Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
huffbuffer - making up stories does not provide "a good read for everyone", especially not when you 'stretch' a story to disparage nice people and a successful business. Making up stuff seems to be a pattern with you, which IMO diminishes the utility of the forum.

BTW, the C-D Terms of Service prohibit "consumer complaints", so I'm pretty sure the mods would frown on false consumer complaints.
Bravo. Thanks Reactionary! It needs to be said MORE on here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dweller View Post
This is a very interesting thread. I read it last week and happened to be in the 565 location for lunch today. I asked our server, a sweet older country lady, if the other location had the same menu. She said, "oh no, thems fightin words round here. our food is better and cheaper too".

I forgot to look for the article in the lobby about the feud. I will have to go back to read it and have a few hushpups. Absolutely delicious.

How did you have lunch at a restaurant that is CLOSED?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM

42 posts, read 62,110 times
The one directly off 565 is not CLOSED. It is the old Hwy 20 location that is closed.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:23 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
The one directly off 565 is not CLOSED. It is the old Hwy 20 location that is closed.
Jesus. Don't start.

I'm hoping you just got confused.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:28 PM

44 posts, read 59,191 times
A good buddy just told me they are shutting down. I hope he is pulling my chain. Tried to call and verify and phone is disconnected. Was there really a fire?? This is too strange.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Actually, the one off 565 that you ate at the other day (or so stated) has been closed since early August due to a kitchen fire.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG3jonesvalley View Post
A good buddy just told me they are shutting down...
I never got a chance to try the place - we always go to the original location - "Greenbrier Restaurant."
I believe the newer location, and original name, is "Greenbrier Bar B Que."

Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
I have called in the past, but never had anyone pick up and the last visit to the location had zero people there.

No construction, no staff.

I hope they are not shutting down.

All of this is pertaining to the 565 location.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM

375 posts, read 513,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I have called in the past, but never had anyone pick up and the last visit to the location had zero people there.

No construction, no staff.

I hope they are not shutting down.

All of this is pertaining to the 565 location.
I would guess they are done at this juncture then since they've been closed for over a month. Plus, I haven't seen any indication in the times that I've ridden by that they've even been working to repair the damage from the kitchen incident on 9 August. Maybe there was more damage than originally thought and maybe just maybe the impending insurance settlement makes it easier for them to just walk away rather than remodel/restart the business.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:25 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,289 times
It may have been a "Mr Turk hits the Dunkin Donuts" moment, allowing a struggling business the opportunity to duck out.

Next to last paragraph, it'd take a few weeks to a couple of months to re-open. Never re-opened.

I'm not making fun of Mr. Turk, btw. I'm a friend of a friend of his son and understand he was a pleasant individual on a social basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area