Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
and in fact, i figured that any drug runners that tried to ship their drugs to the west side of florida would almost certainly ground and bust up their boats on the coral reefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Lonelychicagoan, are you living under a rock or something? Drug runners don't use boats to ship their drugs in from South America. They use AIRPLANES! Airplanes have always been the sole method of drug smuggling since before the Dadeland Mall Massacre. They fly right into Page Field and unload their drugs right on the tarmac. Or they dump their drugs in the Everglades next to highways to be picked up by drug smugglers via automobile. When drug runners and users want drugs, they want them NOW! And for them, even a boat going 70 mph is moving like a sleepy turtle. They want them flown in at 250 to 500 mph. And they know that, at a mile or higher above the ocean, an airplane has no chance of ever grounding on a coral reef; the only thing that can stop drugs in an airplane is either a surface-to-air missile site or a military plane dispatched to shoot the drug plane down.

Drug smugglers also use what are known as drug mules. Mules are people that swallow latex balloons filled with cocaine, heroin, etc and use their gastrointestinal tract as a vehicle to transport the drugs. Upon arrival, the mules pass the balloons and the drugs in their feces.
Typical response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 01:15 AM

5 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
basically, it was the crime rate per 100,000 people that i used. i mean, true, in 2004, fort myers reported 15 murders while chicago reported 449 murders, but the thing is, fort myers is between 50 and 60 thousand people while chicago is 2.8 million. to be honest, i figured that 90 percent of florida's crime was in miami, and in fact, the only other place that was shown to be worse than fort myers is opa locka. i mean, i thought southwest florida was quiet and peaceful, and shielded from drug runners by the coral reefs in the keys. as far as i know, anyone who tries to smuggle drugs to southwest florida would end up busting up and sinking their boats on the coral reefs and losing all of their drugs to the bottom of the florida straits.
Drug smugglers don't use boats to ship their drugs in from Colombia and Venezuela. They use AIRPLANES! They have always used airplanes to ship their drugs in from South America. They fly their loads of drugs into Page Field. They fly their drugs into Buckingham Field. They fly them into Naples Airport. They fly them into Southwest Florida International Airport. They fly them into Punta Gorda Airport. They fly them into that Salty Approach field on North Captiva Island. They even fly over the Everglades, dropping packages of drugs alongside Interstate 75 and Tamiami Trail/US 41 where both those roads cross the Everglades. And they use those private jets to fly their drugs in in addition to single and multi engine turboprop planes. Drug runners are smart. They use aircraft to transport drugs. They will not risk transporting them by boat, including those towed "submarines" that people talk about. They won't risk hitting coral and losing their boats and their drugs to the bottom of the ocean.

Also, you may not think about Fort Myers as having street gangs like the Mickey Cobras, Latin Kings, and such, but you are forgetting about the MOTORCYCLE GANGS!!! You are forgetting about the even more violent gangs on wheels that are nothing but highly mobile and are known to purposefully attack innocent people at will, gangs such as the Black Pistons, the Warlocks, and the Outlaws. The Black Pistons are in fact connected to al-Qaeda and ISIS, and they are actually in fact more violent, vicious, and deadly than the Latin Kings. The Warlocks are in fact known cop killers and have a uniform presence throughout the entire State of Florida, as well as the entire eastern half of the United States. The Black Pistons have much bigger territory and actually cover all 50 states and much of Canada.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 811 times
I love how the Boomers and retirees living in gated, golf course communities proclaim the crime data is false. In their areas, it is a possibility. You have to leave those gates at some point. I grew up.on the South side of Chicago in the Canaryville and Bridgeport neighborhoods. I would take those neighborhoods over anywhere in SWFL any day. I lived in the Ft. Myers area from 1995 to 2012 and never experienced as much crime in Chicago as I did in Florida. It was an absolute nightmare living in Ft. Misery. The people with their southern by choice, bubba mentality are the worst. Law enforcement is a farce populated with unqualified individuals who probably couldn't pass a psychological exam. A member of the sheriff's department used to harass me because he had it out for my ex husband. They went to high school together. My ex was a popular athlete. The LEO wasn't. My ex probably called him a name in high school and hurt his little feelings. The jagoff found it necessary to take it out on me. Why is someone like that allowed on the force? Maybe the area won't be so lucky when the next hurricane hits. One can only hope.

Old 12-23-2023, 01:26 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewart View Post
...Also, you may not think about Fort Myers as having street gangs like the Mickey Cobras, Latin Kings, and such, but you are forgetting about the MOTORCYCLE GANGS!!! You are forgetting about the even more violent gangs on wheels that are nothing but highly mobile and are known to purposefully attack innocent people at will, gangs such as the Black Pistons, the Warlocks, and the Outlaws. The Black Pistons are in fact connected to al-Qaeda and ISIS, and they are actually in fact more violent, vicious, and deadly than the Latin Kings. The Warlocks are in fact known cop killers and have a uniform presence throughout the entire State of Florida, as well as the entire eastern half of the United States. The Black Pistons have much bigger territory and actually cover all 50 states and much of Canada.
I haven't heard of those motorcycle orgs attacking innocent people at will. Are you sure?

There are people in those orgs that bumped off cops and weren't kicked out of their org?

Old 12-31-2023, 06:37 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I've lived in Lee County (Ft. Myers & Cape Coral) on and off for 60 years. Never been a victim of a crime. Right now I'm in Cape Coral and have been in this neighborhood for 6 years with no issues. I am leaving as soon as my house sells but not because of crime. I'm leaving because I can't deal with the heat, humidity and the threat of hurricanes. After Ian, my mind was definitely made up.

As for crime, just use common sense. Lock your house and car and BE AWARE of your surroundings. Don't go walking down the street with your ear buds in listening to music or with your face glued to your phone. Don't make yourself an easy target.

Like every town there are certain areas that you should avoid going to. I do still visit the Edison Mall (aka The Ghetto Mall) but I won't go there alone at night. But there are a lot of places I don't go to at night. As a woman I stay alert and aware.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:00 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Sucks View Post
I love how the Boomers and retirees living in gated, golf course communities proclaim the crime data is false. In their areas, it is a possibility. You have to leave those gates at some point. I grew up.on the South side of Chicago in the Canaryville and Bridgeport neighborhoods. I would take those neighborhoods over anywhere in SWFL any day. I lived in the Ft. Myers area from 1995 to 2012 and never experienced as much crime in Chicago as I did in Florida. It was an absolute nightmare living in Ft. Misery. The people with their southern by choice, bubba mentality are the worst. Law enforcement is a farce populated with unqualified individuals who probably couldn't pass a psychological exam.

This is actually an accurate assessment, and the reason I moved to Naples; after less than a year in Ft. Myers. I noticed more class immediately, residents in Collier don't call one another crackers.
The entire northern half of Ft. Myers(MLK area in particular)was ghetto.
And that beach just can't seem to get rid of the Lani Kai, the worst icon in SWFL.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:48 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
SWFL the crime seems to be spread out. Compared to older cities like St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, Tampa, Chicago, Memphis, New orleans etc.

I'm from St. Louis, which Missouri was a border south state. The demographics that cause the crime were only allowed to live north of downtown. Fair housing act passed so all those rules went out the window. Now north county is bad, but overall the worst of the crime is contained to north county, north stl and eastern sections of stl county near the city. Overall it's still very easy there to know what areas to avoid. Still to this day crime is mostly contained to certain areas.

SWFL is a newer area. There wasn't much segregation cause nothing was really hear back then.

Anyway, before I get wailed on I'm equal opportunity. I also call out the white trash as well many times. But just stating demographics the crime and why I think in Florida it's more spread out compared to older large cities.

Old 03-04-2024, 07:23 AM

194 posts, read 152,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Lots of crime all over Florida. Thats another reason im moving out besides the fact I cant afford even a shack in a bad neighboorhood!
Lots of crime everywhere theses days, have you seen national news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area