Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 AM

63,069 posts, read 29,269,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We got to understand that Obama's brand of Social Justice and Obama administration power grabs are taking its toll. It would seem the regular Americans are tired of technical trickery by the DNC and the President.
Further the over reaches of the Federal Gov.
To Not surprise; Bill Maher (Flipping thru the channels) is even saying that Conservatives & Tea Party is Demonizing the President and the Federal Government. Image that?

The point is the House Republicans and the Senate Republicans need to come up with a comprehensive plan. That is all they need to do. Its up to the Senate Majority (Reid to table it or go to conference. then the final signature is the Presidents desk. We all know it will not go that far.

It is my humble opinion the laws are just fine and far for the would be visitor and or the Would be American future citizen. We need to just enforce the current laws and have tighter boarder security. Of course Employer mandates and e- Verify is a good part of the enforcement package.

For the 12m that are here is these folks should not be granted citizenship period and not receive any state and federal help or service period. They choose to break US Law. Short of deportation al all 12 m, grant them a work permit and pay back taxes period to continue to stay. But have to return to country of origin and check in with the Start Department once every quarter to verify address.

Again President Obama is failing to oath of Office to up hold the laws of the land and is technically is a candidate for Impeachment . President Obama and the DNC measures everything to political gain, not what is best for America.

We disagree on one point. Since they broke our immigration laws why should they be allowed to stay here with work permits? We need the jobs they are holding. Who is going to investigate and monitor the paying of any back taxes? I am not understanding if you mean return to their homelands first before granting a work permit. Shouldn't they get in line behind those already applying to come here legally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM

424 posts, read 468,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Amnesty is not someting being proposed.
My thing it's not!!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,491,903 times
Quote:
Amnesty is not someting being proposed.
Partially right.

It's an aaaaaaaaaaaaaamnesty, not an amnesty. They'll get their citizenship. This "immigration reform" is just a delayed amnesty stretched out over several years.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:08 AM

741 posts, read 765,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Partially right.

It's an aaaaaaaaaaaaaamnesty, not an amnesty. They'll get their citizenship. This "immigration reform" is just a delayed amnesty stretched out over several years.
Just because you make something up ... as in trying to convince others that your theory is fact ... doesn't change the fact that amensty has not been proposed. Sounds to me as if you haven't read the various proposals.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Just because you make something up ... as in trying to convince others that your theory is fact ... doesn't change the fact that amensty has not been proposed. Sounds to me as if you haven't read the various proposals.
Anything that allows illegal aliens to remain here rather than being deported is indeed amnesty. Just because the PC term CIR has been used to describe it doesn't change that fact. What's being reformed in regards to illegal immigration?......nothing. It will still be against the law to come here without authorization from our government.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:00 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,314,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
I don't see why they shouldn't. They won't get any votes from the illegal end and their business constituents aren't going to turn around and vote Democrat any time soon, LOL! An amnesty bill would be very, very dangerous to the Republican party, with the only benefit being a few appeased special interests. You're talking about legalizing 10+ million mostly Democrat voters.
What's more dangerous to the GOP long term? The 10 or 11 million illegals who COULD gain citizenship after a wait of 10 or 12 or 15 years plus being willing to pay fines and penalties and learn English and whatever other roadblocks that could be negotiated with the Democrats, in exchange for concessions such as e-verify, prison sentences for employers who knowingly and repeatedly hire aliens and/or enhanced border security;

Or is it the 50,000 Hispanics reaching voting age each MONTH.

That's 600,000 new voters a year or 2.4 million with every 4 year presidential election cycle. My point is that it's difficult to get young legal Hispanics to listen to your message when as Marco Rubio said, "you're trying to deport their grandmother" and in the long run, not being able to successfully compete for those legal new voters is far more dangerous to your cause.

The demographics of this country have irrevocably changed. Mayberry America isn't coming back. The situation with Hispanics and their effect on politics reminds me of the old Fram oil filter commercial.

"Pay me now, or pay me later."

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-30-2014 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-30-2014, 02:13 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,897,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We disagree on one point. Since they broke our immigration laws why should they be allowed to stay here with work permits? We need the jobs they are holding. Who is going to investigate and monitor the paying of any back taxes? I am not understanding if you mean return to their homelands first before granting a work permit. Shouldn't they get in line behind those already applying to come here legally?

Good Point , forgive me I was being "Sensitive" . Yea I know it is a tough call and I sure is what you I think about Illegal Long term Trespasser.,

Some how they will get offer a similar package from the FEDs. The Federal Gov has no will to enforce these laws. Except if a Citizen gets in trouble that's different.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
What's more dangerous to the GOP long term? The 10 or 11 million illegals who COULD gain citizenship after a wait of 10 or 12 or 15 years plus being willing to pay fines and penalties and learn English and whatever other roadblocks that could be negotiated with the Democrats, in exchange for concessions such as e-verify, prison sentences for employers who knowingly and repeatedly hire aliens and/or enhanced border security;

Or is it the 50,000 Hispanics reaching voting age each MONTH.

That's 600,000 new voters a year or 2.4 million with every 4 year presidential election cycle. My point is that it's difficult to get young legal Hispanics to listen to your message when as Marco Rubio said, "you're trying to deport their grandmother" and in the long run, not being able to successfully compete for those legal new voters is far more dangerous to your cause.

The demographics of this country have irrevocably changed. Mayberry America isn't coming back. The situation with Hispanics and their effect on politics reminds me of the old Fram oil filter commercial.

"Pay me now, or pay me later."
So Americans should put their relatives above the rule of law and politicians should cave into them and be blackmailed for votes? Is that what our country is about? I'd sure like a link to your assertions that 50,000 Hispanics are reaching voting age each month.

Mayberry America? In other words our demographics are changing via illegal immigration. No loyal American would be ok with that. I wonder if these people would be ok with Mexico changing from a Hispanic country in identity to "Mayberry" via illegal immigration into their country? I think we no the answer to that and it makes them hypocrites.

By the way, there are 266 million non-Hispanics in this country vs 50 million Hispanics including those here illegally. Out of those 266 million there are many black, Asian and other non-white Americans that would not fit the description of Mayberry. Do you think they want their country changed via illegal immigration?

Old 04-30-2014, 03:08 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,314,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So Americans should put their relatives above the rule of law and politicians should cave into them and be blackmailed for votes? I'm not making a value judgement. I'm just stating that's it's virtually impossible to separate legal Hispanics from illegals on the issue of immigration reform.Is that what our country is about? I'd sure like a link to your assertions that 50,000 Hispanics are reaching voting age each month. I'm posting from my IPad and I haven't figured how to link with it, but if you search for 50,000 new hispanic voters a month, you'll find it.

Mayberry America? In other words our demographics are changing via illegal immigration. No loyal American would be ok with that. I wonder if these people would be ok with Mexico changing from a Hispanic country in identity to "Mayberry" via illegal immigration into their country? I think we no the answer to that and it makes them hypocrites. I never said that illegal immigration is responsible for changing demographics; only that they have changed and even if you instantly deported all of the illegals, you wouldn't be able to replicate a 1950's or 1960's America. Another stat that shows how the country has changed is that in 2012 the average white voter was 44 or 45 years old; the average Hispanic voter was about 27.

By the way, there are 266 million non-Hispanics in this country vs 50 million Hispanics including those here illegally. Out of those 266 million there are many black, Asian and other non-white Americans that would not fit the description of Mayberry. Do you think they want their country changed via illegal immigration?
Again, I was only stating the obvious. The country has already changed. The question is with minority vote increasing (with the lion's share of that vote being Hispanic) one or two points, and white vote falling one or two points with every Presidential Election, can the GOP hope to successfully compete for that legal young Hispanic vote while refusing legalization with a path to citizenship for the illegals already here?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Again, I was only stating the obvious. The country has already changed. The question is with minority vote increasing (with the lion's share of that vote being Hispanic) one or two points, and white vote falling one or two points with every Presidential Election, can the GOP hope to successfully compete for that legal young Hispanic vote while refusing legalization with a path to citizenship for the illegals already here?
Why are you making this a white vs Hispanic issue? As I pointed out there are 266 million non-Hispanics in this country vs only 50 million Hispanics and out of those 266 million whites, blacks, Asians and other Americans make up that number. Only 10 million Hispanics voted in the last election. This country is a melting pot of Americans of all races and ethnic groups so no there is no big change in that respect. It is illegal immigration that is changing the face of this country and that is neither natural nor lawful.

So essentially what you are saying is that the GOP has to thumb their noses at our immigration laws in order to gain the Hispanic vote? There is something wrong with this picture, isn't there? Aren't Americans of all ethnic groups and races obligated to honor our laws and not think along ethnic tribal lines when it comes to those laws? Minorities including Hispanics have a track record of voting Democrat anyway and that would not change much even if the GOP caved into amnesty.

Why should illegals be legalized via an amnesty and put on a path to citizenship when they violated our immigration laws? We have millions of Americans out of work that need the jobs they are holding. It negates our reasonable legal immigration quotas and laws. It sends a signal that we will reward lawbreakers and that our borders don't mean anything. We should be thinking about what is best for this country as a whole not negating our laws for some special interest group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration