Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:25 PM

567 posts, read 1,744,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Sarge, that's Market Street Cafe in Providence. Main Street Cafe is in Madison (with lots of recipes from her old restaurant in Decatur). It really is "Cheeburger Cheeburger" - it's a regional chain. And you're right - Grille 29 - the "e" added for...extra snobbiness?!?
My bad. Main Street I will have to try. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM

53 posts, read 141,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglover View Post
Dolce's/Ketchup and Cafe Laredo are owned by the same mother corp. I don't include the other restaurants in my assessment--disclaimer here--and I heard from many that Connor's was excellent--quality and price great.
CGlover, I don't believe Dolce Group has any affiliation with Cafe Laredo. They own 8 names and the next one they plan to open here is Rare 120, and it too will be at Bridge Street. Regardless, Connors is great and I tried Biscuits and Blues Cafe last week for lunch. It was good and the servings were a pretty good size. The story I heard was that it is family owned and they had lost their business in New Orleans during Katrina. I also enjoy Bone Fish Grill and 801 Franklin.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times
You're right bbfan--it's not--although I could have sworn I saw that it was when I went to the website a few months ago.

Bone Fish is good, but again, my pesky shellfish allergy prevents me from eating there. However, landry's provides a good menu for me when I go and they are very careful with food prep. their cedar planked salmon is awesome and i am a sucker for that honeymustard dressing they use in the table side tossed salad.

I add Landry's to the list.

I will have to tell my hubby about the Blues Cafe--another place I shall avoid due to the crawfish/shrimp broils--even the smell gags me. But DH and darling daughter can go there when I head out of town for business.

I'm definitely checking out 801 Franklin.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM

Just back from CheeburgerCheeburger -- had lunch there around 2p. Food really good, shakes and malts great, fries and onion rings yummy--waitress surly. Why? Is this part of the "ambience" or was it just a grumpy girl day? I almost didn't tip, but the former waitress in me gave her the benefit of the doubt.

That area is really cute and fun to tour. Gotta go back and try other spots there.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 AM

567 posts, read 1,744,531 times
CeeburgerCheeseburger is a little pricey for a burger, but is a very good burger. Love their onion rings. Bisons and Sonny G's also have same onion rings.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 AM

Where is Bisons and Sonny Gs?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 AM

142 posts, read 675,389 times
Default Gone fish'n

For fish, I enjoy GONE FISH'N at lunch.

Located in Madison on Madison Blvd, behind Golden Rule BBQ.

Very light, non greasy taste to their catfish and shrimp.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglover View Post
Where is Bisons and Sonny Gs?
Check out Google Maps:

bisons huntsville - Google Maps

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM

122 posts, read 354,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Check out Google Maps:

bisons huntsville - Google Maps

Bison's used to be Buffalo's Cafe. It is a shadow of its former self...I went once after the change and haven't been back. Has it gotten better?

Old 08-05-2008, 03:13 PM

262 posts, read 793,830 times
Bison's was (and this is a technical "foodie" description...LOL) "yucko" when we tried it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area