Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You want to deport someone who was brought as a toddler and has lived here for decades?

If you have such a problem with your money going to illegal immigrants hopefully you don't buy an vegetables or eat in restaurants.
Do you want to let illegal immigrants compete in your job market?

This whole thing about the President simply being able to ignore the law, will that apply to a Republican president as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,133 times
Quote:
You want to deport someone who was brought as a toddler and has lived here for decades?

If you have such a problem with your money going to illegal immigrants hopefully you don't buy an vegetables or eat in restaurants.
This is an excellent argument. Since they've been here illegally for a long time, then they suddenly stop being illegal. I think that works in court.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:15 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Do you want to let illegal immigrants compete in your job market?
They don't, because I'm not interested in jobs that illegal immigrants are doing.

Quote:
This whole thing about the President simply being able to ignore the law, will that apply to a Republican president as well?
Wasn't this the result of the unitary executive that Bush was so big on? Not to mention warrantless wiretappings and illegal detentions and interrogations.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
They don't, because I'm not interested in jobs that illegal immigrants are doing.
Jobs like teaching?

Oh well, screw everybody that's not you, I guess. Let's just hope they don't start letting people in for your job and let's keep increasing the gap between the haves and the have-nots by artificially increasing the supply and driving down salaries.

Quote:
Wasn't this the result of the unitary executive that Bush was so big on? Not to mention warrantless wiretappings and illegal detentions and interrogations.
Even Bush, who I didn't like, wasn't nearly as bad as Obama, (who I also don't like.) Obama is blatant about it.

Obama is like Bush, only worse - which is something few would have thought possible.

I can't wait to see what or next winner will be like.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Huh. So you decided that publicly stating that you don't mind illegal immigration because illegal immigrants don't affect your specific job interests was a good argument?

Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
If you used a real source you would see that they are not on fact illegal and can legally work. Or did you know that and are again deliberately lying? I scoff at your putative thread.

Denver Public Schools looks to hire undocumented immigrants as teachers
Undocumented is the same as illegal.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:

Yes, that old line that unemployed Americans are just too lazy to take the jobs that illegals will do. Jobs in construction, fast food, restaurants, stores, landscaping, agriculture, child care and now teaching.

How about we at least end unemployment and all the other welfare handouts so that we can quit claiming Americans won't work and we need unlimited numbers of cheap foreign workers coming to take even very high paying teaching jobs.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, that old line that unemployed Americans are just too lazy to take the jobs that illegals will do. Jobs in construction, fast food, restaurants, stores, landscaping, agriculture, child care and now teaching.

How about we at least end unemployment and all the other welfare handouts so that we can quit claiming Americans won't work and we need unlimited numbers of cheap foreign workers coming to take even very high paying teaching jobs.
Although, if you look at our children's education scores, you could argue that teaching actually is something that Americans won't do ...

Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
If you used a real source you would see that they are not on fact illegal and can legally work. Or did you know that and are again deliberately lying? I scoff at your putative thread.

Denver Public Schools looks to hire undocumented immigrants as teachers
The article says they're DACA. DACAs are illegals.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Undocumented is the same as illegal.
The title of the article is actually previously undocumented
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: