Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 08:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, I just have to say this. When I saw your thread on the Retirement forum, I was a little taken aback, because I always had the impression that you were one of the "ladies who lunch", not someone who had a job. I don't know why I thought that!

But now...you CAN be one of the ladies who lunch!
LOL well I was only working part time so there's that! It wasn't a great big hit but it was still a hit emotionally. But I am fine now! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2024, 07:18 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL well I was only working part time so there's that! It wasn't a great big hit but it was still a hit emotionally. But I am fine now! LOL
Good. A new adventure.

Old 01-14-2024, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I need a new adventure. These past few years have sucked. But I am well down the road of recovery from the shock of my late husband's death though. I still think about him a lot however. I have very fond memories of him.

Old 01-14-2024, 07:40 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Quote:
I need a new adventure. These past few years have sucked. But I am well down the road of recovery from the shock of my late husband's death though. I still think about him a lot however. I have very fond memories of him.
A friend of mine keeps telling me that I should take a trip. I wouldn't know where to go and I really don't want to go alone.

Cat

Old 01-14-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
You will never forget him. I will keep F tucked in my heart for the rest of my life. He showed me a whole new world and a different way of looking at things. He brought me to a magical place on the planet where I felt more at home than anywhere else I ever lived. It took a leap of faith to answer him when he reached out to me, and it turned out to be one of the best things I ever did.

I am open to the possibility that more adventure lies ahead. I hope that is true for all here who have lost their partners.

Old 01-14-2024, 02:22 PM

Quote:
You will never forget him. I will keep F tucked in my heart for the rest of my life. He showed me a whole new world and a different way of looking at things. He brought me to a magical place on the planet where I felt more at home than anywhere else I ever lived. It took a leap of faith to answer him when he reached out to me, and it turned out to be one of the best things I ever did.

I am open to the possibility that more adventure lies ahead. I hope that is true for all here who have lost their partners.

I don't want to spend the next 20 years (assuming I have that) alone but I can't imagine myself with anyone else.

Cat

Old 01-14-2024, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I don't want to spend the next 20 years (assuming I have that) alone but I can't imagine myself with anyone else.

Cat
I meant adventure in general, not necessarily a romantic partner. You guys were together a long time. I only got six years, which is part of the reason it felt like such a kick in the ass from God/the Universe. I always wanted to be married/have a partner, and I had to wait so long in between my divorce and meeting a good man, and then he was snatched away. It seems like a cruel trick.

I am envious of those of you who had your loves long-term, although that probably made your loss even harder. At least I've been used to making my way alone most of my life and I know I can do it again.

I would not mind another chance for love someday, although I am not going to hold up my life waiting for that. I never had much in the way of opportunity when it came to romance, even when I was young. I am grateful for the love I did get to experience. I just wish we'd had more time together. But I am open to adventure on my own if that's how it has to be.

Old 01-14-2024, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I meant adventure in general, not necessarily a romantic partner. You guys were together a long time. I only got six years, which is part of the reason it felt like such a kick in the ass from God/the Universe. I always wanted to be married/have a partner, and I had to wait so long in between my divorce and meeting a good man, and then he was snatched away. It seems like a cruel trick.

I am envious of those of you who had your loves long-term, although that probably made your loss even harder. At least I've been used to making my way alone most of my life and I know I can do it again.

I would not mind another chance for love someday, although I am not going to hold up my life waiting for that. I never had much in the way of opportunity when it came to romance, even when I was young. I am grateful for the love I did get to experience. I just wish we'd had more time together. But I am open to adventure on my own if that's how it has to be.
I know I am lucky. I knew it the entire time we were together. I remember before he entered my life how much I yearned for love. Up time that point, I had 2 or 3 relationships that weren't great. My first husband was a verbally abusive alcoholic, and the next guy I hooked up with and ended up living with brought out the worst in me. It was a complicated relationship. He literally fell off the face of the Earth. Everyone was asking me where he was and I didn't know. I'm didn't worry about it at the time because he talked about dropping out of society. And the last time I saw him, he gave me back my keys without me asking him for them. And there was a look in his eye.

So I was alone and I saw the first shooting star I had ever seen and I made a wish. I wished for "HIM". Little did I know that I already met him but it wasn't until a few months later when he asked me out. We had issues in the beginning (like the fact that his ex-wife wanted him back and he wanted to make it work). I knew right away that he was the one but it took him a lot longer. Once he realized it, things were wonderful. And I knew to find that is not easy. It was something that I wanted and once I had it, I never took it for granted because I knew that it would be gone someday. And that someday is here.

Cat

Old 01-14-2024, 06:10 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
A friend of mine keeps telling me that I should take a trip. I wouldn't know where to go and I really don't want to go alone.

Cat
Road Scholars is an idea. A few single women I know have taken trips with them.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I know I am lucky. I knew it the entire time we were together. I remember before he entered my life how much I yearned for love. Up time that point, I had 2 or 3 relationships that weren't great. My first husband was a verbally abusive alcoholic, and the next guy I hooked up with and ended up living with brought out the worst in me. It was a complicated relationship. He literally fell off the face of the Earth. Everyone was asking me where he was and I didn't know. I'm didn't worry about it at the time because he talked about dropping out of society. And the last time I saw him, he gave me back my keys without me asking him for them. And there was a look in his eye.

So I was alone and I saw the first shooting star I had ever seen and I made a wish. I wished for "HIM". Little did I know that I already met him but it wasn't until a few months later when he asked me out. We had issues in the beginning (like the fact that his ex-wife wanted him back and he wanted to make it work). I knew right away that he was the one but it took him a lot longer. Once he realized it, things were wonderful. And I knew to find that is not easy. It was something that I wanted and once I had it, I never took it for granted because I knew that it would be gone someday. And that someday is here.

Cat
I am happy for you for the time you had together. Tne ending sucks, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning