Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:58 PM

5 posts, read 12,258 times

Advertisements

HARISON provide high quality fitness equipment. Like treadmill, indoor

cycling bike, stair stepper, elliptical, inverstion table and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 04:43 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
I had a Teeter Hang up for a while and my problem with it was, although it did seem to help my back, at least temporarily, it also pulled on my hernia mesh repair.

When you stretch.....it stretches everything.

I had to give it up because the pain of it pulling on my hernia wasn't worth the benefit on my back.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:23 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,856 times
I have often wondered if inversion would help. I’m 58 and have some back problems. The thought of my back stretching and being un-scrunched seems wonderful.

I also now have bad knees. I was going to PT, where among other things, I would dangle my legs off off the “table” with weights on my ankles in order to try to get even the least little bit more space in my knee (where there is no more cartilage). BTW, that DOES make my knees feel better for awhile.

Anyway, since I’ve never been inverted, is a person “locked in” by their ankles? I’m thinking that if that’s the case, it just might be helpful for my knees. Since it stretches the spine, can anyone comment on it “stretching” knees?

Thanks a bunch for any input.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 5,462 times
The more expensive Teeter model is on sale right now on the Costco website. It started on 3.3.19 and goes for a few weeks. Almost 25% off and returns are easy.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:18 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post

Doesn't work for everyone, but it sure has for me. Thought I would share my results.

I have been very interested in getting one for some time now. Glad you had positive results. I have been doing "homemade" hand/head stands and even with those I can definitely feel the decompression. Will have to get an inversion table too.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:01 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I have been very interested in getting one for some time now. Glad you had positive results. I have been doing "homemade" hand/head stands and even with those I can definitely feel the decompression. Will have to get an inversion table too.
You can buy the anti-gravity boots and use them on the parallel bars at a playground or school. I still have mine from the 80's. They cost about three times what they originally cost.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,535 times
Default The Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I was only on an inversion table once, many many years ago. I have had a problem with my right leg from the hip down and my left leg from the calf to the foot feeling numb in the evenings when I sit and watch tv. It is not painful, but very uncomfortable and I find myself moving around the whole evening trying to get comfortable. I am wondering if an inversion table would help me? I have always had a fear of being on one and it failing and hitting the ground head first. I also don't like the feeling of all my blood being in my head. Does that feeling go away as you build up your amount of time on it?
Brokencrayola: After five weeks of thrashing about the internet, I finally found someone with an experience similar to mine. I have numbness and tingling from the right hip down through the toes. Also, I have numbness from the left knee down. In addition, the left knee sometimes buckles under weight. To date, I have seen six doctors, including an neurologist, and had two MRIs. Nothing can be found wrong. I am considering an inversion table to address this issue, and for general health. Did an inversion table assist you with this problem? If not, did you find another solution? Any information would be appreciated. Yours truly. SomebodySomething.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:02 AM

33 posts, read 220,716 times
Default my personal experience with inversion table

I just want to share my personal experience using the inversion table. I suffered from Spondylolisthesis few years back that makes me unable to walk more than 10-15 minutes without sitting. the pain went from my lower back to my hip down to my right leg. I went to chiropractor for about 3 months without significant changes on my back pain condition. My friend at church lent me his inversion table to use. After using it for about a month, the pain is completely gone and I was able to walk normally again. I stopped using it for a while and now the pain returned although no as intense as before. I just bought myself the table from Amazon and start exercising again. Hopefully it will get me back on track soon. Before using this table, you need to be aware of medical conditions such as high blood pressure, glaucoma or heart problem. If you had one of these, avoid this therapy. Start slow and short and gradually increase your time and angle. Good start is 1-3 minutes at first at 15-30 degrees angle. after you are comfortable with it, increase again. Add some breathing exercise when doing this to improve the effectiveness as breathing will open/close the nerves spine canal. In the past I was able to get it around 15 minutes at 65 degree angles. I never did full inversion. when you feel the pain is gone, continue to exercise once or twice in a couple week for maintenance to keep your back in proper condition.

Last edited by fe1ixs; 05-04-2020 at 08:56 AM..

Old 05-05-2020, 06:07 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
You at lucky. An inversion table has the opposite effect on me. My ex-girlfriend bought one for me years ago after a few accidents and herniated discs caused a lot of back pain. It was painful as hell.years later, I went for spinal decompression, which I assume something similar to the table. Being stretched out was fine but as soon as the decompression ended and I went back into compressed, I was nearly paralyzed and could not leave the chiropractor’s office for half an hour, while I iced my back. Happened two more times and never did it again.

Enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness