Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Old thread resurrected, but I need to input.
When I was a kid, I used to spend weekends with my (maternal) grandmother. She spoiled me no end and we were very close. She'd pick me up on Saturday afternoon, I'd spend the night at her house and return home Sunday evening.
Grandma passed some years ago (cancer). I took it very hard; a few months prior she was in the hospital. It was a few years after she died that I discovered her cancer was terminal. Anyway, years/decades have passed since her leaving, yet every Saturday, to this day, I still think about her. Just a few years ago, right here in my home, on a Saturday - late afternoon/early evening, I was having issues with my tear ducts (yes, I was crying. I was missing my grandma) I swear, and I was very awake and alert, standing just outside my bathroom, I heard her, clear as the horizon. I didn't see her, but I heard her - and she was speaking directly to me, "I've lived my life," she told me, "You have a good long life ahead. Do the things that make you happy...enjoy what you enjoy...don't mourn me or cry for me. I'm in a good place and I'm feeling much better now. It's time for you to live your life. I love you, and I'm fine." I immediately stopped crying and knew that she was there, consoling me.

In the decades since her passing, I know that I've become my own person and trying to enjoy life like never before. Thanks, Grandma, for visiting me and lifting my spirits. I love you!
Thank you for not starting another thread, Rick. Here is an even OLDER THREAD regarding this.....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...ams-signs.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Old thread resurrected, but I need to input.
When I was a kid, I used to spend weekends with my (maternal) grandmother. She spoiled me no end and we were very close. She'd pick me up on Saturday afternoon, I'd spend the night at her house and return home Sunday evening.
Grandma passed some years ago (cancer). I took it very hard; a few months prior she was in the hospital. It was a few years after she died that I discovered her cancer was terminal. Anyway, years/decades have passed since her leaving, yet every Saturday, to this day, I still think about her. Just a few years ago, right here in my home, on a Saturday - late afternoon/early evening, I was having issues with my tear ducts (yes, I was crying. I was missing my grandma) I swear, and I was very awake and alert, standing just outside my bathroom, I heard her, clear as the horizon. I didn't see her, but I heard her - and she was speaking directly to me, "I've lived my life," she told me, "You have a good long life ahead. Do the things that make you happy...enjoy what you enjoy...don't mourn me or cry for me. I'm in a good place and I'm feeling much better now. It's time for you to live your life. I love you, and I'm fine." I immediately stopped crying and knew that she was there, consoling me.

In the decades since her passing, I know that I've become my own person and trying to enjoy life like never before. Thanks, Grandma, for visiting me and lifting my spirits. I love you!
What Lovely memories you have of your Grandmother. In my heart I do believe she came to you in spirit to set you free. She still loves you. Always will. I only had one grandmother I knew and she to was a wonderful person. Even though I was adopted into the family she treated me as one of her real grandchildren. I too remember her baking those wonderful cookies with the jam in the centers and lemon meringue pies and best the flannel pajamas she made each of her grandchildren. Sweet memories for sure.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:57 PM

727 posts, read 151,761 times
When my grandfather passed he came to tell me he was OK,I loved him so much and I still do!!!! (I miss and love my grandmas also (And other grandpa))

Old 05-13-2021, 08:11 AM

10 posts, read 8,148 times
Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning