Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,747,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
We might need to Widen I-90 and I-80/94 to accomidate the extra businesses and people moving to Indiana from Illinois.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:57 PM

912 posts, read 1,333,054 times
It can easily be repealed if/when the democrats get control .At least according to a news broadcast .

Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 PM
REM

368 posts, read 995,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Wow! And the world didn't end and the sky didn't come falling down? Now the crying begins. Hopefully we don't have to hear about it anymore. Democracy at work!
Don't worry you'll see the negative effects when you get your next paycheck.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,520,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
It can easily be repealed if/when the democrats get control .At least according to a news broadcast .
Last time i checked Indiana is conservative and even if the democrats managed to get the house they won't get the senate so its pretty much a done deal.

Last edited by Broadrippleguy; 01-26-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,361,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
Seems awfully selfish to let myself get paid above market benefits (not always wages), so that other people can have less jobs available to them that they could have otherwise had.

Its nice to know I'm not required to join a union and pay union dues to work somewhere, when they then launder some of that money to democratic candidates that I don't support.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,510,410 times
In the meantime, I'll continue to work here where the union has worked to improve my working conditions, my benefits, and my wages but no longer have to help cover their costs for doing so.

Looks like "win/win" for me, me, me.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,155,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I wish people would stop and think. What are the odds that a company will decrease pay of its existing employees? Really stop to think about that one because so many people make these asinine statements to the point where I'm wondering if some of the people truly lack the education to get a job. I've seen several comments (not on here) where people are blaming OBama for Indiana's RTW. Really? Think about it, 10% of the state workforce is union. That means 90% is not. I'm sorry, the 10% just doesn't hold that much weight to think everything will crumble because of RTW.

Say what you want about any individual RTW state. They're unemployment may or may not be because it's a RTW state. Nevada has had issues since forever and a day. Despite what Union diehards say about Oklahoma, they have a 6.1% unemployment rate and Indiana doesn't.

Look at it like this, what's better, a company opening up shop for say 15% less (roughly your union dues) or no job at all? salary - 15% > 0.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
I wish people would stop and think. What are the odds that a company will decrease pay of its existing employees? Really stop to think about that one because so many people make these asinine statements to the point where I'm wondering if some of the people truly lack the education to get a job. I've seen several comments (not on here) where people are blaming OBama for Indiana's RTW. Really? Think about it, 10% of the state workforce is union. That means 90% is not. I'm sorry, the 10% just doesn't hold that much weight to think everything will crumble because of RTW.

Say what you want about any individual RTW state. They're unemployment may or may not be because it's a RTW state. Nevada has had issues since forever and a day. Despite what Union diehards say about Oklahoma, they have a 6.1% unemployment rate and Indiana doesn't.

Look at it like this, what's better, a company opening up shop for say 15% less (roughly your union dues) or no job at all? salary - 15% > 0.
This is spot on.
Appreciate the FACT YOU HAVE A JOB!
Such an ingrateful world

Old 01-28-2012, 12:02 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,157,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
OH YA! THE RIGHT TO WORK BILL PASSED THE HOUSE! Indiana is now the 23rd right to Work State.
Better watch out Illinois and Michigan and Ohio!
Indiana House passes right-to-work legislation 55-41 | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
Yep, very disappointing.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Yep, very disappointing.
That Indiana has become the Black Hole and will start sucking jobs in like a vacuum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana