Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:06 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
When my husband was dying, I asked him to come back to tell me he was OK. He said he would if he could. I had experienced this with my father years earlier, so I knew it was possible. So about a month and a half after his death, I had a true vision of my husband in heaven, with one-to-one communication, though not verbal. I won't describe the whole thing, but it was a terrific help to me to know he was in God's love and care.
If people do receive signs from their deceased loved ones, and I don't doubt the stories that have been presented here, why wasn't Houdini able to give some sort of sign to loved ones he left behind?

Just wondering. I know you can't speak for Houdini, lol. But still, if it's so easy (?) for "them" on the Other Side to break through to our reality, even sometimes in physical ways (making the chandelier chime, or moving objects, or slamming doors, whatever), why don't more of them do it? And what's the science behind them being able to pull off these seemingly supernatural feats? That's the intriguing part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 04:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
After my grandfather died, my grandmother got a mess of unpaid bills. She was convinced that he had done this on purpose and this was his way of leaving her a final message, the point of which was obvious to her. And to at least two of my uncles.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:40 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,657 times
The morning after my mom passed away, I woke up in a fog hoping that her passing was just a bad dream. When I realized it wasn't this song came on the radio. I know it was her way of letting me know I'd be ok.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4F_cXGQN9k

Old 07-05-2017, 04:52 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,000 times
Like Houdini, I spent a lifetime looking for some indication of life after death (or even a God of some kind).

There are coincidences, strange statistical clusters, and lots of strange things--since a billion things happen everyday, and humans are compulsive about looking for patterns.

Sorry, but if these things were true, there would be plenty of real proof by now with 7.5 billion humans desperately looking for it.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Like Houdini, I spent a lifetime looking for some indication of life after death (or even a God of some kind).

There are coincidences, strange statistical clusters, and lots of strange things--since a billion things happen everyday, and humans are compulsive about looking for patterns.

Sorry, but if these things were true, there would be plenty of real proof by now with 7.5 billion humans desperately looking for it.
From the original post:

A number of us have experienced oddities after a death that are not easily explained by logic or science. There are various "explanations" for these events, but those are irrelevant for the purposes of this thread.

Very simply, did you have any experience after the death of a loved one that made you think/wonder if they were attempting to communicate, guide, or bring comfort?

This is NOT a place to attempt to explain. This is NOT a place to attempt to place the event in a context. This is NOT the place to denigrate or say "That is impossible." If you want to do any of those things - start a new thread, or link to a thread in a different forum if it is inappropriate here.

Sorry, but I was extremely clear in starting the thread. I've no problem with your disbelieving, or believing whatever you want. However, in this thread you are being rude and pissing on pews. I have no need to explain anything to you other than start your own thread.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:38 PM

24 posts, read 27,257 times
I was having lunch with a friend who lost her spouse recently and said she received pennies from heaven, and after they quit coming, felt her husband felt she was doing okay. I also recently lost my husband, and was visiting my old friend in Illinois, I am living in Alabama. We went to a lunch concert in which the band that was playing was also a former co-worker. During that concert he played a new song about islands in the Caribbean. I mentioned to my friend, that Jim, my spouse, would have loved that song, and she agreed, since she knew we loved island music. Having worked with the band member for many years, my husband and I had seen the group many times, which played environmental music. After the concert we talked and he asked about Jim, and stated that he had passed in December. He mentioned that that he remembered Jim's smart ass comment when on his CD he said they played environmental music with a message, and my husband said is not environmental music understood it is a message. All those year's the co-worker/band member remembered that comment and we laughed. I told him Jim would have loved his new island song. Then he moved his foot on the stage, and under it was a penny. Penny from heaven? I found four pennies on that trip last month. None since. Am I doing okay, have a ways to go, but better than before. Also, and s I had a small gathering of women in our building on Valentine's Day, and told them all, just a get together on a Sunday, to keep me busy and that Jim and I had not really celebrated Valentine's Day. We were married 33 years. Well several days later, I found an old Valentine's Day card he had given me. I never remembered him giving me Valentine.'s Day card. I wish I knew what year it was, should have written it on the card. But yes, whether we read things into it, or they are real, I do know they bring comfort.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:15 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,525,135 times
I had a boyfriend all through high school. It was a serious relationship, the first love for both of us. We helped each other through tumultuous family issues. The breakup was traumatic for both of us. Even after breaking up, since it was a small town that we were from, we knew what was happening in each other's lives; however, we had not spoken to each other for 26 years...no reason, except that life had gotten in the way. I knew that he had a very bad stroke at the beginning of 2011, but that he survived & was recovering & last I heard, living with his ex-wife.

In January of this year, I had a very strong feeling that I wanted to listen to the music of 2 particular bands. One of them had been a favorite of mine, the other, just a band that made good music. These 2 bands came into existence long after boyfriend & I broke up. I have to add, the urge to listen to this music was powerful, & I did listen to it constantly, through January & into February.

In mid-February, I learned that he died on January 12, 2017. His family-only memorial service was February 4, in our home town, far from where I now live. In communications with his daughter, I learned that these 2 bands that I felt compelled to listen to, were his all-time favorites...I did not know this, until she told me. I want to add that during our relationship, music was something that was very important to us, that we shared.

RIP, Danny

Old 07-05-2017, 11:09 PM

7,644 posts, read 4,591,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If people do receive signs from their deceased loved ones, and I don't doubt the stories that have been presented here, why wasn't Houdini able to give some sort of sign to loved ones he left behind?

Just wondering. I know you can't speak for Houdini, lol. But still, if it's so easy (?) for "them" on the Other Side to break through to our reality, even sometimes in physical ways (making the chandelier chime, or moving objects, or slamming doors, whatever), why don't more of them do it? And what's the science behind them being able to pull off these seemingly supernatural feats? That's the intriguing part.
You won't want to leave. You'll need a guide to know how to get there and back. Plus, there's so much damage that could be done. Say too much, and a faith in God becomes a faith in a husband or loved one, specifically forbidden. It's a perilous quest for both the fallen and the living.

Let the dead go to their place. Your place may be the same or different. It is not ourselves that have created it.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:37 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

For me it is a matter of faith. I believe that direct communication from God or from those who are with him happens only when we actually need it. Although I received a message from my father and my husband, I did not receive any communication from my mother, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. I have total trust that if I need communication, it will come, and if I don't, it won't. It really is not up to me. But in addition to having faith and trust, one must be open and listening. Not all people are. As far as the science behind it, I don't know, and I doubt this is something that will ever be known. I am a science based person (medical field) but I accept that there are things that are beyond human knowledge. Just because we cannot prove it doesn't mean its not there.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:52 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
My mom really believes in pennies from heaven. She got a few 2016 since Dad died. We finally got her to leave the house and go on a quick beach trip with us. After breakfast, we went to the car and I picked up a 2007 penny outside the car that wasn't there when we went in. I asked her what year her first husband, first love had died, knowing myself it was 2007. It really comforted her. She felt now that she had heard from both her loves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning