Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 06:19 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,642,385 times

Advertisements

Might as well start the season thread. Great to end September and so far in October not have an end of summer heat still going!! First Frost typ this time of year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 06:25 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,848,359 times
From some of the YouTube weather forecasters, I'm seeing a pretty decent chance for snow for the Upstate this winter. Would you agree with those conclusions?

Old 10-12-2022, 02:23 PM

792 posts, read 497,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
From some of the YouTube weather forecasters, I'm seeing a pretty decent chance for snow for the Upstate this winter. Would you agree with those conclusions?
I don't really trust any forecast beyond 3 days I will look at the models on TropicalTidbits for entertainment. The GFS did call the Jan snow storm right 2 weeks out, so I guess they get lucky sometimes.

This is a weird fall. I can see Paris Mtn from my house and usually the leaves start turning at the top and the color comes down the hill to our house (and greens up in reverse) Right now is maybe peak color down here around 1000' feet (drive by Furman the next few days!) but it's green to the top of PM.

Secondly, there have been almost no black walnuts in our yard which is not unheard of but rare this time of year. I'm kind of glad because they are a PITA and annoying but makes me wonder if both things are indicative of any overall pattern.

Old 10-12-2022, 02:48 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,317,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
I don't really trust any forecast beyond 3 days I will look at the models on TropicalTidbits for entertainment. The GFS did call the Jan snow storm right 2 weeks out, so I guess they get lucky sometimes.

This is a weird fall. I can see Paris Mtn from my house and usually the leaves start turning at the top and the color comes down the hill to our house (and greens up in reverse) Right now is maybe peak color down here around 1000' feet (drive by Furman the next few days!) but it's green to the top of PM.

Secondly, there have been almost no black walnuts in our yard which is not unheard of but rare this time of year. I'm kind of glad because they are a PITA and annoying but makes me wonder if both things are indicative of any overall pattern.

I've noticed alot of this as well. I usually keep my tomato plants into the first or second week of November. They're.. Pretty dead now.

Leaves.. Certainly seem to be at peak..

Does this bode an early winter? Colder winter? Who knows.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:32 PM

5,677 posts, read 5,905,638 times
A lot of my trees are still green.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:12 AM

4,610 posts, read 6,040,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
A lot of my trees are still green.
Yes seems like they start peaking in the upstate more towards the end of October -early November. It is more than likely peak in higher elevations of the mountains now.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:25 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,848,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes seems like they start peaking in the upstate more towards the end of October -early November. It is more than likely peak in higher elevations of the mountains now.
I'm a bit sad by this. I had gambled and picked a B&B up in Bryson City NC for the weekend before Halloween, reserved back in the summer. I'm afraid I'll be seeing a lot of bare trees.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:11 AM

606 posts, read 586,766 times
The leaves seem to be turning quickly this year, probably because it's been so dry. They're starting to drop F-bombs (frost/freeze) for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:39 AM

5,677 posts, read 5,905,638 times
I looked better when pulling in the driveway and I do have more turning than I thought, and more in the yard than I thought too.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:33 AM

792 posts, read 497,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
The leaves seem to be turning quickly this year, probably because it's been so dry. They're starting to drop F-bombs (frost/freeze) for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area