Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 26,406 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear about everyone's positive experiences with inversion tables - I was so happy with mine that I started a blog reviewing them and providing people with information on how to use them.

What gets me is the different experiences people seem to have - a friend of mine has suffered from sciatica for years, and so I recommended a certain table to her. She bought it, but it just didn't seem to have any effect at all for her. I'd be interested to know what it is exactly what makes it work for some people and not for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPro8 View Post
Glad to hear about everyone's positive experiences with inversion tables - I was so happy with mine that I started a blog reviewing them and providing people with information on how to use them.

What gets me is the different experiences people seem to have - a friend of mine has suffered from sciatica for years, and so I recommended a certain table to her. She bought it, but it just didn't seem to have any effect at all for her. I'd be interested to know what it is exactly what makes it work for some people and not for others.
A friend of mine has three bulging disks......that don't bother him at all.

I had one that made my life a living hell until I had surgery. { mine was at L-5 as is one of his}

Our bodies are basically the same.....but also very different.

Some people can have a bulging disk that causes no pain......some people with pain will find no relief from using an inversion table.....that's just the way it is.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 26,406 times
I hear ya, I guess we're all a lot more complex than we get credit for. I guess you just gotta try it out (for free, if possible) to see if it benefits you at all.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 11,235 times
Default Table caused Lower Back Pain

I used my inversion table today for the first time. I had a lot of pain in my lower back and a nerve flared up down my right side. Will this get better with time or should I stop now?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Serious question:

Doesn't the blood rush to your head and make you dizzy or light headed?
Only if you "hang" for too long. 10 mins is good for a session.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I was only on an inversion table once, many many years ago. I have had a problem with my right leg from the hip down and my left leg from the calf to the foot feeling numb in the evenings when I sit and watch tv. It is not painful, but very uncomfortable and I find myself moving around the whole evening trying to get comfortable. I am wondering if an inversion table would help me? I have always had a fear of being on one and it failing and hitting the ground head first. I also don't like the feeling of all my blood being in my head. Does that feeling go away as you build up your amount of time on it?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have a problem with my right leg from the hip down and my left leg from the calf to the foot feeling numb...I have always had a fear of being on one and it failing and hitting the ground head first. I also don't like the feeling of all my blood being in my head. Does that feeling go away as you build up your amount of time on it?
An inversion table helps stretch a compressed hip socket, which is frequently the cause of nerve pressure (numbness) in the legs.

Fear of inversion tables may be from being on one that felt flimsy. Kettler (made in Germany) is so incredibly solid and sturdy feeling, I got my 76 y/o friend to hop on mine. They are not cheap, but worth every penny. Moderator cut: can't tell if affiliate marketing and thus ad

Your body's circulation quickly adjusts to being inverted. Remember, we were all upside down for weeks or even months while in utero

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-02-2013 at 07:57 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I have one but I never use it. I was on it one time a had a feeling in my eye that felt like a blood vessel ruptured. My eye was fine when I looked in the mirror but I never tried it again.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 PM

27 posts, read 74,115 times
Question for you guys.

I just bought an inversion table, still decently young 28... i have a sciatic nerve in the lower right back. What would be some of your guys recommendations on the right amount of time and session frequency to start using the table at to relieve this pain?

Thanks

Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcrash29 View Post
Question for you guys.

I just bought an inversion table, still decently young 28... i have a sciatic nerve in the lower right back. What would be some of your guys recommendations on the right amount of time and session frequency to start using the table at to relieve this pain?

Thanks
I've been using one for about 3 years. Depending on how I feel, the angle and amount of time I spend on it is never the same on any given day. So my advice is to start slow and always listen to your body. Come up anytime you feel discomfort (esp w/ blood flow) relax, breathe, and start again. Sometimes it's best to not fully invert until your circulation has had time to adjust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness