Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 09:30 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,869,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
I get really irritated with ignorance, laziness and people that don't know what they are talking about, so yes, I will be watching the interior decorator very closely to see what she does.

She needs to be able to take harsh criticism- I can yell and bellitle people sometimes but not in a mean way-it is my way of providing constructive criticism.

People say my personality reminds them of Chef Gordon Ramsey or Simon Cowell.
Sounds like your way may be the high way. Please keep us posted with before and after pictures.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:29 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
I get really irritated with ignorance, laziness and people that don't know what they are talking about, so yes, I will be watching the interior decorator very closely to see what she does.

She needs to be able to take harsh criticism- I can yell and bellitle people sometimes but not in a mean way-it is my way of providing constructive criticism.

Assuming she is a good interior decorator, she has plenty of work like everyone else right now. She won't stick around long if you start running your mouth. Most people will not tolerate such behavior. If Gordon Ramsey really acted that way in real life, he would be missing teeth and have a crooked nose by now.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:55 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
Quote:

So you haven't learned how to deal with people in a mature manner. Good luck finding someone who wants to work with or for you.

Ramsey and Cowell get paid for giving harsh criticism. How about you?

Old 09-21-2022, 05:08 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Why do y'all assume the interior decorator will be a "she?"
There are accomplished male and female interior decorators and interior designers, even in this podunk backwater area.
And there is a big difference between a decorator and designer. In this state, interior decorators are usually found at furniture stores, and have little training. Anyone can declare themselves an interior decorator. Interior designers have bachelor's degrees and must be certified by the American Society of Interior Designers. When you see a person's name with ASID after it, that's what it means.
ASID members often independent business people, but they can also work for other businesses, such as architectural firms and, yes, furniture stores.
But the OP probably already knew that.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:10 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Oh I'm sure....LOL!

Old 09-21-2022, 05:16 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
The OP can get an on-line decorator from anyplace, I used an on-line decorator years ago and it was a great experience, it sounds like the more distance between them the better, lol.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:00 AM

130 posts, read 105,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
The OP can get an on-line decorator from anyplace, I used an on-line decorator years ago and it was a great experience, it sounds like the more distance between them the better, lol.
I don't need an online decorator, I can do a much better work on my own than any of them, especially people that do not have any understanding of modern design.

What I was hoping to find is someone relatively young in need of an unique project that could be added to her portfolio-sort of like a paid internship if you will.

My ideas are way ahead of most people in this area anyways-right now, I am looking at kitchen designs with Samsung Bespoke appliances fully integrated with the kitchen cabinets and wood slat walls and panels.

I have not seen one home yet in this area with a wood slat kitchen island, so the styles I am seeing here are about ten years outdated.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I don't need an online decorator, I can do a much better work on my own than any of them, especially people that do not have any understanding of modern design.

What I was hoping to find is someone relatively young in need of an unique project that could be added to her portfolio-sort of like a paid internship if you will.

My ideas are way ahead of most people in this area anyways-right now, I am looking at kitchen designs with Samsung Bespoke appliances fully integrated with the kitchen cabinets and wood slat walls and panels.

I have not seen one home yet in this area with a wood slat kitchen island, so the styles I am seeing here are about ten years outdated.
What on earth is a wood slat kitchen island? Never mind - there is always Google. Is this what you consider ultra modern? BTW - Whoever wants to clean that is welcome to it. My folks had the matchy matchy fronts for kitchen and laundry appliances in the 70s. 2-3 years into it you have surface issues.

Sounds like you are looking for a freebie you can boss around. Best of luck.

Last edited by Threestep2; 09-22-2022 at 07:31 AM..

Old 09-22-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Why do y'all assume the interior decorator will be a "she?"
There are accomplished male and female interior decorators and interior designers, even in this podunk backwater area.
And there is a big difference between a decorator and designer. In this state, interior decorators are usually found at furniture stores, and have little training. Anyone can declare themselves an interior decorator. Interior designers have bachelor's degrees and must be certified by the American Society of Interior Designers. When you see a person's name with ASID after it, that's what it means.
ASID members often independent business people, but they can also work for other businesses, such as architectural firms and, yes, furniture stores.
I am with you. It sounds like OP wants to put lipstick on a pig.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:14 AM

38 posts, read 42,943 times
Quote:

I suppose I too have a sixth sense in that I forsee you needing appliance replacements in the near future. Samsung makes terrible appliances. Lowes guy in Madison straight up refused to sell me a samsung fridge I had glanced at saying they had so many returns he didn't feel morally right selling it to me. Funny thing is, I was there buying a replacement fridge for the Samsung that just went out. There was no way I was buying another Samsung, but at least I knew the guy was honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area