Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 05:27 AM

22 posts, read 146,852 times

Advertisements

Youre all silly hpt roads has a lot to offer only thing is higher pay and better transportation look at all the other metro areas are dealing with waaaaaaaay worse problems..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Ya know, I enjoy living in Hampton Roads. 7 cities. What you can't get in one, you can surely find in another.

I could be paid more... that is for certain.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 AM

132 posts, read 661,019 times
HR is a great place to live and raise a family. Sure there are problems,and bad areas,but that is in every city. When someone asks a question about a certain area or school, you are going to get both positive and negative reponses. Both help people get a feel for the area. Check out any other cities forum and you will see the same.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgal View Post
Youre all silly hpt roads has a lot to offer only thing is higher pay and better transportation look at all the other metro areas are dealing with waaaaaaaay worse problems..
I can speak for Northern VA. NoVA is WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse than Hampton Roads.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
Just remember---Scranton is better than EVERYTHING!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Just remember---Scranton is better than EVERYTHING!
HEY YOU! How are things? Other than Scranton being better than EVERYTHING! ?

Oh, Suffolk is way better than Scranton... You wanna fight? Oh, I'll fightcha... lol and heehee

Really, I have not been to PA since I was 6yo! Omg. that was so long ago. 28 years ago. Look now, you come into the Va forum, making me feel old with your beautiful youthful paul glow.

Geez Louise! Nice to see you! I've just started coming to this Forum...

Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
I lived in Virginia Beach for 16 years. All things considered, it's not a bad place. Mostly, we just wanted a more rural lifestyle, with less traffic, cleaner air, a quieter place without the jet noise, and a drier sunnier climate. Grand Junction, CO gives us that along with a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood for less money than our old home in Great Neck Estates. We both took paycuts though for the same jobs we were doing in Virginia Beach. So, those of you complaining about the below average pay scale in the area...remember, it could be worse!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,025 times
Default Hate Hampton Rds....

Well Hate is a strong word... I don't know if I would say I hate it here. I know there are a lot worse places I could be living.

But ,, would I want to spend the next 10 yrs here.. no way!

* Crime is bad and getting worse
* traffic is unbelievable.. all the time
* locals can't even park at the oceanfront during the season
* cost of Real Estate
* constant building of stip malls..we have a 711 on every corner and same
strip malls on every corner. It has taken away from the beauty of the area.

So, that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are a lot of people who love it here. I'm just not one of them. I make the best of it and enjoy what the area does have to offer!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 AM

I think it is where in HR that you live. But then, there is also the atmosphere that you would rather, the atmosphere that you enjoy.

Myself, I could not live in the hustle and bustle of VaBeach or Norfolk. I can almost say... Chesapeake, either.

I am in a rural area of HR, not far from South Hampton County/Isle of Wight, and I love it.

Rural/small town is what I like, and you can find it in HR... if its what you want.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,331,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I can speak for Northern VA. NoVA is WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse than Hampton Roads.
You know I share your dislike of NoVa with you !!!! We moved our DD home 6 weeks ago so my ties to NoVa are done, finished, over, kaput!!!! Any trips up there will be for just passing thru.

HR is not the absolute best place to live for me, but for now it is just fine. After 4 years we are still exploring and finding fun things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area