Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 PM

1,059 posts, read 834,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I ain't scared of offending a group of people if their "tribal loyalty" to LatAm means more than being an American. There ain't enough of them to do boo and even their birthrate is falling. So; lets' get hopping on hard core deportations IF the fools in DC will ever "man up" and do the right thing.
Giving you another rep just wasn't enough! Excellent observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 10:20 PM

1,059 posts, read 834,670 times
It's long past-due that both parties and our government put the needs of the tax paying U.S. Citizens ahead of illegals and their proponents. Unfortunately, the border states especially get hit when we can least afford to house, feed, clothe, school, provide medical care, give driver licenses, ad nauseam to these unwelcome interlopers. End of rant... for now.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:37 AM

63,315 posts, read 29,392,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I understand your position. The question is how the GOP will be able to finesse the issue, with their base obstinate in its opposition to anything that smacks of amnesty while simultaneously desperately needing to detoxify their relationship with Hispanics to have a chance at winning in presidential elections now, and especially in the future.
Holding a hard line on "immigration"? This isn't about immigration but illegal immigration. So respecting and enforcing our immigration laws is holding a hard line even though we allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year?

How does the GOP "detoxify" their relationship with Hispanics? Is it as I said, they would have to thumb their noses at our immigration laws in order to accomplish that? FYI, even though a good majority of Hispanics want amnesty they all don't.

You seem to want to make this issue about the future of the GOP and white Americans while discounting all the other races/ethnic groups that have conservatives among them and don't want another amnesty either.

If the future of the GOP depends on placating a group of ethnocentrics via thumbing their noses at our immigration laws then let them go down in flames with at least a pro-American, pro-laws attitude. Heroes have gone down in the past defending what is right. Those are the people I respect not panderers caving into what is wrong.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,953,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I understand your position. The question is how the GOP will be able to finesse the issue, with their base obstinate in its opposition to anything that smacks of amnesty while simultaneously desperately needing to detoxify their relationship with Hispanics to have a chance at winning in presidential elections now, and especially in the future.

-------------------

^You see, it isn't just Hispanic illegals who will benefit should amnesty happen. In the past, ICE deported illegal aliens back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. Why should either party be pandering to those who are here illegally?

Also, why do you think that there is a need for republicans "to detoxify their relationship with Hispanics"? I'm half-Hispanic, and by republicans supporting amnesty, it certainly doesn't make me a fan. Nor am I a fan of democrats for the same reason. Which ever party has the courage to stand up and stay NO to amnesty, that's the party that will get my support.

Hispanics are not a monolith that votes and thinks alike. For example, Cubans tend to vote republican.

Besides, when polled, Hispanic-Americans rate the economy as their #1 concern with immigration issues coming in at either #5 or #6.

I, for one, find it insulting that both parties think that in order to get my vote, they need to promise amnesty for illegal aliens. I do not support law breakers.
Agreed. I'm of Irish family and word is there are many illegal alien Irish in places like Boston. Deport them all! Sheesh!

Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,117,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. I'm of Irish family and word is there are many illegal alien Irish in places like Boston. Deport them all! Sheesh!
My husband is of Irish descent and agrees with you 100%! As he puts it, the illegal Irish need to call The Padded Wagon (there is actually a moving company with that name that specializes in moving illegal Irish back to Ireland), pack their things and leave.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:44 PM

741 posts, read 766,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
... can the GOP hope to successfully compete for that legal young Hispanic vote while refusing legalization with a path to citizenship for the illegals already here?
In my view ... no, it can't successfully compete unless ... and that's a fact moderate Republicans understand and are trying to educate their bretheren about.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:52 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,117,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
In my view ... no, it can't successfully compete unless ... and that's a fact moderate Republicans understand and are trying to educate their bretheren about.
No politician, on either side of the aisle should have to pander to an ethnic, racial or religious group by promising that the illegal alien members of that group will get amnesty.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
So what you are saying is that the GOP needs to get educated that Hispanics won't vote for them unless they thumb their noses at our immigration laws for their illegal bretheren? Why should any politicians do that? Besides, they won't garner much more of the Hispanic vote anyway. Minorities typically vote Democrat based on the other issues.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:41 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,904,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why are you making this a white vs Hispanic issue? As I pointed out there are 266 million non-Hispanics in this country vs only 50 million Hispanics and out of those 266 million whites, blacks, Asians and other Americans make up that number. Only 10 million Hispanics voted in the last election. This country is a melting pot of Americans of all races and ethnic groups so no there is no big change in that respect. It is illegal immigration that is changing the face of this country and that is neither natural nor lawful.

So essentially what you are saying is that the GOP has to thumb their noses at our immigration laws in order to gain the Hispanic vote? There is something wrong with this picture, isn't there? Aren't Americans of all ethnic groups and races obligated to honor our laws and not think along ethnic tribal lines when it comes to those laws? Minorities including Hispanics have a track record of voting Democrat anyway and that would not change much even if the GOP caved into amnesty.

Why should illegals be legalized via an amnesty and put on a path to citizenship when they violated our immigration laws? We have millions of Americans out of work that need the jobs they are holding. It negates our reasonable legal immigration quotas and laws. It sends a signal that we will reward lawbreakers and that our borders don't mean anything. We should be thinking about what is best for this country as a whole not negating our laws for some special interest group.

Old Glory there are those who just want open borders no matter what the cost is. We should be aggressive as a country to deport as many as we can to send a message. This will not tolerated in this country.

Our augment is simple break the law and will go. many countries including Mexico has far more aggressive law enforcement than the US; That is sad.

The other point I have been toying with is what would happen if we would cleanup LA?

1, Less traffic congestion would be half and you can actual get across town (LA& Orange Co) in 40 minutes.
2. Would have more affordable homes
3. No more gangs and a decrease in crimes and fraud.
4. No more crowed Schools for our Children.
5. English would dominate the State Again.
6. The Cities would more attractive to the Middle Class Again.
7. Tax Payers would not be on the hook foe excessive assistance programs.
8. Lower Tax rate for most Californians.
9. Property Seized from Illegal Aliens pays the cost.
10. surplus monies go for Urban Renewal.

Deportation does not sound so evil now.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Old Glory there are those who just want open borders no matter what the cost is. We should be aggressive as a country to deport as many as we can to send a message. This will not tolerated in this country.

Our augment is simple break the law and will go. many countries including Mexico has far more aggressive law enforcement than the US; That is sad.

The other point I have been toying with is what would happen if we would cleanup LA?

1, Less traffic congestion would be half and you can actual get across town (LA& Orange Co) in 40 minutes.
2. Would have more affordable homes
3. No more gangs and a decrease in crimes and fraud.
4. No more crowed Schools for our Children.
5. English would dominate the State Again.
6. The Cities would more attractive to the Middle Class Again.
7. Tax Payers would not be on the hook foe excessive assistance programs.
8. Lower Tax rate for most Californians.
9. Property Seized from Illegal Aliens pays the cost.
10. surplus monies go for Urban Renewal.

Deportation does not sound so evil now.
I would just add that there would be plentiful jobs for our blue-collared workers again and wages would go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration