Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:01 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times

Advertisements

Probably not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Wish I could get you into see Cindy. She'd fix it - for a lot less than $80!!! She does mine and my wife's and we are both very happy with the results.

Dang!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times
> Seriously, I feel bad for you. There's always hats!

Headbands for me. Another freakin' month in headbands...

Old 12-04-2007, 08:23 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Default headbands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
> Seriously, I feel bad for you. There's always hats!

Headbands for me. Another freakin' month in headbands...
there's always those Christmas headbands with the Reindeer Antlers !!!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
I feel your pain and I feel it bad.
I've been searching for a stylist for a long time.
Where I live in central Texas, there's a stylist practically on every corner, a dime a dozen but it's hard to find a decent one.

Stay away from the bottle. It's been a year and you'll regret it.

Last edited by songinthewind7; 12-05-2007 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 AM

673 posts, read 2,716,772 times
Here are my revelations about haircuts:
1. Paying alot does NOT guarantee a good cut. In fact, it has produced some very hideous cuts (like original poster's experience).
2. A good stylist can go bad on you, like milk, so don't get too comfortable.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
So sorry, Greenie! And, I can certainly relate! I believe I've had as many bad haircuts as I have good ones. Even after having very good haircuts from the same hairstylist, like the previous poster said, does NOT guarantee the next one will be good.

The worst one I had, I got up and walked out with only half of it cut... now, don't you know I really looked bad!!! I was in tears and just couldn't let her touch it another minute! LoL! And, you know what she said? "Well, you said you liked my haircut!" And, I was thinking, well yes, I did say that but I was just being nice. I never thought she'd take it as meaning I wanted my hair cut like hers! Geez! And, this was like the third time I had been to her and was "supposed" to be getting the same cut as always!

The only consoling words I can give is... it'll grow! And, you can always try someone else to see if they can make it better for you... worth a shot!

Good luck!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
I've been cutting my own hair for years now. There are books you can get to show you how. I currently wear it shoulder length, no bangs so I have the Dh help me trim the back, then I do the rest myself. If you have bangs, it's pretty easy to trim them yourself.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,168 times
I am a hairdresser,and unfortunately,I have to agree with you! I worked in the same salon for 27 years before I retired after my third child.I was a good hairdresser,but it took a few years to get there.Haircutting is an artform,not a science,so it is hard to teach.Also,a person has to give a ****! I worked with,and tried to train so many new designers,and it was very challenging.For me,I took my position and career very seriously.My priority was to make the client happy.So many people just do not care!Or,they do not know how,or,they let their bad day effect their performance.Did you state the fact that your bangs were too short? In my Salon, if that happened,we offered the next trim at no charge at the hairdresser's expense.If they started losing $ out of their own pocket,they were more inclined to pay attention and focus on what they were doing.I don't know what the secret is to finding a good,consistent hairdresser.I think it's like all professions these days,so very many people just do not care.Personally,I just cut and color my own hair now also!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times
Well, this has taught me a lesson. I will cut and color my own hair from now on. I'm in to living "simply" these days so no more professional cuts! I'm sure in a month or two I'll look fine, but it was Christmastime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care