Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 05:21 PM

13,208 posts, read 9,770,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I hope the place also does well, but I tend to think these food halls do better when in downtown metro areas where there are lots of people living and working around them.
I'd forgotten all about Stovehouse. Whether it will do well remains to be soon. Apparently, from what I've heard, the Campus 805 is doing well, and the location is kind of on the far fringe of downtown. I've always thought the area was a little seedy, but maybe all this development will improve things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 11:42 AM

6 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I'd forgotten all about Stovehouse. Whether it will do well remains to be soon. Apparently, from what I've heard, the Campus 805 is doing well, and the location is kind of on the far fringe of downtown. I've always thought the area was a little seedy, but maybe all this development will improve things.
Gentrification

Old 04-18-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-ray Dash View Post
Gentrification
I've never understood why gentrification is so controversial. It improves the bad ... good for everybody.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
I've never understood why gentrification is so controversial. It improves the bad ... good for everybody.
Probably because of all the hipsters with their well-groomed, big beards. That gets old after one or two times.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:41 PM

618 posts, read 541,593 times
Quote:
Argument I have heard is that it can drive renters out of the area as property values rise. They get uprooted and have to find some where else to live. Not saying I agree, but that is one of the arguments against. Personally I think gentrification is more good than bad.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:13 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Gentrification just moves the problem.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:03 PM

889 posts, read 2,408,559 times
Quote:
West Huntsville in general is definitely "gentrifying." That's a loaded term to many, but mostly good as far as I am concerned. WH is the most diverse part of town overall I'd say. And with Lowe Mill, Campus 805, and the Stovehouse as anchors, this area can be really hot with young professionals. Also, as someone mentioned before, UAH and downtown are just 5 minutes away. As a West Huntsville (with a capital W, as I always say) native and business owner, it's cool to see businesses and people coming back and reinvesting in the area. It's great that the Downtown Huntsville community has embraced the area and includes it in it's marketing. But it will always be "West Huntsville" to me.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
West Huntsville in general is definitely "gentrifying." That's a loaded term to many, but mostly good as far as I am concerned. WH is the most diverse part of town overall I'd say. And with Lowe Mill, Campus 805, and the Stovehouse as anchors, this area can be really hot with young professionals. Also, as someone mentioned before, UAH and downtown are just 5 minutes away. As a West Huntsville (with a capital W, as I always say) native and business owner, it's cool to see businesses and people coming back and reinvesting in the area. It's great that the Downtown Huntsville community has embraced the area and includes it in it's marketing. But it will always be "West Huntsville" to me.
Are you including Triana Blvd between Governors and Bob Wallace in West Huntsville? That always seemed like a "little downtown" to me, especially around the old theater. It had a C on it, and I think the name was Central. I assumed it was the center of one of the old mill towns. I first moved to town in 1966 and lived in an apartment on Clopton, and it was a safe area then. And isn't there some revitalization going on with the nice old mill houses from there south to Drake?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM

46 posts, read 57,120 times
Quote:
Are you including Triana Blvd between Governors and Bob Wallace in West Huntsville? That always seemed like a "little downtown" to me, especially around the old theater. It had a C on it, and I think the name was Central. I assumed it was the center of one of the old mill towns. I first moved to town in 1966 and lived in an apartment on Clopton, and it was a safe area then. And isn't there some revitalization going on with the nice old mill houses from there south to Drake?
That little corridor with the old buildings has so much potential for revitalization.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:06 PM

117 posts, read 317,495 times
As hinted by several sources, Rascal Flatts live music restaurant might come to Midcity Huntsville. There is only one restaurant currently in Stamford, CT and it seems like it is also planning to open in multiple major cities.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh...tys-music.html
Is Huntsville's music landscape set for radical change? | AL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area