Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,942,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The immigration quotas for each country are already calculated for that, so illegals from anywhere should be deprorted with equal levels of vigor.
Can't rep you but I agree with you big time.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,900,842 times
Default Good refining insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
An "Investor" visa (EB-5) is different from a "Tourist" visa (B-2). If you define them as being in the "investment" category, they need to follow that criteria, not winging on a "Tourist" visa. I've snipped the remainder of my response, this is the critical piece, and correct way (with no visa fraud) for the "investors" to immigrate.

yes you are correct. Follow rules of the US Visa the Immigrant and or investor and or tourist they are fine until the Visa is up. They must abide the guidelines or get deported. Anther detail that seems to be a sticking point for some is their Visa and passport must be ready for inspection by any law enforcement and or at the ready, like in a hotels safe box.

These same Immigrants no matter their purpose must follow the law and take the proper steps. Most Americans are just fed up with Illegal trespassers, because they choose the wrong path and the end game they have no respect from Americans.

That was the point from the beginning. I concede to your point there are different types and miss use of any type is automatic deportation.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,857,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
...Anther detail that seems to be a sticking point for some is their Visa and passport must be ready for inspection by any law enforcement and or at the ready, like in a hotels safe box...
No, there's not any such "detail" for law enforcement to be able to check visas or foreign passports. In some cases the "documentation" is one and the same: The visa is imprinted on a page of their passport. If the visa is separate, the passport may not even be needed.

So far in this thread, I've had to define visa categories, provide an idea of what fraud might be (refreshing memories for what members have said along the way), and give an overview of laws. Other than myself most of the time, there's no reaction here to an Australian (we think the accent is kitschy) re-applying in a non-immigrant status over and over with the intent to immigrate, but only consider it "sneaking in" if it is a Mexican crossing the desert.

Why is that?...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM

63,134 posts, read 29,316,816 times
How many times does it have to be reiterated in here that we oppose all illegal immigration before someone gets it? "No one" IMO should be able to adjust their status on our soil if they entered illegally in the first place. If they allowed their visa to expire all foreigners should be treated equally according to what our laws state. This constant insinuation that we want Mexicans held to some higher standard or discriminated against is getting old.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,900,842 times
Default Pass Port

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, there's not any such "detail" for law enforcement to be able to check visas or foreign passports. In some cases the "documentation" is one and the same: The visa is imprinted on a page of their passport. If the visa is separate, the passport may not even be needed.

So far in this thread, I've had to define visa categories, provide an idea of what fraud might be (refreshing memories for what members have said along the way), and give an overview of laws. Other than myself most of the time, there's no reaction here to an Australian (we think the accent is kitschy) re-applying in a non-immigrant status over and over with the intent to immigrate, but only consider it "sneaking in" if it is a Mexican crossing the desert.

Why is that?...
Its seem so many get" offended " when Law Enforcement ask for your Papers. Which is perfectly legal requirement.

I was trying to be PC. I guess it did not work!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM

102 posts, read 101,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why is there a plan to out immigrate another group from another country???

We are Americans we gain our independence since that time we have immigrated people from all walks of life. They became American. We immigrated people here legally. We have a system to today that is balanced, but yet most of our illegal immigration comes from the south of our border which is destroying the balance & assimilation.

So why would there be a plan for one group vs the other?
Balanced? Balanced? The percentage of the white population in the US has been steadily dropping for years. At the current pace, in a few of decades, we will no longer be a majority in the US. This is not strictly because of illegal immigration.
Until the 60's, the people we allowed to immigrate were, by a large majority, white and European. Since that time, the third world immigrants who've entered this country, both legal and illegal, are not assimilating. It has nothing to do with their legal status. If you're in NYC as your moniker suggests, I would encourage you to look around. Do you not see the crime rates? Do you not see the cultural shift? Demographics are our destiny. You want to go live in Brownsville? Bushwick? Consider that a moment and I'll ask you: Why wouldn't there be a plan for one group over another?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times does it have to be reiterated in here that we oppose all illegal immigration before someone gets it? "No one" IMO should be able to adjust their status on our soil if they entered illegally in the first place. If they allowed their visa to expire all foreigners should be treated equally according to what our laws state. This constant insinuation that we want Mexicans held to some higher standard or discriminated against is getting old.
Note that someone can be involved in visa fraud, yet never be an illegal alien. Having the intent to permanently immigrate when applying for a non-immigrant category (excepting the 'K'-class, which is recognized as a valid method to AoS) is visa fraud. Does it matter whether someone is "sneaking" through paperwork instead of the desert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Its seem so many get" offended " when Law Enforcement ask for your Papers. Which is perfectly legal requirement.

I was trying to be PC. I guess it did not work!
Nope, law enforcement is generally unaware of visa categories and status. Case in point, Legal Permanent Residents below the age of 18 are not required to carry their Resident Card (translation: "Green Card", and the last few years they are being issued as green once again). Compare it to my status as a U.S. citizen, law enforcement, and even the Border Patrol, can ask me if I am a citizen. Within the boundaries of the United States, I am not lawfully encumbered to provide that answer to them (observing that I should not lie to them).

There seems to be a wide misunderstanding of the law here...

Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 AM

Of course it doesn't matter whether someone committed visa fraud or crawled under or over a fence to get here. It's all pretty much the same. Why would anyone think otherwise? The only difference to me would be a visa over stayer because although they are also breaking the law at least they entered legally in the first place.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Balanced? Balanced? The percentage of the white population in the US has been steadily dropping for years. At the current pace, in a few of decades, we will no longer be a majority in the US. This is not strictly because of illegal immigration.
Until the 60's, the people we allowed to immigrate were, by a large majority, white and European. Since that time, the third world immigrants who've entered this country, both legal and illegal, are not assimilating. It has nothing to do with their legal status. If you're in NYC as your moniker suggests, I would encourage you to look around. Do you not see the crime rates? Do you not see the cultural shift? Demographics are our destiny. You want to go live in Brownsville? Bushwick? Consider that a moment and I'll ask you: Why wouldn't there be a plan for one group over another?
The reason that the white population is declining in percentages is directly due to Ted Kennedy opening the floodgates to non-white foreigners in 1965 and for decades we have had millions of foreigners coming from mostly south of our border here illegally. They also have the highest birthrates. Illegal immigration has had the highest impact on our changing demographics. I really don't care about race or skin color my concern is having our identifying culture diluted or changed. Assimilation is not being attained but colonization instead.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course it doesn't matter whether someone committed visa fraud or crawled under or over a fence to get here. It's all pretty much the same. Why would anyone think otherwise? The only difference to me would be a visa over stayer because although they are also breaking the law at least they entered legally in the first place.
That's still not quite the defined standard under law (as long as someone did not do "Entry Without Inspection", which is actually changed now, they are able to attempt to "adjust" their status from within the United States), because if they are "admitted" (presented for "inspection", and allowed in), even fraudulently, it is treated as a valid entry (codified in "the matter of Quinlantan"). "EWI" would become "EWA", Entry Without Admittance.

Of course then we are in the further morass of whether the intent on entry (either "legally" or illegally) was to permanently stay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration