Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:26 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
I had posted this communication earlier in this thread that I had w/ the WVDOH regarding the road upgrades. If I am reading this correctly, the DOH is not going to be doing any of the construction; they will only be approving/modifying the developer's plans to meet their specifications. They state that the schedule and construction will be established by the developer.

"Our Central Engineering Division has been working with the developer of the Tanyard Station Project to ensure proper traffic flow, reduce congestion and they provided the following information: “The modifications of the State Highway System associated with the development generally consist of addition of turn lanes along WV 193 and US 60, and signal installation/modification. We are finalizing with the developer the specific recommendations of the Developer’s Traffic Impact Study to verify that certain of the recommendations realistically can be implemented as proposed. The Developer will be responsible for submitting detailed construction plans for Division of Highways (DOH) review/approval pertaining to all work proposed along the State Highway System, and those plans would be submitted at whatever schedule the Developer desires to utilize. Once the DOH approves the plans (as they pertain to the DOH), the Developer then will be responsible for implementing those modifications at whatever construction schedule he desires to utilize. The DOH isn’t implementing the construction or administering the design of the construction and the schedules for plans and construction would be established by the Developer.”
If that is the case, I wonder why the developer has not started the road portion then, since it was said previously that the road construction could occur while the bat problem cleared up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 12:04 PM

530 posts, read 589,318 times
Exactly. That's a major question at this point and one that has never been addressed or investigated. Honestly, I expected more from Interstate Realty, I felt as if they were more distinguished and reputable than they have demonstrated with this project. Just seems as if there has been one misstep after another.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:18 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
FYI, the sitemap on the website has been updated yet again. A few major changes:
  • The overall scopes seems to have been pared down and the main shopping area has been shifted to the right.
  • There is now no furniture store, outdoors store, or a hotel.
  • There is still a grocery store, one sit-down restaurant, one fast food restaurant, and, of course, Sheetz.
  • The biggest change is the apparent anchor tenant is a home improvement store; would Lowe's or Home Depot be moving to that location?
All in all, it looks to be a disappointing update with no prospects of a moderate or major new retail draw. I'll still be happy if the grocery is Trader Joe's (which it very well could be still), but just about everything else seems lackluster.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:21 AM

51 posts, read 66,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
FYI, the sitemap on the website has been updated yet again. A few major changes:
  • The overall scopes seems to have been pared down and the main shopping area has been shifted to the right.
  • There is now no furniture store, outdoors store, or a hotel.
  • There is still a grocery store, one sit-down restaurant, one fast food restaurant, and, of course, Sheetz.
  • The biggest change is the apparent anchor tenant is a home improvement store; would Lowe's or Home Depot be moving to that location?
All in all, it looks to be a disappointing update with no prospects of a moderate or major new retail draw. I'll still be happy if the grocery is Trader Joe's (which it very well could be still), but just about everything else seems lackluster.
The new site plan on the website is not the same one that is seen in the news story that was previously posted on here. I am wondering if the plans they are putting on the website are just various ones they worked up and are not the actual final plan.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvilleGuy View Post
The new site plan on the website is not the same one that is seen in the news story that was previously posted on here. I am wondering if the plans they are putting on the website are just various ones they worked up and are not the actual final plan.
These look to be the new plans, the plans are dated 9/8/2016.

The home improvement place could be a Menards, they are currently working on trying to build in Wheeling, so it would make since for them to build more in the state now that they seem to be entering it.

How close is an Aldi's to the property? They have announced that they are expanding in the state.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:29 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,039,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
These look to be the new plans, the plans are dated 9/8/2016.

The home improvement place could be a Menards, they are currently working on trying to build in Wheeling, so it would make since for them to build more in the state now that they seem to be entering it.

How close is an Aldi's to the property? They have announced that they are expanding in the state.
I heard that Wheeling is getting a Menards too, at their rapidly growing Highlands development. Also, I heard a rumor that Morgantown is getting a second Aldi's so they do seem to be expanding in West Virginia. There very well could be one going in there.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:44 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
Aldi's is expanding, but everyone related to the development have been touting that the tenants would be new to the area and to the state - that it would be a destination. There's an Aldi in Huntington and the new one in Scott Depot, so it would make sense to put one there. But it would be underwhelming, to say the least.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Aldi's is expanding, but everyone related to the development have been touting that the tenants would be new to the area and to the state - that it would be a destination. There's an Aldi in Huntington and the new one in Scott Depot, so it would make sense to put one there. But it would be underwhelming, to say the least.
I wonder how much that stays true now with the new plans. To bad the company is TERRIBLE at communication.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:31 PM

456 posts, read 602,265 times
I would say the grocery store is trader Joe's. Menards does own property at the Highlands in Wheeling but who knows if and when that happens. right now the people that were to put in the Wild Escape theme park at the highlands is suing the highlands. the highlands is also suing them for holding up the building of Menards. so who knows when that will happen if ever. they were originally supposed to have it finished by the end of this year. I would say that since they are now looking at a sports store by Huntington Mall that was the one originally going in at Tanyard. The new plans look less exciting and it looks like it will be far less exciting and end up having the same old stores just in different locations. you would think they could announce the ones signed and start the road work. it is a shame some of the larger cities in West Virginia can't or wouldn't attract better shopping and dining.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
I stated in a previous post that I felt that if the Field and Stream rumors for the Huntington Mall are true that it would put an end to the rumors of an outdoors store at Tanyard.

It would make sense for Aldi to put a store in Barboursville. I know that Aldi doesn't have the same buzz of a Trader Joe's but either are good stores.

I hadn't thought about a Menard's store. I missed the information that they are planning to expand in to WV and further East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington