Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 06:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Thanks, folks!

See, this is something I really like about blue - that it goes with so many different colors.

For a long time, probably twenty years, I coupled my blue mostly with green, which is very calming (white trim). I still love blue and green together and my living room walls are green, but adding the orange, which I didn't do till about two years ago, really gives it a punch!

In the winter and spring, I tone down the orange by taking out throw pillows and some other accessories. I add more brown during the winter, and put away some of my blue and orange stuff, and get more of a brown, green and white mix. (I actually switch out my lamps then, because my living room lamps, with their orange shades, are a pretty stout punch!) In the spring I add in more blue accessories but no orange, and take away most of the brown, and the palette looks more blue and green. In the summer and fall, I throw that orange in, in abundance!

I love accessories. I have a freaking accessory closet that has about 20 pillows in it, and all sorts of doodads! I'm deranged, I guess, but it's fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:34 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Default Yipee. I figured out how to post pix from the ipad.

Here's some blue-ness from my house. Too bad I cant get them straight.

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-24-2020 at 07:07 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Here's some blue-ness from my house. Too bad I cant get them straight.
Oh my gosh, I love those blue crystals on that chandelier!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,022,739 times
I agree - cool crystals - so unique.

I have my blue stuff packed because I'll be putting this house on the market in the spring. You know the rule - get rid of all excess including stuff in the the kitchen cupboards. I have a set of blue/white dishes with cobalt blue glassware that I had stored in the kitchen and would use for outdoor get togethers. I don't have a blue kitchen at this house - it just didn't work in this house.

I did pull out a few pieces for the BR but now must decide if I sell the excess or not. Have to keep it all as clutter free as possible.

I like the orange accent idea - good combo with blue & green. So many colors to consider.

OK - I have work to do - see you ya later.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh my gosh, I love those blue crystals on that chandelier!!!!!!!!
Thanks. They have them at chandelierparts.com. I think they're called raindrops.

No end to the things one could dangle them from. LOL

Old 09-13-2016, 11:05 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
I had originally wanted a darker blue in the rug.

But now I am being swayed also toward teal/aqua.

Picture it---Sicily, 1922. A young girl has a dark brown leather sofa (beige rug underneath---to neutralize the rug under the dining table that is a few feet away from it) and also had a dark brown dining table. Actually, all of the furniture is dark. She was thinking about a dark blue punctuated with some orange. But now she doesn't know! She is not really a BRIGHT color person, so she thinks she might not like bright colors everywhere.

And now she's very tired and still deciding whether or not to listen to a webinar on biomarkers of sepsis. It's not for CE so I am leaning towards a big fat NO. OMG and it's silent after listening to people for ten minutes say "HELLO?" back and forth to each other to test the microphone? I'm out!

Old 09-13-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I had originally wanted a darker blue in the rug.

But now I am being swayed also toward teal/aqua.

Picture it---Sicily, 1922. A young girl has a dark brown leather sofa (beige rug underneath---to neutralize the rug under the dining table that is a few feet away from it) and also had a dark brown dining table. Actually, all of the furniture is dark. She was thinking about a dark blue punctuated with some orange. But now she doesn't know! She is not really a BRIGHT color person, so she thinks she might not like bright colors everywhere.

And now she's very tired and still deciding whether or not to listen to a webinar on biomarkers of sepsis. It's not for CE so I am leaning towards a big fat NO. OMG and it's silent after listening to people for ten minutes say "HELLO?" back and forth to each other to test the microphone? I'm out!
LOL go teal - more calming.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:14 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,835 times
My favorite blue has a lot of grey in it. I have used this blue color tone in my master bedroom, master bath, porch, one of the guest baths and the gym.

If you look in my closet you will find over half my clothes are some shade of blue.
I also have a blue car, blue golf cart and 2 blue bikes.
Attached Thumbnails
Who likes blue?-master-bedroom-entry.jpg   Who likes blue?-master-bath.jpg   Who likes blue?-gym.jpg   Who likes blue?-spa-bath.jpg   Who likes blue?-lanai-1-show.jpg  

Who likes blue?-cars-show.png  

Old 09-14-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
My favorite blue has a lot of grey in it. I have used this blue color tone in my master bedroom, master bath, porch, one of the guest baths and the gym.

If you look in my closet you will find over half my clothes are some shade of blue.
I also have a blue car, blue golf cart and 2 blue bikes.
LOL my kinda person! (Beautiful home by the way.)

I too have a wardrobe that includes tons of blue. I have a blue car too.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:11 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL go teal - more calming.
Well, I had a list of potential rugs. I told my husband to pick his favorites. And I would go back the next day and pick my favorites.

We always joke that whatever one likes or loves the other with dislike or hate.

So naturally, we went completely different directions, but we matched on one, so that one is the automatic winner! (Navy, BTW.) But I think teal/aqua/whatever may make an appearance in other ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating