Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 12:08 PM

363 posts, read 514,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Rioters are destroying businesses. Thus, it is a business issue.
Exactly why, right now.

Yet companies have taken a sharp turn in marketing the last couple years and have been making political and moral statements through ads and sponsors (e.g. Gillette, Nike, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 12:28 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,849 times
companies lobby and lobbyist make policies and laws

Old 06-04-2020, 12:38 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I received several emails from online retails about black protest and injustice awareness. Then go on to tout how their company stands with the black community yada yada. Sounds more like using this for marketing purposes. I don't see why business companies need to do anything, they have nothing to do with police brutality or black injustice. Those are societal problems not business issues, they should worry about staying out of politics and not pander to this social unrest.
It's just virtue signaling.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM

2,184 posts, read 2,321,661 times
^Exactly

Old 06-04-2020, 02:03 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
They are trying to capitalize. They don't realize how obviously fake they sound, either.

Ben and Jerry's, however, did well. Because they were real, genuinely empathetic, concise, and they have a history of defending AA civil rights, including rather specific legal and political commentary.
Ben and Jerry’s nailed it. It was quite well done.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
I can't imagine being so weak and petty that I'd devote the time to complaining about this.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:12 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
It is all about pandering to the masses just as a certain political party does when the elections roll around.

It should go without saying that any business or company is welcoming to every person no matter their skin shade but I guess in this day and age that if you do no appease and take a knee for the mob then they will turn against you.

We all know that Black Lives Matter just as ALL lives Matter. We all know what the sadistic cop did to George Floyd was vile. I don't think the average human needs to be told that.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:52 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I received several emails from online retails about black protest and injustice awareness. Then go on to tout how their company stands with the black community yada yada. Sounds more like using this for marketing purposes. I don't see why business companies need to do anything, they have nothing to do with police brutality or black injustice. Those are societal problems not business issues, they should worry about staying out of politics and not pander to this social unrest.
I don't see it as marketing.

I see it as survival. CEOs stand up and apologize for being the victims of criminal rioting in order to save their own jobs and to reassure their employees and customers they are sufficiently woke.

Businesses have been the victims, the Media is blaming them for the crime, and the sole way to get out of the spotlight and back to business is to apologize.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:53 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
That might be how the Covid-19 virus started. Just saying . . .
Actually, it was the bubble wrap. When you pop the bubble wrap, it let Chinese air into your home.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
They are trying to capitalize. They don't realize how obviously fake they sound, either.

Ben and Jerry's, however, did well. Because they were real, genuinely empathetic, concise, and they have a history of defending AA civil rights, including rather specific legal and political commentary.
Then why does Ben and Jerry's have their headquarters in VT, the least diverse state in the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates