Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 03:24 PM

11 posts, read 10,103 times

Advertisements

I hope this finds you well. I wanted to reach out and ask for some advice or insight regarding a concern I've been having recently.

Since the start of the COVID pandemic, I've noticed that I've gained quite a bit of weight. It's been quite challenging for me to maintain a healthy lifestyle during these times, and I've found it increasingly difficult to manage my weight. In fact, it seems like I'm gaining weight at a faster rate now than ever before.

I was wondering if you have any knowledge or experience in this area. Do you think the weight gain will eventually slow down or even stop altogether? I've been feeling a bit discouraged, so any information or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Take care and stay safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 03:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Very good topic and welcome here. Your age and gender will prob help others respond better, I bet.

Old 10-02-2023, 03:37 PM

OOPs sorry that would help
female

Old 10-02-2023, 03:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Any hormonal problems?

Old 10-02-2023, 03:56 PM

hormonal problems

love to blame it but no.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:49 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Have you ever heard of the Freshman 15? When students go to college they often gain weight at first due to multiple reasons: Different food, not as active, drinking alcohol? I've heard of the Covid 15 too but I think it's because people are not as active as they were pre-covid.

In my experience, I used to travel and work away from home for about 45 weeks a year and I was more active, running through airports, on my feet training clients all day long, in hotels with no pantry/refrigerator so I had less to eat. When covid hit, my job became remote so I was less active and I gained some weight sitting in front of a computer at home. I have since retired (yay) and joined a gym and that is helping with the extra weight.

So long story short --- are you less active now? Are you exercising? Are you working remotely and eating more/snacking more since covid began? Don't wait until you are my age to lose the weight, it's so much harder to do than when I was 35!

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2023, 12:02 AM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
I gained the "Covid 19" in 2020 because of eating too much comfort food. But I made changes, and lost the weight, AND several more pounds.

Your best bet to lose it is to change the way you're eating.

Quit blaming Covid, it's your fork that's done the damage.

Old 10-03-2023, 01:51 AM

I've been less active these days and have been working from home a lot. The convenience of having snacks readily available, coupled with the comfort of stretchy clothing, has definitely made it easier for me to indulge in snacking

I used to think that exercise was a breeze, but now I find that even light exercise can be quite challenging. It's been a wake-up call for me. love to get back to me pre covid weight

Old 10-03-2023, 12:19 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkuk View Post
the comfort of stretchy clothing, has definitely made it easier for me to indulge in snacking
Buy/wear clothes with no elastic. Hard to do because elastic is everywhere but really important not to be too comfortable. Non-elastic clothes tell you when you are too large for them, elastic clothes don't.

Walking, out of the house where the food is, has been really helpful for me. So get out as much as possible.
When I buy something I know I will eat too much of, like cookies, I'll give them to my husband to keep in his office. I never go looking for them, sometimes forget they are in the house. He's not overweight so I'm not hurting him lol.

Good luck

Old 10-03-2023, 12:45 PM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times
When things started getting better with Covid I noticed more and more of my neighbors (apt building) coming out and almost all of them had gained weight and not small amounts, like 20-30lbs. I haven't seen any who have lost it though. I did gain about 12lbs myself but was able to get rid of it. But it takes work and I'm older, so it doesn't fall off easily like when I was younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss