast or bagels every morning before joining WW. It keeps me full until noon time and I eat my breakfast at 7 am every day. I fill up with alot of water during the day which is recent for me, Usually I would drink maybe 2 glasses of water and 3 cans diet soda , not anymore diet soda was replaced with water but on weekends I may have 1 can with dinner. Some people need to cut carbs completely in order to loose weight or eat less carbs than what I eat. I have to have at least 1 carb at all 3 meals but not necessarily as my snack.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
With weight watchers I eat at least 2 fruits and 2 veggies a day, 2 proteins and 2 carbs a day some days I may have moe than 2 carbs because I like granola bars. and drink at least Three 32 oz mugs of water, I recently cut back on diet soda and have not had any since last thursday. I make sure I have at least 2 tsp of healthy oils a day. (highly recommended by WW) I have one of those olive oil misters and use it everynight when preparing dinner. I stopped eating those Lean cusine meals because they are loaded with salt and preservatives. My typical menu for 1 day: but I vary it day by day. Except for the breakfast part stays the same Sunday to friday and saturday I have something different.

I make it into a parfait for breakfast

1 dannon light rapsberry yogurt
1/3 cup honey bunches of oats with almonds cereal
1 bananna cut up
1 cup cofee with 1% milk

Lunch:
1/3 cup tuna salad (i make my own)
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 slices tomato
piece of fruit
water

Dinner:
Meats: chicken, fish, or turkey, eat red meat once a month
2 vegetables
1 starch- whole wheat or whole grain pasta, brown or basmati rice, sweet or regualr baked potato, I'll have one of these at dinner
Water

Snacks:
Fruit
Special K Granola bar
Special K cracker chips
raw carrot sticks
sugar free jello pudding cup
K0zy shack no sugar added rice pudding cup
FF popcorn
No sugar added Low fat Ice cream, I like edy's brand

I know the above snacks have carbs and I don't eat those everyday but they are part of my WW plan and are always on hand. My breakfast may seem boring but It's helping me loose weight and I used to eat toast or bagels every morning before joining WW. It keeps me full until noon time and I eat my breakfast at 7 am every day. I fill up with alot of water during the day which is recent for me, Usually I would drink maybe 2 glasses of water and 3 cans diet soda , not anymore diet soda was replaced with water but on weekends I may have 1 can with dinner. Some people need to cut carbs completely in order to loose weight or eat less carbs than what I eat. I have to have at least 1 carb at all 3 meals but not necessarily as my snack.
hey lubby, its not really all about carbs, its that the original OP 's diet was nothing BUT carbs. There is a difference. The rule of thumb is if your eating carbs try to eat it with alittle protien. So if your having lets say a fruit add nut or cottage cheese or protien. If your having oatmeal throw in a scoop of whey. If your eating pasta, throw in meat , if your eating apples have some peanut or almond butter. However your diet looks fine. Its really about balance for most people. Keep up the good work!! And by the way I am not an expert by no means! I think your plan looks really great! Is it working? Have you lost weight? How are you doing on it?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
hey lubby, its not really all about carbs, its that the original OP 's diet was nothing BUT carbs. There is a difference. The rule of thumb is if your eating carbs try to eat it with alittle protien. So if your having lets say a fruit add nut or cottage cheese or protien. If your having oatmeal throw in a scoop of whey. If your eating pasta, throw in meat , if your eating apples have some peanut or almond butter. However your diet looks fine. Its really about balance for most people. Keep up the good work!! And by the way I am not an expert by no means! I think your plan looks really great! Is it working? Have you lost weight? How are you doing on it?
45 lbs so far and it's working. I love WW! have another 30 to go.I used to be like the OP eating lots of carbs with very little proteins. I think we were all carb junkies at some point in our lives. I just can't give them up completely like some other weight loss programs tell you to do. You need a well balanced meal everyday.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,897 times
Quote:
45 lbs so far and it's working. I love WW! have another 30 to go.I used to be like the OP eating lots of carbs with very little proteins. I think we were all carb junkies at some point in our lives. I just can't give them up completely like some other weight loss programs tell you to do. You need a well balanced meal everyday.
thats GREAT, 45 lbs is terrific. I am honestlly thrilled. You got this down!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thats GREAT, 45 lbs is terrific. I am honestlly thrilled. You got this down!
Me too. Been batteling weight all my life. Once I reach my goal I will be 147 lbs. then I just have to learn to keep it off. I have gotten to a goal in the past with weight watchers but never stuck to it once I got to goal,this time I will. I feel better, look better and have more energy to do things and I love the beach so I can't wait for summer.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Me too. Been batteling weight all my life. Once I reach my goal I will be 147 lbs. then I just have to learn to keep it off. I have gotten to a goal in the past with weight watchers but never stuck to it once I got to goal,this time I will. I feel better, look better and have more energy to do things and I love the beach so I can't wait for summer.

That's wonderful!! You should be very proud of yourself...you did this all on your own and yes, you can keep it off!! Just follow the weight watchers lifestyle ( notice I didn't say diet ) and you'll do great!!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM

6 posts, read 15,789 times
Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice.I typically go grocery shopping during the weekend and will pick up the food items mentioned. The meatball recipe was especially thoughtful. Definitely going to give that a try.

For my cardio I switch things up. Treadmill one day, elliptical and jump rope the other day. I never do resistance training because I have always felt that it wasn't for me. But I am more than willing to give it a try.I go to the gym regularly and will try out the equipment there.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
That's wonderful!! You should be very proud of yourself...you did this all on your own and yes, you can keep it off!! Just follow the weight watchers lifestyle ( notice I didn't say diet ) and you'll do great!!
Thanks alot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss