Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 03:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times

Advertisements

I notice on the Whataburger website they are currently offering a breakfast bowl. I would like to see Bojangles return their breakfast bowl to the menu as it was quite good. Also Hardee's used to have a good breakfast bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 06:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I had the Whataburger in Biloxi about a month ago and WHAM! The burger was fantastic with fresh tomatoes and the fixings! I am happy to hear they are building one here!

Old 10-30-2022, 09:20 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
Haven't had it, but the pics on their website dont look all that special.

I would rather have an In-N-Out to be honest.
A person can get burned out on In-N-Out real quick. They have a very small menu. Not much more than a single and double hamburger and cheeseburger, French fries and soft drink and milk shake. Whataburger has one of the biggest menus for fast food hamburger joints. Lots of choices and a great breakfast menu. They wait until the food is ordered to make it so the food is always fresh and tasty.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:01 AM

253 posts, read 191,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
A person can get burned out on In-N-Out real quick. They have a very small menu. Not much more than a single and double hamburger and cheeseburger, French fries and soft drink and milk shake. Whataburger has one of the biggest menus for fast food hamburger joints. Lots of choices and a great breakfast menu. They wait until the food is ordered to make it so the food is always fresh and tasty.
Plus, In-N-Out will not expand any farther east than they have now. They have stated for quality control purposes, warehousing will not be constructed outside of California to support eastward expansion. So the closest location to us will remain in the Houston area.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:15 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
A person can get burned out on In-N-Out real quick.
Not if I'm going to have to drive to Duncan to get it. That's a hard pass most days.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:17 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Not if I'm going to have to drive to Duncan to get it. That's a hard pass most of the time.
Exactly! Of all places to put yooure first one in the state, Duncan would not be my choice. But hey, its just another hamburger place that will getruined by mismangment within a few years.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:37 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Whataburger was marginally better than Burger King in my experience.
Employees will make or break a frachise store. A well run Whatburger store is hard to beat.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:02 AM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Exactly! Of all places to put yooure first one in the state, Duncan would not be my choice. But hey, its just another hamburger place that will getruined by mismangment within a few years.

At least it's not Greenwood or Boiling Springs.. Which somehow seem to often be the 'toe in the water' places that they locate.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:10 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
These are good, but I still prefer Steak & Shake (where available) for taste and price!

Old 10-31-2022, 09:20 AM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Sadly, I have to agree. When I lived in Texas in the late 90's, Whataburger was good. We actually had one right next to our apartment complex, and that was cool.

But I tried them again recently in Florida, having hyped them up to my family. Huge disappointment. Of course it could just have been that franchise or the people making the food that day.

Our go to fast food chain is now Culver's. I've been to Culver's in multiple states and they have all been reliable, fresh and tasty.

When they build the Duncan location, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully this location will be good. But doubt if they will be as good as they once were.
Culver’s is better, but Whataburger is also good. I’ve seen lists that name Culver’s as the best burger in the U.S. Whataburger is also ranked furthur down on the list. We have a Culver’s in south Asheville, would love to get a Whataburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area