Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie View Post
Thanks I have never kept up with a food journal wont remember all that I eat. Today I had Cheerios for Breakfast, an apple for an snack, a salad for lunch with ranch, and spaghetti for dinner. I only drink fruit juice and water. I don't like having snacks as I tend to go over board. I usually skip breakfast there is just not much time for breakfast unless I stop and get something.

What strength training exercise do you recommend? I would think 45mins of exercise was adequate for weight loss. Should I go for a full hour?
Well, I would cut out the wheat intake and supplement rice chex for cereal or corn pasta instead of wheat. I cut out all of my wheat intake and have lost 30pounds over a few years just by doing that without that much exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie View Post
ever since I decided to lose weight I cut out meat all togetter. Meat is getting more and more expensve so I decided to avoid it. I don't eat eggs. I do snack on peanuts, fruits, crackers, and veggies only. I do measure the serving size and eat accordingly. I don't think that I am overeating.

For breakfast usually have cheerios or smart start cereal.I want to try oatmeal and honey bunches of oats brand cereal. Most of the time breakfast is skipped. The less calories I consume the better right?

Lunch is always a salad, romaine or iceburg with ranch or vinaigrette.

Dinner is always either spaghetti, brown rice, chlli, or healthy tv dinners.

And lastly, snacks are fresh fruit, veggies like celery and carrots, or peanuts. The only cooking oil I use is extra virgin olive oil.
Cut out the crackers and switch the spaghetti to rice or corn based. Prices for the corn or rice spaghetti are only a little higher. Read the book "Wheat Belly." Many people have weight retention issues just from the consumption of wheat, and the fact that it isn't the same grain compared to decades ago. The "whole grain" media blitz advertising campaign is nonsense.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,173,907 times
Quote:
Instead, go for regular oats, or steel-milled oats, or even "quick-oats". My preference is a combination of quick and regular. Quick oats are regular oats, that have been milled a little finer so they mix more readily with water. Steel milled oats are more textured than regular oats, and I already have my oatmeal lumpy so more texture would be overkill.

Instead of adding sugar, add -brown- sugar (dark brown), or maple syrup (the real deal), or even honey.
Yeah, good ideas on Oatmeal. I use the "quick oats", but what I do is mix stuff in with them. The "stuff" is :

a) cinammon, b)allspice, or cloves, or ginger, c) vanilla extract (real extract), d) real maple syrup or honey...

.and...most important...some fresh berries. Say a cup or half-cup. Blueberries, blackberries or cut-up strawberries. Or you can mix them.

So you get a good mix of flavor and some fruits with the oatmeal so it doesn't taste so bland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss