Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:41 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,852,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
...IBM---Since, for some reason, you are being overly persistent---I would rather see an illegal alien go back to his/her own country and obey the law, which says that once you are deported, you have to wait 10 years to apply to come here legally. And after doing that, s/he gets denied a green card, then s/he stays in his/her own country, or applies to live in another country. Satisfied now?
No, because you seem to have a misunderstanding of "the law". Where are you sourcing this "once you are deported" and "you have to wait 10 years to apply to come here legally"? You're referring to bans (three years and ten years, depending on how much illegal presence they had) only applicable to the spouses of U.S. citizens. Even there, you can get a ban, and never have been deported.

Why be hypocritical enough to say that they should "come back legally" when you don't want that either? Should someone that has been an illegal alien (either EWI, or visa overstay) be allowed to return as a legal immigrant (some others are being a little slow to catch this nuance) at some later point in their lives? Does the conscience that would nag you over illegal entry into a country also squeak a little over being hypocritical and misphrasing laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,966,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
NO country allows illegal aliens. Even Mexico is tough on them. Hell; word is in Mexico a citizen CAN detain an illegal, we need that same law here in the US.
We already have the law on the books. Pennsylvania has one of the largest immigration detention centers in the country.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
We already have the law on the books. Pennsylvania has one of the largest immigration detention centers in the country.
And with the "citizens" here widely misunderstanding, misrepresenting, and misplacing "the law", it wouldn't be a functional way of doing things. Just a few days ago on here, comments degenerated to shooting "illegal aliens" again. We've also got the "electric fence" fallacy being posted again too.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:13 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
We are sending the wrong message to illegals if we allow them to be deported only to allow them to enter legally later. If one self deports then we'll never know so that isn't really an issue if they try to enter legally.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,924,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Then that law needs to be ENFORCED for ALL illegal aliens; not just Mexicans. Sheesh!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then that law needs to be ENFORCED for ALL illegal aliens; not just Mexicans. Sheesh!
There seems to be a lack of understanding the "law" for a few members on this topic, where they are quoting illogical combinations of data. Illegal immigration has the sad fate that people want to enclose it within hyperbole. Maybe if the discussion got a little more honest it could be debated better.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Thailand has a law that basically states. If you over stay your VISA you will be fined. Fines are compounded daily. If you don't have the money and or assets to cover it, you get to stay in the monkey house, or the Bangkok Hilton for a while. You are then deported and never allowed to re-enter again.
This is not inhumane, harsh or unreasonable. It looks out for the best interests of Thailand.
Illegals are not rewarded or treated like victims. They are treated like they are criminals, which they are.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 PM

22,490 posts, read 12,039,050 times
[quote=IBMMuseum;34072953]It hasn't made me any less moral, and doesn't weigh on my conscience at all. There's only one case of a country where I made "illegal entry" that I can talk about anyway. I was right on the border, but walking back and forth through the desert probably would have got me shot eventually.

----------------------

If it doesn't weigh on your conscience, it does make you less moral. You have no business entering another country illegally. Nobody in this world has that right.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If it doesn't weigh on your conscience, it does make you less moral. You have no business entering another country illegally. Nobody in this world has that right.
Ehhh, blame it on my command. I rest easier knowing that neutralizing those weapons saved some lives. If you say that makes me less moral, whatever.

So what is all that mix up in your statements earlier, about ten year bans and deportation?...

Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,924,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ehhh, blame it on my command. I rest easier knowing that neutralizing those weapons saved some lives. If you say that makes me less moral, whatever.

So what is all that mix up in your statements earlier, about ten year bans and deportation?...
I'm guessing you were in the military then during a war? That's a DIFFERENT thing right there. If you're gonna go there: then it's time to use US military force to stop any illegal alien by any means necessary under our laws IN the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration