Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 08:28 AM

305 posts, read 294,968 times

Advertisements

As human beings we are imperfect, and this would be a conciliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 02:23 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
The day after my father died I had a pleasant but mundane dream about him. About a week later I had a very disturbing one. Since then I've had a few unrelated dreams where he was just there in the background in a non speaking role. When my wife's sister died I had a series of dreams where she was lost and she needed me to help her find where she needed to go. One involved me carrying her on my back through treacherous terrain. After my best friend died I had a number of dreams where we were just hanging out together and at one point I'd realize this couldn't be happening because he had passed. He'd then look at me confused and his face would turn purple and a noose would appear around his neck. He had died by hanging himself. After one of my aunts died I had a dream that I went on a great dungeon adventure and at the end of it I had to complete an obstacle course to get to a room where my aunt was sitting in her rocking chair. At first she looked up and looked happy then she realized it was me and looked disappointed and said "oh never mind". I had the impression she was hoping one of her kids would've showed up.

Last dream I'll mention is one where I was at a party and I saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while and was having a great time talking to them, until at one point I realized that these were all people I knew who had passed away. They all got quiet at the same time when I came to that realization. Many of them gave me evil looks, some had their faces morph in to demon faces, some just smiled, then they all broke out laughing at the same time, as if it had all been a big joke at my expense. Then I woke up.

Some of these dreams were pleasant, some of them were disturbing, I could mostly do without any of them, but as time goes by and the pain of people's death lessens a little I suppose I don't mind seeing them show up from time to time as long as they don't do anything spooky. The one exception is the dream the night after my father died, which was a welcome dream. It was like one last opportunity to hang out with him for a while and it ended too soon, just like his life did.

Last edited by Toxic Waltz; 02-07-2022 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2022, 03:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 679,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Archangel Michael. Specifically the St. Michael prayer. The Catholic one. You can find it on the internet. Not sure if I should post a link here.

You can also try the Catholic prayers for those who have passed on. I've heard from other people that it has helped.
I pray to Archangel Michael daily, and I was raised Catholic, but never knew there was a prayer.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I pray to Archangel Michael daily, and I was raised Catholic, but never knew there was a prayer.
https://www.catholiccompany.com/st-m...hangel-prayer/

Old 03-17-2022, 07:03 AM

I had two different dreams of my deceased husband last night and they were both just regular ol' dreams, not like "visitations," but they were still nice. It was nice to see and hear him and to feel married to him again. In one dream he was just saying something about a worst case scenario to him - getting laid off and his truck breaking down - and then he called me and said "Get this - I got laid off and now my truck is broken down too!" but in the dream, it wasn't horrible, it was just what was happening.

In the other dream, I found a box of my dad's stuff and in a lunchbox thingie, I found several rolls of silver coins. And my husband walked past me and reached down and took one roll and said, "I need to put this in my truck's glove compartment. You never know."

Interesting that both dreams were about the truck, but I fell asleep thinking about his truck.

Oh I just remembered another dream - I dreamed that I was able to go back in time, with some sort of angel guide, and watch my husband walking out of the convenience store right before he died suddenly, and I was able to see that he looked and acted completely normal. I asked the angel guide to take me away before he got in his truck though because I didn't want to see him actually have the heart attack that killed him a few seconds later.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:59 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
My mom dreams of her deceased relatives a lot. Especially her brother and father. She said it feels so real like they are really in the room with her talking.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:31 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
I still dream about my dad who died on May 2014 from time to time. I expect I always will.

He was sick for a long time and in my earlier dreams of him, he's ill but in later years (in my most recent dreams of him), he's healthy and with my brother & I when we were all much younger. Only once (that I can remember) did I dream of visiting his gravesite with a armful of flowers to place on his grave.

Dreams are funny.

Old 03-18-2022, 05:49 AM

Hey, I had ANOTHER mundane dream about my husband last night. So strange. He was just with me and we were riding around talking about nothing much. I don't feel as sad today though.

I wonder why I am suddenly having all these little weird dreams about him? They always involve his truck in some way. Strange. I gave his truck to his son a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning