Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:20 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

I think about quiet, happy times which I enjoyed as a kid. Dad loved to walk in the woods. My eldest brother took me out into the wilderness more than dad could ever manage. We walked, hiked, camped, and backpacked.

I think of those things when I can't sleep. I went through everything because I couldn't sleep for about three years. I thought about the dogs that we had when I was young. I once won first place in a baking contest. It was the county fair! We had an annual family vacation for ten years. There's some great material there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 10:09 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
I love dreaming about my deceased friends and relatives. In some dreams I know they are dead and in some I don't. In the last dream with my husband I realized while talking to him that it was a dream and hurried to hug him before I woke up. It's better than nothing.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 AM

936 posts, read 824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Almost every time I go to sleep. I’m so upset and distressed daily. It’s more like nightmares. I am so tired and frazzled.
How can I make it stop.
I need some sleep!
Did someone in your family die recently? Is that the trigger?

About 4 years ago when my father died I suffered from PTSD. I was really having anxiety attacks that kept me from sleeping. The only thing that helped was over-the-counter sleeping pills--and time to sort things out in my head. Dad's death was traumatic for me because I was with him in the ICU unit and held his hand as he died. I stood there and watched him gasping for breath and saw the heart monitor flatline. I kept replaying that scene over and over in my head. It rattles you.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:43 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But I had no dreams of her or anything, so a few months ago I mentioned that to a friend, and she said, "Just before you fall asleep at night, talk to your mother. Tell her you miss her and you just want to know that she's OK, and you will dream of her."

So I did that. About an hour later I woke up from a dream where my mother was in her living room and in my face, looking as she did maybe in her 40s or 50s, and she was ANNOYED. She said, "Stop bothering me and get on with doing what you have to do." Then she turned and walked up the stairs to the second floor, and I woke up.
OK, MA! GEEZ!
This is excellent and explains it well.

From what I read, they try and get through to us in whatever way they can to tell us they are OK. This is generally before they move on to other stuff. It is often said they try to get through in dreams, although smells, touches, and more physical means are also used, particularly if we miss them so much that this is the only way they can get through the fog of our grief.

If the OP is having problems with persistent dreams, maybe talk to them acknowledge you have received the message and that you know they are OK and now they can stop with the messages, you need to get some sleep. This will probably sort things out and give you some peace. It sounds to me as if you are opening up to these types of communications, so you may have to learn to set boundaries when and where you are OK with them moving into your space.

It is my belief and from what I know from my Spiritualist days, there are plenty of people trying to get messages through to their people on Earth, to give them hope of existence and send love etc. so anyone who is opening to this kind of communication will need to manage it, otherwise it can become overwhelming - as it is for you.

Again, from what I have read, it seems that people who have 'gone upstairs' only spend a little while after physical death focused on their Earth life before they have other priorities. It is not that they forget us here, but that the focus of attention is no longer on Earth-based life but elsewhere. It is rather like being at work during the day and not thinking of the people back at home due to meetings and more immediate work-related stuff. The phone is always available if you need to phone home to say something important or just to say you love them.

As soon as we understand they are OK, however much we miss them, we should not keep dragging them back to their old Earth life they left behind because they have other things they need to focus on. This sounds heartless I know, but it makes sense to me. If life continues on, then it is not going to be focused on the ones they left behind all the time.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:57 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times
My dreams are still occurring. I’m so tired all the time.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
My dreams are still occurring. I’m so tired all the time.
A thought:

Have you tried Flower Essences ? They are excellent and may be your answer.

I have experience with Bach Flower Remedies and they work on a homeopathic level. You have a little bottle of concentrate and you shake the bottle vigorously, then place 4 drops in about an inch of water in a glass and sip it over the next few minutes. There are other Flower Remedies too which may work better or may be more specific for you.

Bach Flower Rescue Remedy is an emergency preparation consisting of 6 of the other ones and it works well for shock, grief, loss, and all kinds of situations where you need a quick remedy for the emotional state of mind. Also where you dont know the underlying issue too.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:39 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is excellent and explains it well.

From what I read, they try and get through to us in whatever way they can to tell us they are OK. This is generally before they move on to other stuff. It is often said they try to get through in dreams, although smells, touches, and more physical means are also used, particularly if we miss them so much that this is the only way they can get through the fog of our grief.

If the OP is having problems with persistent dreams, maybe talk to them acknowledge you have received the message and that you know they are OK and now they can stop with the messages, you need to get some sleep. This will probably sort things out and give you some peace. It sounds to me as if you are opening up to these types of communications, so you may have to learn to set boundaries when and where you are OK with them moving into your space.

It is my belief and from what I know from my Spiritualist days, there are plenty of people trying to get messages through to their people on Earth, to give them hope of existence and send love etc. so anyone who is opening to this kind of communication will need to manage it, otherwise it can become overwhelming - as it is for you.

Again, from what I have read, it seems that people who have 'gone upstairs' only spend a little while after physical death focused on their Earth life before they have other priorities. It is not that they forget us here, but that the focus of attention is no longer on Earth-based life but elsewhere. It is rather like being at work during the day and not thinking of the people back at home due to meetings and more immediate work-related stuff. The phone is always available if you need to phone home to say something important or just to say you love them.

As soon as we understand they are OK, however much we miss them, we should not keep dragging them back to their old Earth life they left behind because they have other things they need to focus on. This sounds heartless I know, but it makes sense to me. If life continues on, then it is not going to be focused on the ones they left behind all the time.
I got into a conversation with a woman, fairly young--say 40s--who briefly died when something went wrong during surgery. She left her body , and she said, "you don't care. It's peaceful and calm and nothing really matters. I was floating away, leaving, and it was fine."

Old 08-02-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I got into a conversation with a woman, fairly young--say 40s--who briefly died when something went wrong during surgery. She left her body , and she said, "you don't care. It's peaceful and calm and nothing really matters. I was floating away, leaving, and it was fine."
Yes, there are loads of accounts of NDE's and OBE's which say a similar thing and which, for me, gives me hope for life-after-death survival of consciousness. OK, so it doesn't convince everyone, but these people are experiencing something and it appears to extend across religious borders and countries too. That means it is not what they expect to happen as these would be different as the different beliefs change according to their cultural beliefs.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:27 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Almost every time I go to sleep. I’m so upset and distressed daily. It’s more like nightmares. I am so tired and frazzled.
How can I make it stop.
I need some sleep!
I have been also. Even ones that I was not terribly close to in life. It's a bit unnearving.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:04 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
How can I make it stop.
I need some sleep!
Foxy, let me suggest something that may or may not help. Are you getting out of the house everyday? That might help you with being so tired. I found it helped me. Once you sleep, you will lose some of that frazzled feeling. I take a nap each day. Anything under an hour supposedly won't hurt your night sleep.

Some people swear by the app Calm. Or any bedtime stories app.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning