Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 03:31 PM

56 posts, read 57,835 times

Advertisements

Before I traveled to Texas a few years ago someone told me I had to visit Buc-ee's. When I asked what it was they told me it was a convenience store. I said OK, maybe, thinking I'm not going to Texas to visit a convenience store. Needless to say, as I drove past my first one, my mouth dropped open and one visit made me a Buc-ee's fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 09:36 AM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Buc-ee's has confirmed locations planned in the Atlanta region, including Warner Robins, Ga. So Anderson is a next logistical expansion. And they are also entering Florida and Mobile, Alabama. So I wonder if they will continue to expand northward toward Greenville, Spartanburg, or up close to Charlotte?

Old 08-31-2020, 09:39 AM

And in a recent survey of the best convenience stores nationwide, Buc-ee's ranked number one, and Wawa was number two. QuikTrip was ranked number twelve.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:45 AM

Also wish Parker's would expand closer to the Upstate. Their closest locations in SC are near Charleston and Walterboro. They have very good fried chicken they are famous for. Based out of Savannah, where most of their locations are in the state of Georgia. Also Royal Farms in Maryland and Virginia has very good fried chicken, but I don't see them moving further south from their current geographic footprint. But Spinx remains a good choice for fried chicken locally.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:19 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Buc-ee's has confirmed locations planned in the Atlanta region, including Warner Robins, Ga. So Anderson is a next logistical expansion. And they are also entering Florida and Mobile, Alabama. So I wonder if they will continue to expand northward toward Greenville, Spartanburg, or up close to Charlotte?
They tend to only locate in the outskirts of metro areas so don’t expect to see any in Greenville County. Spartanburg and especially Cherokee Counties sound like good bets though.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:20 PM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
Quote:
Here is a list of all planned Buc-ee's locations outside of TX as of 8/31/2020:
- Anderson, SC
- Florence, SC
- Warner Robins, GA
- Calhoun, GA
- Leeds, AL (outside of Birmingham)
- St. Augustine, FL
- Daytona Beach, FL
- Fort Myers, FL
- Ocala, FL
- Crossville, TN (in between Nashville and Knoxville)
- Richmond, KY
Their are also, reportedly, other locations in development outside of TX that have not been announced yet.

From what I heard, Buc-ee's store locations generally stay at least 90 miles apart from each other in the state of TX. It would be reasonable to believe that they would be treated as more of a destination outside the state of TX so they might be a little further spread out.

They are saying that they have no plans for any other stores in the state of GA for the next 5 hears, other than the Calhoun and Warner Robins locations that have been announced. Those locations are 170 miles apart from each other.

Meanwhile, from what I have heard, the Anderson location will cover all 230 miles in between Atlanta and Charlotte. I have also heard rumors of a location that would pop up on I-85 in NC (probably north of Charlotte). That would make the Anderson location and the NC I-85 location be way too close to a Spartanburg/Cherokee County store so I am pretty sure the Anderson location will be the 1 location covering I-85 in between Atlanta and Charlotte.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:49 PM

446 posts, read 414,925 times
There aren’t a whole lot of them in this area but isn’t Marathon being bought out by 7-Eleven?

Old 08-31-2020, 10:22 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
There aren’t a whole lot of them in this area but isn’t Marathon being bought out by 7-Eleven?
Marathon's Speedway chain.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:48 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
And in a recent survey of the best convenience stores nationwide, Buc-ee's ranked number one, and Wawa was number two. QuikTrip was ranked number twelve.
This ranking is for best food, by the Food & Wine website. Sounds reasonable if you are just ranking food. QT has some good stuff, but Wawa makes food their center-point.

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/r...ca-ranked-food

So it depends what you are basing your rankings on. Newsweek does an annual best of and gave QT the #1 spot for best customer service. Gas Buddy ranked its users and gave QT #4 spot above Wawa.

https://www.newsweek.com/americas-be...enience-stores

https://www.gasbuddy.com/newsroom/pressrelease/552

Old 09-01-2020, 05:08 PM

Perhaps the NC location for Buc-ee's will be around Salisbury or Lexington, which is about midway between Charlotte and Greensboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area