Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 06:28 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeweg View Post
I suppose I too have a sixth sense in that I forsee you needing appliance replacements in the near future. Samsung makes terrible appliances. Lowes guy in Madison straight up refused to sell me a samsung fridge I had glanced at saying they had so many returns he didn't feel morally right selling it to me. Funny thing is, I was there buying a replacement fridge for the Samsung that just went out. There was no way I was buying another Samsung, but at least I knew the guy was honest.
Yeah, Samsung appliances are crap and have a really bad reputation. But....the OP has that sixth sense you know so it will all work out fine in this imaginary kitchen in that imaginary house of his. lol

Old 09-22-2022, 06:29 AM

130 posts, read 105,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeweg View Post
I suppose I too have a sixth sense in that I forsee you needing appliance replacements in the near future. Samsung makes terrible appliances. Lowes guy in Madison straight up refused to sell me a samsung fridge I had glanced at saying they had so many returns he didn't feel morally right selling it to me. Funny thing is, I was there buying a replacement fridge for the Samsung that just went out. There was no way I was buying another Samsung, but at least I knew the guy was honest.
Let me set you on the right path, if you would, please. The Samsung Bespoke line has nothing to do with previous models, it is not fair to create a false perception of an entire brand based on one bad experience.

All the Samsung Bespoke models have solid 5 star reviews on several sites- You can go to Best Buy if you think the reviews on the Samsung website may be biased.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
Let me set you on the right path, if you would, please. The Samsung Bespoke line has nothing to do with previous models, it is not fair to create a false perception of an entire brand based on one bad experience.

All the Samsung Bespoke models have solid 5 star reviews on several sites- You can go to Best Buy if you think the reviews on the Samsung website may be biased.
So you think that since Samsung added the ability to insert wood or composite panels to refrigerators, the mechanics of the appliances are better? I would imagine the internals are still basically the exact same as before. By the way, there is nothing revolutionary or modern about being able to insert panels in appliances. That has been around since at least the 80's and is a trend that pops up from time to time and then quickly dies. If you want a kitchen that will almost immediately look outdated, do appliances with panel inserts.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:19 AM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Yeah, Samsung appliances are crap and have a really bad reputation. But....the OP has that sixth sense you know so it will all work out fine in this imaginary kitchen in that imaginary house of his. lol
So are Samsung televisions, in my experience at least.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:26 AM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
The final answer is - get what you like. If you like ultra-modern, go for it. It's not for me, nor are the mountain chalet type houses. Apparently most people feel that way as well since they're very rare here. Not to mention an ultra-modern interior just doesn't "go" with a Greek Revival type house. Besides - not manyt folks want their house to look like it was furnished by Ikea.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The final answer is - get what you like. If you like ultra-modern, go for it. It's not for me, nor are the mountain chalet type houses. Apparently most people feel that way as well since they're very rare here. Not to mention an ultra-modern interior just doesn't "go" with a Greek Revival type house. Besides - not manyt folks want their house to look like it was furnished by Ikea.
That is true. The only one that has to be happy with it is the owner so if he likes it go for it. It is super rare to see a "modern" home around here or really anywhere in a large portion of the country. Decorating the interior of an existing non-modern style home with modern decor is just a really bad look. Like you said, it looks like it was ordered from Ikea. The modern style has always looked super cheap with a lack of style. What I have often wondered over the years is why is the same look is always called "Modern" but yet it has looked exactly the same for 40 years now? What is so "modern" about it if we can't tell whether it is a "Modern" home that was built in the 80's vs. one that was built last year? lol

Old 09-22-2022, 04:02 PM

130 posts, read 105,901 times
Quote:
That is true. The only one that has to be happy with it is the owner so if he likes it go for it. It is super rare to see a "modern" home around here or really anywhere in a large portion of the country. Decorating the interior of an existing non-modern style home with modern decor is just a really bad look. Like you said, it looks like it was ordered from Ikea. The modern style has always looked super cheap with a lack of style. What I have often wondered over the years is why is the same look is always called "Modern" but yet it has looked exactly the same for 40 years now? What is so "modern" about it if we can't tell whether it is a "Modern" home that was built in the 80's vs. one that was built last year? lol
You have no idea what you are talking about. Modern styles look cheap? Last time I was in Manhattan Beach, CA- they are building a lot of modern condos along the Strand- one I liked in particular is listed for $7 million.

I don't care if it is not common here or in most places, the masses have horrible taste when it comes to pretty much everything- I think for myself and I don't care what the majority is doing- Below is an example of a "cheap" looking modern condo on the Strand in Manhattan Beach, CA

https://kaadesigngroup.com/projects/...nd-the-strand/

Old 09-22-2022, 04:53 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
So you think that since Samsung added the ability to insert wood or composite panels to refrigerators, the mechanics of the appliances are better? I would imagine the internals are still basically the exact same as before. By the way, there is nothing revolutionary or modern about being able to insert panels in appliances. That has been around since at least the 80's and is a trend that pops up from time to time and then quickly dies. If you want a kitchen that will almost immediately look outdated, do appliances with panel inserts.

You mean like the appliance version of the old Country Squire station wagon?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You mean like the appliance version of the old Country Squire station wagon?
Yes exactly. lol

But I suspect he would be more apt to put crazy colored smooth panels in his and it would look like a day care center for toddlers in his kitchen.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Modern styles look cheap? Last time I was in Manhattan Beach, CA- they are building a lot of modern condos along the Strand- one I liked in particular is listed for $7 million.

I don't care if it is not common here or in most places, the masses have horrible taste when it comes to pretty much everything- I think for myself and I don't care what the majority is doing- Below is an example of a "cheap" looking modern condo on the Strand in Manhattan Beach, CA

https://kaadesigngroup.com/projects/...nd-the-strand/
Thanks for the link. That is a perfect example. Yep, cheap looking. It is cheap looking because lacks any form of style. That house looks like an office building and there will be little cubicles all in it with accountants tooling away with their work. The only thing that monstrosity has going for it is it happens to be on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area