Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM

540 posts, read 1,909,833 times

Advertisements

Oh, I also want to Thank ND for their losing season because it gave me a chance to see some good football teams play that I normally don't get to see. It's opened my eyes to some other college teams that don't get the publicity like ND does. And some of these teams never make it into the Top 25. So thanks ND, I am now proud to watch other college teams for a change and to devout my precious time to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Those names are good but you know how ND is, they want a big name guy who will make an impact and get everyone excited about ND again. I think Bill Cowher is the only name worth going after but still ND has a ton of money they would have to pay out to Charlie and do you think they would do that? I think Charlie's got two more years to prove himself and if he is successful at taking them to a bowl game each of those years, I don't see him being fired. They would fire him though if he loses the next two seasons. Then they would buy him out of his contract. I'm not quite sold on Charlie after last year and especially this year. His first year I was led to believe, like many others, that this guy is going to be the next Lou Holtz, but that's not panning out. What happened to the big, mean, nasty football team he promised? They just got beat by guys my size! While that's promising for someone like me, it leaves a bad taste for ND.
Cowher isn't a big name? Whaaaaaa????? Peterson re-uped with Boise state when ND was looking for a coach. They paid big bucks to keep him at Boise State. Same is true for Iowa's coach, who is now the highest paid coach in the nation. I've heard that Steve Spurrier would love the ND job, but there are some knuckleheaded alumni who still think that ND Jon Gruden would actually take the job (he wouldn't). Zook, no way ... couldn't deal with ND's standards.

Charlie Weis, of all people, knows what ND's football tradition is. Is he living up to expectations? No freaking way. Is he part of the problem? Yep!! He came into ND with zero humility ... the nasty football remark is costing him some major humble pie eating now.

As for Jimmy Clausen ... Brady Quinn would have a heckuva time this year because the core of ND's problems is the fact that they have no offensive line ... none, bupkis, zilch. We'll never know this year what the QB situation truly is because if the center can't snap well, and the line can't provide protection, you're going to have a QB who is constantly running for their lives and not being able to connect on passes. My Christmas wish for the team is that next year, some major miracle happens and they can get an O line next season.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
I can pick up 4 tickets to the Notre Dame-Duke game this weekend. Maybe I should go to watch an historic 10 loss season and zero wins at home…another record-breaking game!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 AM

Go for it Shrek!!! I'd go if I lived closer. Who knows, you may actually see them win one! Have a brat on the quad for me!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:18 PM

That was a nice game to watch. Clausen actually looked really good! The future of ND is throwing the ball and Clausen is the guy to do it. I loved seeing Zibby get a couple snaps ... I wish he would have thrown it instead of trying to zibby it down the field.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
What an impressive win!!!!! Now they need to fly back to the West Coast and knock off another California team.

Go Irish!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 AM

It's always impressive to watch ND beat a team not known for football and had the same record as ND going into the game. It was also impressive to watch Clausen continue to throw more to the sideline than to a receiver. I got an idea! Why doesn't he try to run the ball down field and make something happen instead of throwing it out of bounds on every other play? If that's the future then maybe I have a chance to show those very same skills. How hard can it be to be given the ball and to throw it out of bounds on almost every play? I can also give it to a running back and let him go backwards with the ball. ND's time of greatness has passed. Move on folks!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM

What game were you watching? Clausen's passes were on. Yea, he threw to the sideline, what QB doesn't when there's nothing else to do? For a freshman, he was throwing a lot more accurately than BQ ever did.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:10 AM

He's way overrated. ND will not win with him at the helm. I have to admit I was sold on Weiss when he came aboard but not anymore. I think I became a ND hater this year. Even if they do win, I'm just so tired of them and hearing about them. When anyone mentions ND, I say "Who cares".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana