Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 09:18 AM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
What happened to the desperate need to loose weight?
I'm occasionally eating on the road and treat myself. But keep poking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 02:17 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
What happened to the desperate need to loose weight?
Desperate in an "I don't really need to lose weight, but I do want to lose weight, but since I don't need to, I'm not going to actually try all that hard and just hope that it melts off like some magick melty-thing, and then tell everyone how hard I'm trying to no avail when in fact I'm porking out on Wendy's bacon burgers and fries" kind of way.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:18 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I have not too much of a problem with conversations but clothes. A short summer dress turns into an extra long t-shirt when I am in it. Occasionally I luck out at Kohl's of all places with PJs whose pants are not flood level.
Mumsy had four sisters who made it to adulthood. She got all the height. So did her mother.
Both of us cook. Both of us enjoy wine. At a US 16 some consider me obese. It has not changed in 20 years. My blood work is too good to be true and I am comfortable in my skin. Going to a new physician just because it is time always brings up the question - what medication are you on. Biotin is it. Merlot is good for my nerves:>)

I just started biotin because my hair is thinning. I always had very thick hair and I am noticing a difference. It started when I was caregiving for my dying bf. Read that stress can cause hair to thin, and biotin helps. We'll see.

Yes, clothes are a pain. Old Navy sells tall. 16 also.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:29 PM

24,473 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just started biotin because my hair is thinning. I always had very thick hair and I am noticing a difference. It started when I was caregiving for my dying bf. Read that stress can cause hair to thin, and biotin helps. We'll see.

Yes, clothes are a pain. Old Navy sells tall. 16 also.
Please get your thyroid and hormones checked. Yes, I am repeating myself. I went basically nuts after SO was almost back on his feet after surgery, was part of a major not to be seen on media lay off and and and. It piled up. My hair fell out in clumps. I screamed at the doctor's office. This is not me. Stress! It took 45 minutes to brush my hair out after washing it. Heavy duty moisture products and additional vitamins have made a big difference. Wash, brush, dry. The expected 20-30 hairs per day are in the brush. You have to give it time. Three months.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:40 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
The American Academy of Dermatology note that it is normal for a person to lose about 50–100 hairs each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss