Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 12:22 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,882,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Conservatives like myself were all focused on the future when Lina Hidalgo (D) was elected as Harris County Judge. We knew damned well she couldn't handle the job and we were all right.
Progressives like myself were focused on the future when we voted for Beto instead of Cruz. We knew damn well he couldn't handle the job and we were right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I've got an MSEE and you paid for most of it, what does that have to do with Lina Hidalgo having no experience whatsoever in emergency management?

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/feature...CdMwgzJpJ2EgXY

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.mase...7102679443048/
Name the school!

I went to CMU better than your school I bet and Stanford is better than CMU.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Progressives like myself were focused on the future when we voted for Beto instead of Cruz. We knew damn well he couldn't handle the job and we were right.
Beto was a joke and he still is.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Name the school!

I went to CMU better than your school I bet and Stanford is better than CMU.
Stop trying to deflect away from the topic of this conversation, if you want to talk about our college educations start a thread about it and I'll participate as needed.

Lina's degree from Stanford doesn't mean anything right now, she's in deep over her head.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious that she isn't smart enough to schedule a kid's birthday party much less a chemical storage tank farm fire. Watching these updates would be hilarious if people lives weren't at risk because of this, she's clueless and unfit for this job just like we all suspected.
I should be lining one of these up on the street and not staying inside poking around on the Internet. That much isn't a joke. I might find something down here in that ****ty town that you say nobody should live in, what with most of this tracking well north.

Untitled by James Fremont, on Flickr

At least I have Sunday's haul to finish editing. I'll probably head back into Houston out tomorrow, smoke be damned.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:41 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,724,888 times
Emmett and one judge were the only Republicans I voted for. I think Emmett's leadership would be useful at a time like this, but I also wish the best to Hidalgo, who is learning a lot, I'm sure. With the kind of person Emmett is, I'm sure he's rooting for her, too, unlike the op who is using this thread to grind his already well known political axe.

The bigger issue here if you watch the video is that chem companies actually lobby congress to set fines at a sustainable rate, so that it's easier to just pollute and pay the fines than it is to actually clean up after themselves. That's our Republican legislature at work.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Stop trying to deflect away from the topic of this conversation, if you want to talk about our college educations start a thread about it and I'll participate as needed.

Lina's degree from Stanford doesn't mean anything right now, she's in deep over her head.
If you believe this it says more about your education than Lina's. The orange man has been in over his head since he took office, by the way.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Quote:
The orange man has been in over his head since he took office, by the way.
My nephew's upcoming eighth-grade summer reading assignment would be over the orange man's head.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
If you believe this it says more about your education than Lina's. The orange man has been in over his head since he took office, by the way.
I'm not talking about Lina's education, I'm talking about her experience. I'm sure she's great with political science and would make a great community organizer just like the light brown man was but she's a **** poor emergency management leader.

I have more emergency management experience than Lina Hidalgo has but that has nothing to do with my formal education, she's gained most of her very limited experience since this fire started on Sunday.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about Lina's education, I'm talking about her experience. I'm sure she's great with political science and would make a great community organizer just like the light brown man was but she's a **** poor emergency management leader.

I have more emergency management experience than Lina Hidalgo has but that has nothing to do with my formal education, she's gained most of her very limited experience since this fire started on Sunday.
OTJ training, Trump would know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston