Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 08:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yes, retailers are afraid. I was informed by my corporate office to quit asking questions unless the animal had already caused a problem. They don't want the negative media attention, and people will complain to the media even if they are wrong because they are too stupid to realize their pet or ESA doesn't have the same rights as an actual svc animal. The only way it's going to stop is if enough customers notify the corporate offices and complain that the laws and policies are being ignored.

I know. Companies will throw their own employees under the bus before they will offend any customer or attract bad press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 10:49 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I know. Companies will throw their own employees under the bus before they will offend any customer or attract bad press.
Only those employees that are clueless to following company rules or those want to advance their own personal agenda by interpertation of the rules to fit their personal agenda

Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 PM

390 posts, read 635,293 times
Let's face it, babys are absolutely disgusting. Parents put them in the shopping carts knowing full well that the diaper is full, and you put your produce on that same seat. They should be banned.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:58 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
I guess that's a good thing about the Aldi's I visit. I never see a baby there and the only ones possibly wearing a diaper aren't able to get in the cart.
But it Depends.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:19 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I am an absolute animal lover, have had numerous dogs and cats over the years, and have 3 cats now that are like family to me. But there is something very upsetting about dogs being in a store with food that we are going to eat. I am not sure why the management at this Winn Dixie store turns a blind eye to it happening, but every time I go in there, someone has a dog on a leash or in a cart (where other people are going to put their groceries ) and nothing is ever said to them by the store employees. It is almost like they are afraid to say anything to the people doing it.

I never see this happening at Publix, or even the Walmart grocery store I go to, just this one Winn Dixie store. Admittedly, it is not in the greatest section of the Cape, and not the cleanest store, but I still can not believe they let it happen. I'm surprised the Health Dept lets them get away with it too.
I've seen it in the Publix on Del Prado also. I guess management is afraid to lose a customer(s) so they don't say anything. I'm also an animal lover but I wouldn't dream of bringing my dog to a grocery store and I don't know why some people feel they have to bring their dog everywhere. Although I'd rather them bring the dog IN the grocery store than leave it in a hot car. Some people are just plain clueless.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:41 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
Let's face it, babys are absolutely disgusting. Parents put them in the shopping carts knowing full well that the diaper is full, and you put your produce on that same seat. They should be banned.
Considering those seats are made for a baby’s butt, why in the world would you put fresh food on it?

Old 04-06-2019, 06:42 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Only those employees that are clueless to following company rules or those want to advance their own personal agenda by interpertation of the rules to fit their personal agenda
Uh, no. Anyone who works with the public knows that you never can tell when the next customer may turn on you and get you reprimanded or fired. I have seen employees doing something absolutely normal, and a customer takes offense and either complains to the manager or calls the home office.. It is not a matter of "not following the rules", it is a matter of "the customer is always right."

Even when the employee is trying to do something to protect the company, they can be called out for it. I knew a store manager who had a customer who returned 5 of the same items in a row, claiming they were defective. That manager realized the customer was doing something wrong and tried to educate him and told him he could not just keep bringing them back. The customer called corporate headquarters, complained, and they immediately called the manager, chewed him out, made him call the customer, apologize, give him a new part, and give him a $25 gift card for his "inconvenience".

That manager was simply trying to do the right thing and not waste company profits, but he swore from then on that if a customer returned 200 in a row, he would never say a word because he didn't get support from the company. That is the reality of "the rules".

Old 04-06-2019, 11:10 AM

10 posts, read 11,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I guess that's a good thing about the Aldi's I visit. I never see a baby there and the only ones possibly wearing a diaper aren't able to get in the cart.
But it Depends.
I see what you did there. lol

Old 04-06-2019, 11:18 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Lol, yea, management is always perfect and would never, ever, misinterpret rules nor have any sort of ill will towards an employee and do what they can to get them terminated.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:19 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, yea, management is always perfect and would never, ever, misinterpret rules nor have any sort of ill will towards an employee and do what they can to get them terminated.
That is why you dont hold a management rank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area