Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 11:38 AM

892 posts, read 483,698 times

Advertisements

how does one get bedbug-infested material disposed of safely, as with regular trash take-away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 01:23 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Bag what you can if it will be sitting waiting for pickup. At the waste site, it makes no

Old 05-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Thank you, Harry. just recently heard from a tenant acquaintance that "Recology" will pick up such stuff with no charge.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:15 PM

what is a good way to scrape off bedbug eggs without damaging wall paint?

Old 07-30-2019, 09:22 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
I've removed fly frass with ammonia and sp*c-n-span, but I would suspect those eggs would be adhered with something similar to lac, (as in the derivative shellac). If so, denatured alcohol would be a solvent. Whether paint would be damaged is an entirely different matter and depends on the paint and support and the amount of scrubbing. You do have a bedbug problem, don't you?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:59 PM

Thank you for the input, Harry. good point about the type of paint; i believe it's latex-based.
i've been trying with a medium bristle toothbrush, with some success, and the usual diluted baking soda combo up to now.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:02 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
When it comes to pests and insects you want to rid yourself of, go to BUGSPRAY.COM. It's a retail store in Stone Mountain, GA, and they're the largest seller of termicide in the U.S. online.

The owner is an ex-pest control guy, and he's written tutorials on how to get rid of 150+ pests and bugs. He also sells the products and traps to get rid of them.

Most people don't realize that pest control outfits are more insurance company than pest eradicators. They do not use the really good pesticides because of (1) company policy and fear of litigation, or (2) local government regulations.

BugSpray.com sells the really great chemicals that get rid of your little enemies. We had a problem with tiny roaches in the kitchen, and fought them with over the counter pesticides for weeks. BugSpray sold me a little syringe, and I put a small dollop on each side of my refrigerator and dishwasher on the floor. The next morning, roaches were everywhere on their backs writhing in pain on the way to their quick deaths. I was impressed.

They also taught me how to treat my home for termites after a couple of minor infestations. Saved me $1,200 over getting a professional to treat the foundation--a simple project.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:47 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
I recently have seen a couple (always, always just one at a time, and not everyday) the big roaches, that could be like the Palmettos bugs.

I do see that a few have been caught by glue traps which were laid down along the baseboards for another purpose.

So, regarding the boric acid and pyrethrum spray for roaches....

Do I absolutely HAVE to go into cabinets (my food cabinets are full. So to be honest I'd rather not do a complete empty out).....or....

Can I just spray the pyrethrum and and lay down the boric acid along the kitchen cabinet floor molding? And around the kitchen floor baseboards in general? (And under the sink).

I'll lay it all around the house if I have to. I just don't want to have to go digging into cabinets.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2020, 07:07 PM

3,605 posts, read 1,655,075 times
My disabled brother had a horrible bed bug infestation...they are the hardest pest to get rid of other than termites! Was smashing them with blood everywhere for months, but the sneaky/persistent buggers kept coming back...driving me crazy! Elderly mom paranoid about using chemical insecticides, so I bagged the box spring and mattress which helped. Then, put DIATOMACEOUS EARTH everywhere on bed with homemade duster and paint brush (is non-toxic but use filter mask when applying) daily along with all bedding (including bedspread) in dryer for over a month now. No bed bugs now for over a week! Be patient and consistent in applying it (kills in 7-17 days) and put it on for at least a month or more in bad infestations. A 10 dollar bag of DIATOMACEOUS EARTH at Home Depot will take care of bed bugs!!

https://buglord.com/how-to-use-diato...-to-kill-bugs/

Old 07-11-2020, 07:30 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,389,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
My disabled brother had a horrible bed bug infestation...they are the hardest pest to get rid of other than termites! Was smashing them with blood everywhere for months, but the sneaky/persistent buggers kept coming back...driving me crazy! Elderly mom paranoid about using chemical insecticides, so I bagged the box spring and mattress which helped. Then, put DIATOMACEOUS EARTH everywhere on bed with homemade duster and paint brush (is non-toxic but use filter mask when applying) daily along with all bedding (including bedspread) in dryer for over a month now. No bed bugs now for over a week! Be patient and consistent in applying it (kills in 7-17 days) and put it on for at least a month or more in bad infestations. A 10 dollar bag of DIATOMACEOUS EARTH at Home Depot will take care of bed bugs!!

https://buglord.com/how-to-use-diato...-to-kill-bugs/
a trick that worked for us to "starve" them the one time we had some. place two Tupperware containers under each leg of the bed. pour olive or vegetable oil in first container, put diatomaceous in the second one. place the diatomaceous container inside the oil container. (one container smaller than the oil container. ) place bed frame leg in there. bed bugs cannot get up your bed. move bed a few inches from wall. Good luck, I hate them more than any pest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House