Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 03:40 PM

223 posts, read 144,833 times

Advertisements

I might be wrong, but doesn't Greensboro's economy depend (but not totally) a lot on the ACC, Furniture Market, and A&T homecoming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 04:36 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfromVA View Post
I might be wrong, but doesn't Greensboro's economy depend (but not totally) a lot on the ACC, Furniture Market, and A&T homecoming?
In part but there are many other events in Greensboro and the area as well.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:31 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,647,000 times
Quote:
Not just wrong, but laugh out out loud wrong.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:55 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,060,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Charlotte has never been in the rotation that much. In fact less than Greensboro despite having the shiny Spectrum arena downtown. Greensboro will get it again much sooner but I suspect Brooklyn will be in the rotation more than any other city which honestly doesn't make sense because most of the ACC schools are in the south. Atlanta is pretty much out of the running due to the SEC Tournament which is often held in Atlanta
In the past, you're correct about Charlotte in the recent past, though the ACCT was played there several years in a row back in the 90s and about a dozen times overall.

But you know what they say about past results. They don't guarantee future performance. I don't think this was the last ACCT. But I wouldn't be surprised if Greensboro is left out all together later this year or next when the venues for the next few years behind 2022 is released (partially dependent on how far into the future they announce).

Old 03-14-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Not just wrong, but laugh out out loud wrong.
Then I stand corrected.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:02 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,963,533 times
Quote:
Absolutely no.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Then I stand corrected.
I should have said tourist money. Sorry.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:08 PM

37,897 posts, read 42,015,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
The SEC tournament will be in Nashville throughout the decade... except maybe one year... so Atlanta would be an option. I could see the ACC back in Greensboro in 2023 and 2028.
Aren't conference tournaments usually played at neutral sites? If that's the case, then the ACC tournament may not go to Atlanta since GA Tech is there.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:19 PM

597 posts, read 450,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Aren't conference tournaments usually played at neutral sites? If that's the case, then the ACC tournament may not go to Atlanta since GA Tech is there.

The ACC tournament isn't allowed to play on the home court of a Conference Member. Same city is ok. Its been played in Atlanta in the past... in the old Omni and the Georgia Dome. I have heard that Pittsburgh wants to host an ACC tournament.... it would be held at the arena that the Penguins play.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:38 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
The ACC tournament isn't allowed to play on the home court of a Conference Member. Same city is ok. Its been played in Atlanta in the past... in the old Omni and the Georgia Dome. I have heard that Pittsburgh wants to host an ACC tournament.... it would be held at the arena that the Penguins play.
It was played in Tampa before too. Apparently the ACC wasn't impressed with Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point