Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 01:09 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
LOL..Hey Tek-Freek...I'm 51 and I always ask to be place at the younger folks table for event such as weddings, holidays, etc, etc ..Because I really don't want hear about who just pasted or going to die, cancer or who just had a heart attack...No I'm not heartless and there a place for those topics and I don't want feel depressed on such occasions , so yes please do seat me with the kids, teenagers because they are in the living and at this stage in life that's where I need to be.... Ok rant over....

PS~ That was a lovely display KathrynAragon. as always~~ ..
It is funny how when you are a kid, you do everything humanly possible to become an adult, but as soon as you are adult, you do everything humanly possible to become a kid again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 01:11 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Early Birthday Present from Hubby~I wanted add color... ~ One of a kind original paintings by Kris Vermeer~Love Em ~~ Kris Vermeer - Home
Beautiful lamp.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:16 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,594,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It is funny how when you are a kid, you do everything humanly possible to become an adult, but as soon as you are adult, you do everything humanly possible to become a kid again.

LOL..~ Tell me~~..The kids table the best, no one judges you for trying out all the deserts...

Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Beautiful lamp.

Thank you~ I love it to and kept my eyes on for two years before the gal marked it down to a price I felt comfy with.. It was pretty funny because she tell me, you know that lamp must have your name on it because I get a lot lookers yet it still here, so please buy it already......So I think she was shocked the day I said yes lol...

Old 04-07-2015, 01:27 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
What did I start with all this talk about the kitty table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Last of six. 20 years difference between oldest and youngest.

I was still eating at the kiddie table as a young adult.

I, too was the last of 6-but there is 12 years between oldest & youngest. I joke how my mother was perpetually pregnant during the '50s. I think there were very few pics of her when she WASN'T pregnant and that was usually right after she came home with a new baby in her arms.

Cat

Old 04-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
What did I start with all this talk about the kitty table?

I, too was the last of 6-but there is 12 years between oldest & youngest. I joke how my mother was perpetually pregnant during the '50s. I think there were very few pics of her when she WASN'T pregnant and that was usually right after she came home with a new baby in her arms.

Cat

LOL..Sound like my mom and kinda like myself.. LOL

Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,362,113 times
Right now I'm having my sister prime the bathroom walls so she can paint the walls.

The crappy contractor and his awful help painted the walls without primer. The area of the wall near the window started accumulating moisture and the paint began to peel. So I'm fixing that and she's beginning to prime the walls of the area that's not getting fixed.

Husband and I tried to take down the medicine cabinet today. So we unscrew the thing and pull---to no avail. I think they somehow also glued the thing to the wall. Sigh. (GREAT! Because I got Pottery Barn to agree to replace my medicine cabinet because it was starting to yellow and had some cracks on the inside.) And when you look between the medicine cabinet and light fixture, there is a gap from when these morons first messed something else up, which I hadn't really noticed because you have to kind of be standing ON the toilet to see it. (Which, surprise, isn't something I usually do.)

I really have NO INTEREST in doing the kitchen.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Ouch!

I keep finding stupid, sloppy work by the crew that worked on our house last summer. Wish I would have been here to make them fix it as they were working. A good reason to live with the hassle.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:38 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,837,514 times
We tend to use the last name of the previous owners as a swear word when dealing with problems. Although, to be fair, some of the problems date back to the first remodel, circa 1970, which was before their time.

At least the basic house was well-built in 1962 - back when beautiful clear old-growth timber was still being used. The 2x12 floor joists are a thing of beauty.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 PM

Ahhhh. Someone else that sees the beauty of joists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating