Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,350,841 times

Advertisements

"• 69 percent believe community business leaders do what is right for the state only “some of the time” or “never.”

• 71 percent, 77 percent and 77 percent say the same thing about their local, state and federal government leaders, respectively."

WOWThis is pretty damning eveidence that there is something very wrong in the state of Florida.
As I said all along BY the people for the people, NOT by the government for the government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM

964 posts, read 2,065,008 times
As we have replied back to you repeatedly, the same could be said for any other of the 49 states. FL is not a special ground zero for economic and political turmoil in 2011. It just happens to be sunnier and warmer place to wait it through.

Hello for Yokoooooo - even down to the bolded quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
"• 69 percent believe community business leaders do what is right for the state only “some of the time” or “never.”

• 71 percent, 77 percent and 77 percent say the same thing about their local, state and federal government leaders, respectively."

WOWThis is pretty damning eveidence that there is something very wrong in the state of Florida.
As I said all along BY the people for the people, NOT by the government for the government

Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,000,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
"In all, 63 percent of respondents said the state is worse off than five years ago, while 65 percent said things will stay the same or get worse in the coming five years."

(Insert sarcasm here) I am personally SOOOO much better off now than I was 5 years ago when the value of my home made me feel like a half-millionaire, artificially. OF COURSE PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE WORSE OFF NOW.

And how does it make no sense that the quantity of snowbirds may be lower than last year or the year before, but they are spending more? Have you never heard of "quality over quantity?" It's a nifty theory.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
As we have replied back to you repeatedly, the same could be said for any other of the 49 states. FL is not a special ground zero for economic and political turmoil in 2011. It just happens to be sunnier and warmer place to wait it through.

Hello for Yokoooooo - even down to the bolded quotes.
NicetrybutNO

Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 AM

I though it is high time to comment on the individuals that make disparaging remarks about the posters that use the various functions provided by the website, as in bold, [i]italic[/I ], underline, color, and so on.
This is an other one of those things, these individuals look down their noses at other posters because they use the functions that are provided and clearly meant to be used.
This makes absolutely no sense, if the website folks didn't want them used they would not make them available in the first place, this is abundantly clear to me and many others. But there always remains that fringe group that thinks there is something wrong with using all the tools at your disposal. Tis a mystery to me.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:38 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,935 times

I guess a lot more people are spending more and more... and businesses are preparing for the fact as inventory rises...

"Consumers bought more from retailers for a seventh straight month in January. The gains came despite snowstorms that limited spending from workers with more money in their paychecks from a Social Security tax cut.

Read more: Businesses and consumers give economy boost

Hmm... and this is NATIONAL NEWS

fwiw.... just because its given to you - don't mean you have to use it every time.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times
Folks,
Get back on topic.
The topic is Snowbirds.
It is NOT the economy, or Florida is a ground zero, toxic, economic hell, etc.... There are already a plethora of other threads with that theme.

Frank

Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,028 posts, read 6,545,870 times
They're here.......

I think we can safely change the title of this thread to "The Snowbirds are Here!". I went to the beach before noon and the parking garage was filled and the beach was packed. The is the first time I have experienced that, especially on a weekday. Also the pools in my complex are crowded (North Naples).

As we say at the Jersey Shore, "The Bennies have arrived."

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 PM

964 posts, read 2,065,008 times
In South Jersey, they are called "Shoobies"!

Shoobie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
They're here.......

I think we can safely change the title of this thread to "The Snowbirds are Here!". I went to the beach before noon and the parking garage was filled and the beach was packed. The is the first time I have experienced that, especially on a weekday. Also the pools in my complex are crowded (North Naples).

As we say at the Jersey Shore, "The Bennies have arrived."

Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 PM

616 posts, read 1,564,935 times
Here you can check out how many people are on a part of the FMB

Beachcam | DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa | Fort Myers Beach Florida

or from the Pierside Grill (right next the pier) -

Fort Myers Beach Pier Web Cam - Fort Myers Beach Restaurant and Bar - Pierside Grill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area