Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times

Advertisements

Guess I can skip Bisons LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 AM

567 posts, read 1,744,531 times
We ate there Friday night and I had eaten there before. I was not looking forward to it, but it turned out to be pretty good.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM

14 posts, read 43,129 times
I ate at Moglie's Italian Dining & Pub recently. Located at the corner of Airport and Whitesburg. It was *so good* that I went back a few days later with some girlfriends. We all loved it. Very small restaurant, but the food was excellent.

At the advice of the waiter, I tried the Mescaline salad. Best salad I have ever had! I can't remember all of the ingredients, all I know is that the blend of flavors was excellent :UP:

Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM

117 posts, read 446,708 times
We went to Cafe Michael last night. It is on hwy 431S in Brownsboro in the Interior Design building. CafeMichael.net The food was fabulous. They even made our daughter a PB&J sandwich and fresh fruit. He has cooking lessons on Monday and Tuesday nights. Last night he was giving a cooking lesson to a group of children. I asked if they have birthday party cooking lessons and they do for a different kind of BD party for children!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,586,502 times
There's a chef place for kids here in Madison as well--I'll try to remember to get the name in my brain next time I see it--Cafe Michael sounds great. Where is Brownsboro located in relation to Madison?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglover View Post
There's a chef place for kids here in Madison as well--I'll try to remember to get the name in my brain next time I see it--Cafe Michael sounds great. Where is Brownsboro located in relation to Madison?
Get off I-565 on Governors Drive. Stay on Governors over the mountain. This is in a sort of tiny "mall" on the right, just at the bottom of the mountain. Seriously, it's 4 or 5 tiny shops - cookware, home decorating etc. in a little mall arrangement. I went to a luncheon there when it was a different restaurant, and liked to never have found it (there's a colloquialism for ya!). Go on down the road and there is a FANTASTIC nursery on the right...can't remember the name, though.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM

14 posts, read 43,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Get off I-565 on Governors Drive. Stay on Governors over the mountain. This is in a sort of tiny "mall" on the right, just at the bottom of the mountain. Seriously, it's 4 or 5 tiny shops - cookware, home decorating etc. in a little mall arrangement. I went to a luncheon there when it was a different restaurant, and liked to never have found it (there's a colloquialism for ya!). Go on down the road and there is a FANTASTIC nursery on the right...can't remember the name, though.
I think the nursery is called The Greenery, and you are right. It is wonderful! So much more than just plants

Old 08-13-2008, 02:01 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,970 times
I don't think most of the restaurants are terribly overpriced at Bridgestreet they are high end restaurants PF Chang's and Connors are definitely not overpriced. I think everything is pretty reasonable, its not buffet food we are talking about. Catina Laredo and Scence Lounge ymaybe a little overpriced but not too bad. I do however think that Dolce and Ketchup are very overpriced. They are hollywood based restaurants but they should have realized despite Huntsville's high salaries most people here are pretty simple and aren't willing to pay for overpriced food (unless of course Rosies raises their prices :-)

Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,712 times
I just don't get the huge attraction to Rosies, but I'm used to more authentic fare...mole, goat cheese, onions and chilies. Simple. Hot. Home-style.

I'm going to try every Mexican place here where I see a majority of Mexicans eating. A very good indicator, at least in S. FL. (We'll see if that holds true in Huntsville.)

Star Chinese in Madison - will make Hunan Tofu and very well...

Po Boy's Factory up here in the northern area. Definitely not health food, but boy howdy, a treat.

Bandito Burrito Co. Quasi-Mexican. Bare bones, charming dive. Yummy Ranchero-ish sauce. The rice is perfect. The staff is friendly. No fuss, no glamour, weirdos welcome.

Can't get husband to eat at Bridge Street...Ketchup - $8.00 soup? Nope. We've already had enough of $7.00 cheese plates (in P.B.C., that consisted of three thin slices of cheddar cheese and a parsley sprig). Besides, I know how to make my own $8.00 soup, thanks to previously dating a chef or two...

I wish we had a Melting Pot here.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:10 PM

66 posts, read 216,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post

I wish we had a Melting Pot here.
Can you wait another month or two? There's one opening at Bridge Street this fall, in one of those second-floor spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area