Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 05:06 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Whataburger was marginally better than Burger King in my experience.
Sadly, I have to agree. When I lived in Texas in the late 90's, Whataburger was good. We actually had one right next to our apartment complex, and that was cool.

But I tried them again recently in Florida, having hyped them up to my family. Huge disappointment. Of course it could just have been that franchise or the people making the food that day.

Our go to fast food chain is now Culver's. I've been to Culver's in multiple states and they have all been reliable, fresh and tasty.

When they build the Duncan location, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully this location will be good. But doubt if they will be as good as they once were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 05:41 AM

8,483 posts, read 4,727,776 times
I’ll say this about Whataburger: good, but pricey. My gripe really isn’t with their food (it can be a bit salty for my taste, but I’m unusually sensitive to salt), it’s just a fair chunk of change and not a place I therefore frequented. Pretty filling though, which isn’t always the case with fast food.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:28 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Whataburger is coming to Duncan indeed, specifically 1537 East Main Street.
The old Bank of America location…make the vault the freezer and keep 3 drive thru lanes??

Old 10-26-2022, 07:27 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
The old Bank of America location…make the vault the freezer and keep 3 drive thru lanes??
Hooters at the corner of Haywood and Laurens is a converted former bank. (C&S; NationsBank >Bank of America) as well as Core Life Eatery at Woodruff and Miller was a Wells Fargo. I guess former banks make good restaurant locations.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:27 PM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
Corner of N Main St and Whitehall Rd/Concord Rd in Anderson is currently permitting with Whataburger (empty lot at a intersection which has Walgreens, CVS, and QT on the other corners).
Whataburger is working on finalizing everything so not confirmed as of yet and can change just like anything in the commercial business world.

2902 N Main St, Anderson

Old 10-28-2022, 08:35 PM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Hooters at the corner of Haywood and Laurens is a converted former bank. (C&S; NationsBank >Bank of America) as well as Core Life Eatery at Woodruff and Miller was a Wells Fargo. I guess former banks make good restaurant locations.
Banks can make good restaurant locations but they typically cost a good amount to convert into a restaurant in the first place. Vaults sometimes can be kept but quite a bit of the time they may need to be removed or done around.
Certain franchises and restaurants can deal with it but some of them have strict guidelines in the way their restaurants are arranged or look where a bank does not go with policy so they either need special approval or would have to tear down the bank (which, of course, adds cost).

Banks are quite often on great real estate sites making them prime for redevelopment.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:12 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Banks can make good restaurant locations but they typically cost a good amount to convert into a restaurant in the first place. Vaults sometimes can be kept but quite a bit of the time they may need to be removed or done around.
Certain franchises and restaurants can deal with it but some of them have strict guidelines in the way their restaurants are arranged or look where a bank does not go with policy so they either need special approval or would have to tear down the bank (which, of course, adds cost).

Banks are quite often on great real estate sites making them prime for redevelopment.

I've yet to see a building where a vault was removed. Normally, they'll turn that into an office or something. I had to, many years ago, find out how to penetrate a bank vault when a building was being converted because electrical and data needed to get inside the vault, which was being turned into an office.

I'm QUITE sure that search has me on a list somewhere.

To keep yourself off.. It seems the answer, in short terms.. Is thermite.

My answer was "we're finding a sub-contractor for this!"

Old 10-29-2022, 03:30 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,407 times
Restaurants can use an old bank vault as a walk in cooler.

Old 10-29-2022, 04:57 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I've yet to see a building where a vault was removed. Normally, they'll turn that into an office or something.
There is a latin restaurant in a very old bank building in downtown Knoxville that turned the volt in the basement into a really swanky cocktail bar. Beautiful. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZSzLavNWs

Old 10-30-2022, 03:13 AM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post

The proposed Charlotte location for Whataburger is also a former banking center, I believe a former Sun Trust which was closed after the Truist consolidation with BB&T. The Duncan location is apparently a former Bank of America. Other new freestanding locations will likely be built as they infill the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area