Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 11:14 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Cool deflection attempt bro, I guess this means you're done talking about this fire and Lina?
You're very selective of what you want the government to regulate, as you are of when we should be "on-topic."

Quote:
We don't discriminate, you might but "we" don't. Speak for yourself.
I have a couple friends from high school who are moving to Florida for work, and have put their house in La Marque up for sale. You interested? Anyone here interested?

No?

Why not?

It's a really nice house, actually.

Is it something about La Marque? The light switches go on and off just like they do in Katy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 11:15 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2006718082958125

Quote:
HAPPENING NOW | Early this morning, ITC said they are facing a setback after a temporary reduction in water pressure caused the fire to intensify and spread overnight. On Monday, the company said they anticipated the fire being out in two days, although it's not clear if that will still be the case after last night's setback.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:16 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
The fire isn't even contained and you're acting like this company has gotten away with this without paying for the damage, don't you think that claim is a little premature? Carbon offset taxes are a complete joke, all that'll do is increase the cost of whatever they produce which means the consumer pays more and the companies keep doing what they want to.

Hint: All the fines and regulations in the world aren't going to put out that fire, democrats are the party that loves to tax anything and everything they can dream of to increase the amount of money they can waste on pet projects. Perhaps Lina Hidalgo should investigate whether this toxic black smoke is disproportionately being blown over lower income, poor communities by the racist gulf breeze.
Do you believe it's wise to keep electing politicians that want to gut the EPA?

Just answer this question, this will tell me all I need to know.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

I've never voted for or supported any politician that wanted to "gut the EPA".

Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM

2,002 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

What regulation did the EPA have in place, that doesn’t exist today, that 100 government employees could have prevented an industrial fire, do tell?

Old 03-19-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
What regulation did the EPA have in place, that doesn’t exist today, that 100 government employees could have prevented an industrial fire, do tell?
I'm expecting something deeply profound like "but Orange Man Bad!!!"

Old 03-19-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I've never voted for or supported any politician that wanted to "gut the EPA".
Right, and Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman. (See, I throw shade equally to all deserving targets)

Whose EPA was responsible for this? Who thought that some TCEQ vans roaming around flooded streets could gather better information than a modern NASA plane?

Probably people you voted for and support, from the sound of it.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 AM

1,965 posts, read 1,267,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The orange man surely isn't doing anything to make incidents like this less likely to happen in the future.
Quote:
I'm expecting something deeply profound like "but Orange Man Bad!!!"
The green man would just want to smash everything.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Right, and Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman. (See, I throw shade equally to all deserving targets)

Whose EPA was responsible for this? Who thought that some TCEQ vans roaming around flooded streets could gather better information than a modern NASA plane?

Probably people you voted for and support, from the sound of it.
Your own link discredits your claims.

Quote:
During Harvey’s aftermath, the TCEQ and the EPA used ground technology and also flew a single-engine plane that took photos and used infrared technology to monitor pollution levels.

The TCEQ said in a statement that the type of data the NASA plane collects isn’t useful to determine impacts to public health because “it monitors air quality at flying altitude, not ground levels where people are located.”

The agency added that NASA’s offer of data collection was made two weeks after the storm and they were proposing to fly even later.

The statement also said that the data collected by the TCEQ and the EPA through various means, including helicopters equipped with Forward-Looking Infrared (FLIR) cameras, the EPA’s Airborne Spectral Photometric Environmental Collection Technology (ASPECT) plane, the TCEQ’s air monitoring network and investigator teams on the ground, “were useful in determining sources of concern so that teams could be sent to investigate further.”
There wasn't just some "TCEQ vans roaming around flooded streets", once again you're trying too hard and again you are wrong.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
The green man would just want to smash everything.
Both the Hulk and Strong from Fallout 4.

Why human burn chem-uh-cul place? Make too much black smoke. Make Strong's nose hurt! Strong smash human if not fix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston