Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,513,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Here's one account of that program, which included corruption between farmers/ranchers and politians.

I continue to find it fascinating how much emphasis some put on the undocumented while ignoring the reason they came and stayed- employers who hire them.

It does not matter how high a fence, how many people and machines patrol the borders, so long as employers do not experience consequences for employing undocumented workers, they will come/ stay.
Exactly, but the federal government won't allow the states to detect and punish employers who hire illegal immigrants.

There's a coalition between the chamber of commerce, the government, and the ethnic lobbies that kill any action taken.

In Oklahoma's case, for example, they had one of the first state level laws designed to protect the jobs for citizens. It dealt largely, but not entirely, with punishing employers who hired illegal aliens.

But the chamber, ethnic lobbies, and the federal government killed it in court. Immigration is the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government, and they have decided not to enforce immigration laws at least as it pertains to protecting the workforce.

I don't blame the illegal immigrant at all for wanting a better life for himself and his family. I blame the employers and the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 PM

878 posts, read 739,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post

But the chamber, ethnic lobbies, and the federal government killed it in court.
I bet La Raza was involved.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,513,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I bet La Raza was involved.
I don't know, and I support various of those lobbies in other matters.

But I can't go with them down this road.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:25 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,594,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I could care less where they were born. That's not germane to this conversation. The fact that they're here illegally and that bleeding heart liberals are trying to portray a criminal subset of society as victims of our lax enforcement of immigration law is what's at point. If you or I were to sneak into Mexico illegally we'd get 3 hots and a cot, but people coming here illegally get public school educations, due process, and access to public health care...and if they pump out a kid on American soil they get unwritten carte blanche to flaunt immigration law until the day they die. If you're not wise enough to see how completely f'd up that is...you're prime material for the DPS school board.
You could care less? What exactly would make you care less?

And in the famous words of Sheriff Buford T. Justice, the goddamn Germans got nothing to do with this.

I do love that you are promoting Mexico's model for dealing with illegal immigrants. That country clearly has their stuff figured out. Part of what makes this country a better place to live is that we treat people better.

I also love that you consider children who were brought here by their parents criminals. Solid logic.

Winning argument you put together there. I'm sure you've swayed a lot of fence sitters. Nice work.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Default Denver Public Schools hiring illegals with deferred status as teachers

Denver Public Schools says they have a shortage of bilingual teachers.
So they are hiring illegals with deferred status and giving them temp certs to teach while they go through a program.
Has Colorado dropped the requirement to be a US citizen ?

Is teaching now a job Americans don't want to do ?

DPS to hire previously undocumented immigrants
Teach for America is a program which brings people of different backgrounds and experiences into the classroom to enhance learning. They are not licensed teachers but were issued an alternative license from the State of Colorado to teach. These teachers are currently enrolled in classes to attain their traditional teaching license after one year.
But, Boasberg says it is challenging for DPS to find good billingual teachers to serve its Spanish-speaking population.
Fuentes Mena is one of only two teachers with deferred action status within DPS. Boasberg hopes to increase that number to more than ten for the 2014-15 school year. Members of the Walton family, the founders of Wal-Mart, made a large private donation to help pay for teachers with deferred action status to go through the Teach for America program.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
If you used a real source you would see that they are not on fact illegal and can legally work. Or did you know that and are again deliberately lying? I scoff at your putative thread.

Denver Public Schools looks to hire undocumented immigrants as teachers
Because teaching is a job that Americans don't want to do..right ?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
The title of the article is actually previously undocumented
They are still "undocumented". They get a 2 year reprieve from deportation which will happen if amnesty isn't passed. Unless of course they get extended a few more years.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:25 AM

Illegals practicing law in CA and now illegals teaching in CO.

We don't need to pass any amnesty bill folks.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,661,749 times
Seems like colorado has become a liberal freak state.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,396,872 times
There is no such thing as an illegal alien...undocumented........whatever.

When a person crosses a border without permission they are invaders.

Many times they are armed invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: