Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Typical of statists and tyrannicals.

I ask them what makes them any smarter or better or know they know what I need or don't need?

This is why we have guns. Not for target shooting, hunting, collecting, etc. We have guns because one day these people are going to move on society in a big way and we will have to fight back or end up in the gulag.
You really think private individuals with guns are any match for the armed forces of the United States? Like the meme showing the overweight guy with his assault rifle in one frame and bomber jets in another says, "Good luck with that."

I have absolutely no problem with people owning firearms (I own one myself), even though I think the "well-regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment seems to have fallen by the wayside somewhere, but I do wonder about people who are so paranoid that they think the government is coming after them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
You really think private individuals with guns are any match for the armed forces of the United States? Like the meme showing the overweight guy with his assault rifle in one frame and bomber jets in another says, "Good luck with that."
Last time I checked, a bunch of mostly uneducated, rock farming, poppy-growing private individuals with firearms have been giving governments hell since 1979.

Anyways... Bloomberg is an idiot and hopefully he stops doing idiot things and retires, but I wouldn't count on it. It's unfortunate that one person believes the things he believes, but then again there are plenty of them in government.

I'm not one to wish anyone harm but... may he hit his shin on a coffee table in the middle of the night and/or violently stub his big toe.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,419 times
I hope he spends every dime of his money and dies a beggar on the streets of Harlem, and sees no result from his expenditure. Pompous tyrants get no sympathy from me, nor quarter if it comes to a fight. I HATE a bully, and that is all they are.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,075,685 times
Quote:
Folks don't seem to grasp the concept of civil unrest at all. Parts of our country are fragile, there are ways to cause problems, big problems, that the military can't stop. It is just the nature of how things are. If there were millions of people going up against our armed forces, why does everyone assume every single member of the armed forces will just do what they are told? This would include firing or bombing their own friends and family. This isn't some far off land where you can just bomb over and over and over, causing massive destruction and have no issues affect you. Imagine even one million people trying to fight the government. Two bank robbers held off tens of armed men with the LAPD in North Hollywood. What would the military do different? Do what the meme suggest and use a bomber jet? Seriously you think that would happen?

For the most part, every person I know that owns an assault weapon is a productive member of society. If for some reason they wanted to fight to keep their rifles, and there were a million of them, there would be numerous issues that would seriously harm the country. From sabotage type instances, to raising taxes to build prisons and jails to house another 1,000,000 people in this country, to dealing with the economic aftermath when small business owners and productive workers are jailed/killed. How many spouses can maintain the mortgage with another spouse dead or in jail? How many more millions will need to go on food stamps, again causing the need for higher taxation? What about the hundreds of thousands that may be driven into needing public subsidized housing? All the issues that seem to come with lower income, single parents trying to raise kids? In the end, a united military with planes, helicopters, etc. would clearly win in the end, but at what cost to the country?

My personal belief is that if they ban semi-auto rifles, you will see PVC piping sold in mass quantities and many rifles will just be buried. You will see folks hide such arms between walls. You will see plenty turn them in if they are given say $2,000 or so for every rifle. Most will do something along these lines, depending on many factors. People will eventually come to find out they likely will be safe enough with two lever action rifles for every one semi-auto rifle they had. Yes, I do believe that banning semi-autos will actually cause a flood of even more long guns into the hands of citizens. People will figure if they can't get off thirty rounds from an AR, at least they could get off five to ten with a rifle with a fixed mag and lever action, but to be safe they should buy a second one so as to not have to stop and reload the first if they ever got into a situation to really need twenty or thirty rounds. Most of the stuff I read and hear is chest thumping. When it finally comes that semi-auto mag feed rifles are banned, you may have a few folks do something stupid. Most will either give up their rifles for whatever $$$ the government gives out (and it will be significant), or hide them in some fashion, putting them in storage in case of civil unrest. Or maybe a zombie attack?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
A couple quotes in the link:

"I do think think there are certain times that we should infringe on your freedom."

"Sometimes government knows best."

In life, I thought I heard it all. And read it all. I guess not.

Disgusting. Scary.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,786 times
The mind is a terrible thing to try to construct without the consent of the mindful. There is usually serious consequences and repercussions.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
The sad thing is that we entered a world war in 1941 in part to defend against this kind of thinking, and here we are only 72 years later having it imposed on us by our own government. Maybe Germany and France will come to our rescue.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:

I have absolutely no problem with people owning firearms (I own one myself), even though I think the "well-regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment seems to have fallen by the wayside somewhere, but I do wonder about people who are so paranoid that they think the government is coming after them.
Where does it say that the ownership or type of firearms owned are to be regulated? Also, even if one takes the regulated part of the militia and argues that the militia can be regulated to only own certain types of firearms, that still has nothing to do with anyone else since the two are not bound together.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
A couple quotes in the link:

"I do think think there are certain times that we should infringe on your freedom."

"Sometimes government knows best."

In life, I thought I heard it all. And read it all. I guess not.

Disgusting. Scary.
It's tyranny talking.

Taking out of those quotes who is "we"? To Dumbberg that "we" is the pseudo intellectual elite.

However, all government is staffed by citizens. They are no smarter or somehow enlightened because they chose to run for office. How people in government like barack obama or mayor dumbberg think they are these all knowing individuals that can decide for you, just shows their lack of intelligence and respect for an ordinary citizen.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Default A Perfect Example Why We Need The Second Amendment

The Second Amendment is exactly what it says, with no gray areas for the anti-gun crowd to find excuses to bannish it from our constitution - The Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, plain and simple.

Here's one perfect example why law-abiding citizens should be allowed to carry arms, it's news you won't hear on the biased mainstream media, but it happens numerous times throughout the United States, everyday, and no shots were fired.

Armed citizens take down suspect robber; getaway driver on the loose | azfamily.com Phoenix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting